Considering name change

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
NansDrivel

Considering name change

Post by NansDrivel » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:58 am

I know it may seem a little extreme, but we’re considering changing our last name to my maiden name, which is Finnish, because of all the crazy immigration stuff that’s happening here. A friend of mine is a Swedish Finn with a British last name and some guys who were doing repairs on her flat hassled her about not being a Finn.

Anyone here who is a US citizen living in Finland who has changed their name? I’ve read all about it but would appreciate hearing your real-life experience and hear how much of a hassle it truly is. Thanks!

Considering name change

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

browndude

Re: Considering name change

Post by browndude » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:59 pm

NansDrivel wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:58 am
I know it may seem a little extreme, but we’re considering changing our last name to my maiden name, which is Finnish, because of all the crazy immigration stuff that’s happening here. A friend of mine is a Swedish Finn with a British last name and some guys who were doing repairs on her flat hassled her about not being a Finn.

Anyone here who is a US citizen living in Finland who has changed their name? I’ve read all about it but would appreciate hearing your real-life experience and hear how much of a hassle it truly is. Thanks!
Was hassled because she was Swedish Finns or because she had a British last name?
ImageImage

NansDrivel

Post by NansDrivel » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:54 am

browndude wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:59 pm
NansDrivel wrote:

Was hassled because she was Swedish Finns or because she had a British last name?
Because she has a British last name.

karhu86

Post by karhu86 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:10 pm

NansDrivel wrote:

Changing your name to your maiden name is very easy in Finland. If you check DVV the have a form for that. You take an appointment, and then you get it in like two weeks. Keep the paper because you will need to prove that later if you apply for a job that you are that person