Residence Permit for parents

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
LiveInTheReality

Post by LiveInTheReality » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:02 pm

Hi,

I am a naturalized Finnish citizen, and my parents are still living in their home country.
They are getting old, and I'd like to check if there are any possibilities of moving them here for the rest of their lives.

Does anyone have experiences sponsoring the residence permit application for parents?
I got the impression it is quite hard, and nearly impossible, but does anyone know?

Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: Residence Permit for parents

Post by heretostay » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:29 pm

LiveInTheReality

Post by LiveInTheReality » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:23 pm

Thanks!

Is there any statistics, how easy is it to get the residence permit granted in this situation?
Do you or anyone have been in the similar situation?
Last edited by LiveInTheReality on Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:58 pm

LiveInTheReality wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:23 pm
Is there any statistics, how easy is it to get the residence permit granted in this situation?
It would be quite exceptional if a residence permit is granted for parents of an adult Finnish citizen.

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:48 pm

If you are an adult your parents are not considered immediate family anymore. The only way is for you to prove that they are totally dependent to you meaning that is close to impossible as you live in Finland while they were able to live and are surviving where they currently are.