Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Underscore

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Underscore » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:03 pm

I have noticed that when you submit your application there are three queues one starting at 6xxx, second now a days 9xxx and some applications submitted in recent days have also queue numbers in 8xxx.

The 6xxx looks completely a different a queue which might be for Asylum seekers or so.

But which one is this 8xxx which is quite close to 9xxx.
I have 9xxx and have PR with job.

Anyone have some idea?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

farhad.void

Post by farhad.void » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:29 pm

kunglao wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:51 pm
MCS wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:37 pm

You can check posts by jcsmartin, this user waited 3 weeks in stage 2.
I suspect that the 3 weeks is aninternal deadline because they mentioned in their request for information that they would issue their decision on our case within 3 weeks if we do not respond to they're request, in which case the newborn child would not gain citizenship. My worry is that we have responded, and the officer at Migri said they would ping, and 133xx are now already getting decisions, and my PR application landed in a slow bucket. Maybe the officer forgot to ping and we'll get a decision in 1.5 weeks, or maybe not. It's not a lot of fun to be jumping at every email notification to see if it's Migri. I empathize with people who have been waiting for years, I experienced it during my PR application and hope this won't be the same.
Better you call Migri and tell the situation.

another_one

Post by another_one » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:07 pm

Underscore wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:03 pm
I have noticed that when you submit your application there are three queues one starting at 6xxx, second now a days 9xxx and some applications submitted in recent days have also queue numbers in 8xxx.

The 6xxx looks completely a different a queue which might be for Asylum seekers or so.

Anyone have some idea?
Yes, it is a known thing
viewtopic.php?p=607199#p607199

One queue is for "general" purpose cases like granted on the basis of work, family ties etc.
The second one is very likely for asylum seekers and/or refugees
The third one is either for people without passport or for people who came to Finland as an entrepreneur.

X6InhEswsi7lLAQ

Post by X6InhEswsi7lLAQ » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:48 pm

another_one wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:07 pm
The third one is either for people without passport or for people who came to Finland as an entrepreneur.
fwiw, I applied for the citizenship as an entrepreneur and I am in the general queue

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:55 pm

another_one wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:07 pm
Underscore wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:03 pm

Anyone have some idea?
Yes, it is a known thing
viewtopic.php?p=607199#p607199

One queue is for "general" purpose cases like granted on the basis of work, family ties etc.
The second one is very likely for asylum seekers and/or refugees
I think, the third one which starts with 2000 is for declaration. Not the application but who is eligible to get it through declaration. Very niche group. https://migri.fi/en/citizenship-declaration

just_passing_by

Post by just_passing_by » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:26 am

Uskomaton wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:55 pm
I think, the third one which starts with 2000 is for declaration. Not the application but who is eligible to get it through declaration. Very niche group. https://migri.fi/en/citizenship-declaration
It is likely exactly application, not declaration. Because otherwise total numbers of applications/decisions do not match with https://statistics.migri.fi/

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:51 am

pttrck wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:44 pm
Finally, it's time to share my experience.

A bit about my background, I'm from a Southeast Asian country. I applied as a spouse of a Finn (living together in the same address for >3 years).

2014: came to Finland for bachelor study.
2019: graduated from bachelor degree, change to job seeking visa
2020: got my 1st full-time job, changed to working RP
2022: started my master's study, study and work at the same time
Dec 2022: quitted my job
Feb 2023: got into a paid internship in my field of study
Aug 2023: got into another paid internship in my field of study
Jan 2024: internship contract renews but will expire this summer

During my study, I went to other EU countries for 5+ months (Erasmus) (2017) and 7 months (internship, part of study) (2018). I also visited my home country a few times (1-3 months each), a South American country for 3 months (2019). Besides many shorter trips which last for up to 2 weeks.

Here is a timeline of my application:
19.10.2023 - applied citizenship
27.10.2023 - got diary number
23.04.2024 - application moved to stage 2 (morning)
24.04.2024 - got my decision at 9am

Here's the log of my queue number (diary no: 133XX)
23 Nov - 7,779
15 Dec - 7,424
19 Jan - 6,850
12 Feb - 6,444
22 Mar - 5,740
27 Mar - 5,669
5 Apr - 5,578
12 Apr - 5,470
23 Apr - 5,376

I got a little bit impatient the last 2 weeks but thankfully all goes well. I have been reading nonstop this thread every day and checking out the queue data csv file looking for pattern. But now I can finally breathe a sign of relief!

Thanks everyone for providing a place for the restless minds like me to go to and calm ourselves down. And thanks just_passing_by for his/her/their amazing work with the queue data.
Congratulations!!! 🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊

browndude

Post by browndude » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:56 pm

morishusaku wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:55 am
Hello guys
I am sorry first to write different content from the topic but I am so frustrated with migri so I just want to chat with you guys if possible.
Please don't be angry with me and if you don't like the topic please just ignore. I apologize first, I am sorry.

I got Finnish citizenship 2020, because of corona I was afraid to be fired from work.
I applied Finnish citizenship release 17.July.2023 and waited now almost one year but no decision. I cannot even appeal. Average handling time of release is 6 month.
I am from an Asia country which in the law superficial says dual citizenship is not allowed but in practical unless I don't apply for a release, I will have that citizenship. It is grey zone in the law.

Migri sent me a letter last Decemeber 2023 ask me to specify I still have another citizenship, I sent official documents with apostille and Finnish, English official translation on 2.January.2024. Then Migri doesn't answer me anymore. Whenever I call or visited Malmi office, they just told me to wait.
Once one officer in the window told me that they are using an internal R&D system called Tellus to check my identity in my home country. But still no any progress.

I paid release 690 EUR + oleskelulupa 280 EUR, so almost 1000 EUR to migri but no work has been done. I am just so frustrated.
I am thinking to leave Finland permanently and then cancel that oleskelulupa application this year so it may be helpful to get citizenship release done ?
Are you asking if moving away permanently from Finland will speed up the citizenship release? I doubt that it will. You will just have to wait I think. If possible, you could see if you can speed up the identity confirmation by contacting the authorities in your home country.
Are you from Japan by the way? From what I understand the law there is pretty clear regarding dual-citizenships not being allowed.
ImageImage

curiousVK

Post by curiousVK » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:58 pm

xfromy wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:56 pm
curiousVK wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:38 pm
curiousVK wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:38 pm
Hello, Mine went to "in process" on Friday. Do you know how long it might take?
Applied in the end of October 2023.
Do we know sometimes decisions are made quickly after going in the "In Process" state and sometimes not. Any insights why it takes longer? Mine is in process since last week.
Yes, decision can be granted quickly right after going into processing.
it hasn't happened in my case "In Process" since a week, so sort of concerned at the moment.

curiousVK

Post by curiousVK » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:33 pm

xfromy wrote:
curiousVK wrote:
curiousVK wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:38 pm
Hello, Mine went to "in process" on Friday. Do you know how long it might take?
Applied in the end of October 2023.
Do we know sometimes decisions are made quickly after going in the "In Process" state and sometimes not. Any insights why it takes longer? Mine is in process since last week.
it hasn't happened in my case "In Process" since a week, so sort of concerned at the moment.

kunglao

Post by kunglao » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:58 pm

curiousVK wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:33 pm
xfromy wrote:
curiousVK wrote:

We're in the same boat. The knowledge here seems to be to not panic until 3 weeks have passed since you moved to In Progress.

kunglao

Post by kunglao » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:31 pm

farhad.void wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:29 pm
kunglao wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:51 pm
MCS wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:37 pm

You can check posts by jcsmartin, this user waited 3 weeks in stage 2.
I suspect that the 3 weeks is aninternal deadline because they mentioned in their request for information that they would issue their decision on our case within 3 weeks if we do not respond to they're request, in which case the newborn child would not gain citizenship. My worry is that we have responded, and the officer at Migri said they would ping, and 133xx are now already getting decisions, and my PR application landed in a slow bucket. Maybe the officer forgot to ping and we'll get a decision in 1.5 weeks, or maybe not. It's not a lot of fun to be jumping at every email notification to see if it's Migri. I empathize with people who have been waiting for years, I experienced it during my PR application and hope this won't be the same.
Better you call Migri and tell the situation.
Thanks a lot, I'll call them on upper week Monday if we haven't received a decision by then.

dilema

Post by dilema » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:50 am

morishusaku wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:55 am
Hello guys
I am sorry first to write different content from the topic but I am so frustrated with migri so I just want to chat with you guys if possible.
Please don't be angry with me and if you don't like the topic please just ignore. I apologize first, I am sorry.

I got Finnish citizenship 2020, because of corona I was afraid to be fired from work.
I applied Finnish citizenship release 17.July.2023 and waited now almost one year but no decision. I cannot even appeal. Average handling time of release is 6 month.
I am from an Asia country which in the law superficial says dual citizenship is not allowed but in practical unless I don't apply for a release, I will have that citizenship. It is grey zone in the law.

Migri sent me a letter last Decemeber 2023 ask me to specify I still have another citizenship, I sent official documents with apostille and Finnish, English official translation on 2.January.2024. Then Migri doesn't answer me anymore. Whenever I call or visited Malmi office, they just told me to wait.
Once one officer in the window told me that they are using an internal R&D system called Tellus to check my identity in my home country. But still no any progress.

I paid release 690 EUR + oleskelulupa 280 EUR, so almost 1000 EUR to migri but no work has been done. I am just so frustrated.
I am thinking to leave Finland permanently and then cancel that oleskelulupa application this year so it may be helpful to get citizenship release done ?
If you still have dual citizenship (Finnish and Asian country) and you want to go back to your country and never come back to Finland. Just let it be, throw your Finnish passport away, and continue your life in that country.

Will your country check your status if you have any other citizenship? Even I heard one news that in Indonesia, there was a mistake where a minister was elected but he held dual citizenship. Since people were talking about it, so the minister got busted. It shows that this country did not check his citizenship status beforehand. (https://apnews.com/general-news-interna ... e8c1342eea)

ehab101

Post by ehab101 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:16 pm

Hi, Is it normal to have your queue numbers go down only about 100 numbers in a month (the first month) I applied mid March with queue number 89xx and after more than a month the queue number is 88xx. My diary number is in the 25xx/310/2024 range. Just looking to get any insight as to why has it been so slow or is it just the first month and so. Thanks :)

Anoirsana

Post by Anoirsana » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:53 pm

Hey
I applied at 19.10.2023
the application moved to stage 2 on 23.04.204

and I haven't received the decision yet. but I'm not sure even if it's gonna be positive.
I have been afraid if they process my application so early because I actually I haven't finished the whole 4 years period of residence. I came in 2018 as student with B. I lived 3 years,9 months with permit B and 2 years,1 month with permit A until now. so I still have around 1 month away to finish the whole 4 years. (counting half B and full A)

could they be just waiting that I finish the 4 years to issue me a decision ? I have YKI 4
because I see most people get their decisions straight after it moves to stage 2. but in my case it's still pending.

The reason I applied earlier because I was expecting that the application could be pending for at least 1 year.