Problem with PS4 that I bought on tori.fi (no picture on a TV)

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
msiil

Post by msiil » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:22 am

2 days ago in Vantaa bought a old PS4 with 3 controllers from a seller in Vantaa for 100 euros. Paid in cash.
When I got back home found out that PS4 works, but there is no picture on a TV. Tried different cables, still same problem.
Looks like a broken HDMI port. Console disc drive is working. Asked seller to refund me 40 euros with bank transfer to fix that PS4, first they said they will send me that 40 euros back with bank transfer but later yesterday they did not respond to tori.fi messages any more and today it already shows that they have deleted their tori.fi account.

I have seller address without apartment number and phone number. Only know their first name
What to do now?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

browndude

Re: Problem with PS4 that I bought on tori.fi (no picture on a TV)

Post by browndude » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:50 am

I do not have a direct answer to this. But it seems like this type of transaction is not covered by the kuluttajansuojalaki (consumer protection act). You could try writing to tori.fi or you could file a criminal complaint. It may be that they gave you a fake name and fake address.

https://tuki.tori.fi/hc/fi/articles/202 ... n-kaupassa
Last edited by browndude on Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

msiil

Post by msiil » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:05 pm

yes and looks like to buy anything without testing it first is at your own risk

Stephan1992

Post by Stephan1992 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:32 pm

Maybe the TV and PS¤ do not talk to each other well due to a mismatch in resolutions..

Solution could be simple, check this link:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4 ... ank_Screen

mojo88

Post by mojo88 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:10 pm

get an xbox instead
playstation is garbage

msiil

Post by msiil » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:30 pm

Stephan1992 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:32 pm
Maybe the TV and PS¤ do not talk to each other well due to a mismatch in resolutions..

No it was definitely PS4 FAT HDMI port problem. Anyway I scammed somoene else also and sold it h2h to someone else without testing also. Anyway I am blaming the man who sold it to me for this scam. This is all his fault it happened!

Stephan1992

Post by Stephan1992 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:08 pm

msiil wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:30 pm
Stephan1992 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:32 pm

No it was definitely PS4 FAT HDMI port problem. Anyway I scammed somoene else also and sold it h2h to someone else without testing also. Anyway I am blaming the man who sold it to me for this scam. This is all his fault it happened!

So let me get this right --- pardon me the analogy and playing on the man and not the ball here, but ---->

if person A shoots your wife but, you do not have his address, you will shoot person C his wife and blame it on person A (you are person B)

Seems to me you are even more evil than person A!

You should have taken your loss like a man and sold the thing for parts only, 20e for a controller would already get you 60e back from the 100e, sell the PS for 40e as being broken... for some hobbyist to try and make it work... Probably just needed to be baked in the oven again to fix a cold solder joint of the graphics chip.

You are a mean person! (I say this nicely and polite but would like to use words that are forbidden on this forum).