Bank statements

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Finlandman123

Bank statements

Post by Finlandman123 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:22 pm

Hello,
I am from the United States and have been working in Finland 1 year as an employed person. I submitted my application for continued residence on time and followed the instructions exactly. However, I got a request for additional information, and they asked me to upload 6 months of bank statements from all my bank accounts.
I am really just wondering if anyone has dealt with this and has any explanation. I tried calling the customer service line to ask why they want it, but they did not give me any new information.
I live and work in Finland and have started saving to buy an apartment. I am working the exact same job that I moved here with and use a Finnish bank for my daily banking. I do retain an American bank account but use it only for transfering small amounts of money to occassionally to pay off an American credit card that I plan on closing when I have it paid off.
I am quite confused as to why they want this information, but I dutifully uploaded account statements for 6 months for both my Finnish and American bank accounts, but since then I have heard nothing and my residence expires in only some days. The status still just says waiting for processing. Does anyone else have any similar experiences or explanations?!
Thank you so much in advance.

Bank statements

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Bank statements

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:29 pm

Finlandman123 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:22 pm
Hello,
I am from the United States and have been working in Finland 1 year as an employed person. I submitted my application for continued residence on time and followed the instructions exactly. However, I got a request for additional information, and they asked me to upload 6 months of bank statements from all my bank accounts.
I am really just wondering if anyone has dealt with this and has any explanation. I tried calling the customer service line to ask why they want it, but they did not give me any new information.
I live and work in Finland and have started saving to buy an apartment. I am working the exact same job that I moved here with and use a Finnish bank for my daily banking. I do retain an American bank account but use it only for transfering small amounts of money to occassionally to pay off an American credit card that I plan on closing when I have it paid off.
I am quite confused as to why they want this information, but I dutifully uploaded account statements for 6 months for both my Finnish and American bank accounts, but since then I have heard nothing and my residence expires in only some days. The status still just says waiting for processing. Does anyone else have any similar experiences or explanations?!
Thank you so much in advance.
Have you verified that your information is correct in the incomes register? Has there been a gap? Can only guess but maybe they don’t see continuous salary income in the register and are looking at whether you relied on social security.

Finlandman123

Post by Finlandman123 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:33 pm

The tax office at least seems to know the correct income, and our accountant at work does the tax registration for us. How do I check what the income register has for my past income?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:10 pm

Finlandman123 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:33 pm
How do I check what the income register has for my past income?
Sign in at https://www.vero.fi/en/incomes-register/