Do i meet the requirements of Permanent residence permit?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
paharjoyi

Re: Do i meet the requirements of Permanent residence permit?

Post by paharjoyi » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:06 pm

gramirezv wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:24 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:36 am
gramirezv wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:28 am

You are right, that link is for citizenship.

But the even so, the text for permanent residency states:

A permanent residence permit is valid until further notice. In other words, its period of validity is not limited. You can get a permanent residence permit if:
  • you have lived in Finland for an uninterrupted period of 4 years with a continuous residence permit (an A permit);
    and
    the requirements for issuing a continuous residence permit are still met.
https://migri.fi/en/permanent-residence-permit

So my point was that even if you have had a 4 year residence permit, if you haven't lived in the country for the whole duration you are not fulfilling the first requirement
You again keep ignoring this: ”you need to have resided in Finland for at least 2 years during the past 4 years.”
And you keep ignoring what I highlighted above.

What you mentioned only refers to defining if you are considered to have a valid continuous residence permit, not how long you need to have lived in Finland to fulfill the first requirement listed, it's not that you can interpret and choose the requirements that apply
Imagine a person who have a 4 years work permit and spends 1.5 months of summer vacation every years outside of Finland. So in 4 years, he would spend 6 months outside of Finland. So, in your logic he will become eligible after 4.6 years of residency with work permit ? He then need to get another extended permit and then apply for the Permanent residency after 6 months have been passed!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

gramirezv

Post by gramirezv » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:17 pm

paharjoyi wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:06 pm
gramirezv wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:36 am

You again keep ignoring this: ”you need to have resided in Finland for at least 2 years during the past 4 years.”

What you mentioned only refers to defining if you are considered to have a valid continuous residence permit, not how long you need to have lived in Finland to fulfill the first requirement listed, it's not that you can interpret and choose the requirements that apply
Imagine a person who have a 4 years work permit and spends 1.5 months of summer vacation every years outside of Finland. So in 4 years, he would spend 6 months outside of Finland. So, in your logic he will become eligible after 4.6 years of residency with work permit ? He then need to get another extended permit and then apply for the Permanent residency after 6 months have been passed!
It's a different thing living in Finland and going out of the country for holidays, than living in another country altogether even if you hold a residence permit in Finland.

My point being is that according to what I understand from the migri requirements is that you have to have "resided" in Finland for at least 4 years, and you are allowed to be outside of Finland for periods of time such as for holidays, study or work without interrupting your period of residence.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:29 pm

gramirezv wrote:

This is not correct. Let’s just agree to disagree.

gramirezv

Post by gramirezv » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:37 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:29 pm
gramirezv wrote:

This is not correct. Let’s just agree to disagree.
That I can agree completely :D

Either way would be great to hear from OP about the decision, as I would say this is a topic of interest for many

dev-entrepreuner

Post by dev-entrepreuner » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:15 am

gramirezv wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:21 am
paharjoyi wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:56 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:37 pm

Have you read the full conditions here? Is there any that you think you don’t satisfy?

https://migri.fi/en/permanent-residence-permit
I have read through it several times and even went through the translation on Finlex law. Look at what I have found from Finlex. "(1) A permanent residence permit is issued to aliens who, after being issued with a continuous
residence permit, have resided legally in the country for a continuous period of four years if the
requirements for issuing an alien with a continuous residence permit are still met and there are no
obstacles to issuing a permanent resident permit under this Act. Residence is considered
continuous if an alien has resided in Finland for at least half the validity period of the residence
permit. Absence resulting from ordinary holiday or other travel or work at a work site abroad on
secondment by a Finnish employer is not considered an interruption of continuous residence." . Everything seems fine to my eyes. I would like to know if someone in this forum has had a similar situation to mine and what kind of decision they have received.
You don't mention when you've arrived to Finland and if you had another type of residence permit before. The way I understand what you wrote is that you've only lived in Finland for 25 months.

You will not get it if you haven't lived in Finland for four years, you can apply 3 month before the 4 years mark.
It's a 1 year process for migri to give decision on permanent RP application. Therefore, it's logical to apply as soon as you hit 3 years and 1 day of your residency.
If their decision is ready before that 4th year anniversary day - they will simply wait till that moment.

Source: my own dillusional opinion, base on reading this forum for numerous years and consulting multiple migration lawyers

browndude

Post by browndude » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:35 pm

I am looking at the Finnish version which says the following.

Pysyvä oleskelulupa on voimassa toistaiseksi eli sen voimassaoloaikaa ei ole rajoitettu. Voit saada pysyvän oleskeluluvan, kun

olet asunut Suomessa yhtäjaksoisesti 4 vuotta jatkuvalla oleskeluluvalla (A-lupa) ja
jatkuvan oleskeluluvan myöntämisen edellytykset ovat edelleen olemassa.
Et voi saada pysyvää oleskelulupaa opiskelun tai työnhaun perusteella.
Jos sinulla on jatkolupa opiskelun tai työnhaun perusteella, voit hakea pysyvää oleskelulupaa jollakin muulla perusteella, jos täytät edellytykset. Peruste pysyvän oleskeluluvan myöntämiselle voi olla esimerkiksi perhe tai työ. Lue lisää jatkolupien perusteista.

Asumisen pitää olla yhtäjaksoista
Yhtäjaksoinen asuminen tarkoittaa, että

sinulla on ollut jatkuva oleskelulupa 4 vuotta ilman oleskelulupakatkoa eli olet hakenut jatkolupaa ennen kuin edellinen loppuu ja
olet oleskellut Suomessa vähintään 2 vuotta kuluneen 4 vuoden aikana.

Yhtäjaksoinen asuminen ei katkea, jos

sinulla on tavanomaisia lomamatkoja tai muita matkoja ulkomaille tai
jos työskentelet ulkomailla olevassa työkohteessa suomalaisen työnantajan lähettämänä.

According to this, you need to have 4 years worth of continuous residence pemits (i.e. without interupptions between these residence permits), and you have to have resided at least 2 years in Finland during the past 4 years. According to my understanding, it is clear that you would satisfy the conditions for being granted a PR permit.
ImageImage

paharjoyi

Post by paharjoyi » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:09 pm

Received the positive decision:D

browndude

Post by browndude » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:53 pm

paharjoyi wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:09 pm
Good to hear that! I have noticed that the English translations of the Finnish texts on the Migri website can be sometimes be more ambiguous than the Finnish texts.
ImageImage

Aabid

Post by Aabid » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:08 pm

Your eligibility for permanent residency appears promising given your work history and absence of social security benefits during your time in Finland.

agroot

Post by agroot » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:09 pm

paharjoyi wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:09 pm
Congrats! :beer_yum: