Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Auringon_kukka

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Auringon_kukka » Mon May 06, 2024 1:07 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 12:36 pm
A friend of mine who works at Migri, told me that if a citizenship application stays in stage 2 without asking for additional information and the applicant has ( passport, valid residence permit, and his identity is checked ) then the reason for putting the application on hold could be most probably one of these reasons:

1- Migri wants to check the travel history of the applicant based on border guards data. They send a request to the border guards and they wait the response. This process could take several days or weeks. This happens usually when Migri suspects that the applicant didn’t report all his travel history.
2- Migri is waiting another clarification from third party about the applicant ( in most cases something from the applicant’s home country )
Interesting, thanks for sharing!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Mon May 06, 2024 2:59 pm

fingol wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:35 am
I have talked with two different persons, who waited 30 months now and still the first stage... It gets scarier.
Are they refugees or from countires on the list ?etc

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Mon May 06, 2024 8:59 pm

TUserFin wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 2:59 pm
fingol wrote:
I have talked with two different persons, who waited 30 months now and still the first stage... It gets scarier.
As far as I know when it comes to stage 1. there is no difference between refugee citizenship application and ordinary citizenship application.
The difference start from stage 2, refugee applications can be pending for up to 8 months in this stage. because establishing or checking the identity is a complicated process. this is why refugee applications usually take longer.

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Mon May 06, 2024 9:16 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:59 pm
TUserFin wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 2:59 pm
fingol wrote:
As far as I know when it comes to stage 1. there is no difference between refugee citizenship application and ordinary citizenship application.
The difference start from stage 2, refugee applications can be pending for up to 8 months in this stage. because establishing or checking the identity is a complicated process. this is why refugee applications usually take longer.
There are different queues since the start. People who came here with a permit and national passport, in general start around 89XX-9XXX, then there are for refugees starting around 6XXX which takes longer.

Ruskea

Post by Ruskea » Tue May 07, 2024 11:16 pm

I and my wife applied at the end of March. We started with 9xxx and since then the queue number went diwn only by 100. Digging the data just_passing_by publishes, I noticed ppl in the queue with 86xx as initial number are moving much faster, 300 in a month! However ppl in the queue with 9xxx as initial number are moving really slow! Any idea why this is happening?

Aasinkinttu

Post by Aasinkinttu » Wed May 08, 2024 11:08 am

Update/info

Nearly 5 months in my waiting time. Queue hovering between low 6600's and high 6500's. Got a queue of around 8500 in second week of December.

About 1/3 of the way in the progression bar.

Diary in the mid/high 15000's

Application Decision
Submitted
|-------------------|------------------------------------|

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Wed May 08, 2024 12:32 pm

Ruskea wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:16 pm
I and my wife applied at the end of March. We started with 9xxx and since then the queue number went diwn only by 100. Digging the data just_passing_by publishes, I noticed ppl in the queue with 86xx as initial number are moving much faster, 300 in a month! However ppl in the queue with 9xxx as initial number are moving really slow! Any idea why this is happening?
So 8xxx and 9xxx are different queue?

Underscore

Post by Underscore » Wed May 08, 2024 1:08 pm

Ruskea wrote:
That's true, I also applied in the last week of March. I have a co-applicant as well with my application. The queue started at 90xx went to 91xx and now only 9 points down from the initial number when it started. So practically it moved only 9 position. Still at 90xx.

sammyghyft

Post by sammyghyft » Wed May 08, 2024 1:54 pm

Aasinkinttu wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:08 am
I think we applied a week apart. I applied on the 4th of December and went for biometric in Oulu on the 5th of December. And my queue number is about 6500 now. Started at 8500 too.
Update/info

Nearly 5 months in my waiting time. Queue hovering between low 6600's and high 6500's. Got a queue of around 8500 in second week of December.

About 1/3 of the way in the progression bar.

Diary in the mid/high 15000's

Application Decision
Submitted
|-------------------|------------------------------------|

Ruskea

Post by Ruskea » Wed May 08, 2024 4:15 pm

Maaria wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 12:32 pm
Ruskea wrote:
So 8xxx and 9xxx are different queue?
They are. But I don’t know what is the difference though, who ends up in what!

kunglao

Post by kunglao » Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 am

kunglao wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:41 pm
kunglao wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm
curiousVK wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 pm

Hello, any update on your case buddy?
I'm still waiting (In Process stage).
Still no update. Exactly 2 weeks have passed since we moved to In Progress. I'll start panicking after next week Friday 😄
Well, still nothing.
Received an email "The processing of your application is ongoing." Is exactly 4 weeks after moving to In Progress.

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Fri May 10, 2024 3:43 am

kunglao wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 am
kunglao wrote:
kunglao wrote:

Still no update. Exactly 2 weeks have passed since we moved to In Progress. I'll start panicking after next week Friday 😄
Well, still nothing.
Received an email "The processing of your application is ongoing." Is exactly 4 weeks after moving to In Progress.
Those are automated emails triggered by the time. You will continue to receive them in the future until you served with a decision

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Fri May 10, 2024 3:43 am

kunglao wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 am
kunglao wrote:
kunglao wrote:

Well, still nothing.
Those are automated emails triggered by the time. You will continue to receive them in the future until you served with a decision

juhapekkonen

Post by juhapekkonen » Fri May 10, 2024 2:34 pm

The "queue" has only moved 3-5 numbers this week, do you guys confirm? Seems like the wonderful summer break is here already and now nothing will move at all. Waiting since 2022 btw :roll:
Last edited by juhapekkonen on Fri May 10, 2024 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finnfinns

Post by finnfinns » Fri May 10, 2024 9:57 pm

Hi all,

I see that there are lots of rumors about application process and I would like to share what I know from a friend working in Migri.

About my situation: I already get Finnish citizenship this week. Applied end of Oct 2023.

About the process, according to my friend, Migri already starts collecting your information when your application gets dairy number. There is always a similar check-list for each application, and several teams/thrid party (or they call 'consulting agencies') involve in completing the list. The tasks are simply 'to check' all the list. Of course, they have systems to asign tasks and if the data cannot be collected then what next, which team will deal with... Generally they have procedure for that. At the beginning, all things are mostly automated. For example, your personal info will be sent for confirming identity automatically. Of course, they don't confirm your info one by one (in the first step) but in a list of some people having similar background, country... That's why serveral application have similar quere number. When the list is checked all. Then your application will move to stage 2. In stage 2 (in process), it is just about double check. Therefore, some get decisions within 15 minutes. If there are something suspected or wrong, they need to confirm the info again, it might take days, weeks, months... depending on from where they need to get the info again.

Why some application need to be waited too long? This is because there are some problems when getting your info. Mostly, cannot be done by automated process. Then the team need to go through your application and extract the infor 'manually' then send those for confirmation. If this happens, it takes time to process your application since it is manual and you application need to wait to be checked. Sometime, the returned infor is not matched/be wrong with the person in the application. Then, Migri needs to request the info again and again. If your application has some issues, for example, you commit a crime, have fine, kela debt... or something special, ONLY senior/manager can make a decision (and ONLY senior or higher are allowed make a negative decision). Of course, there are not many managers and you need to wait for a longer time. (my application was processed by a junior who have worked for Migri just 4 months according to Linkedln, you can see the title/position of person processing you application when getting the decision also). Besides, some team/people only process application having similar background, e.g., countries because they need to be able to understand the documents, for example, they can read you name in your native language. A team processing Russian app will not process East Asian app. And to be recruited into each team, a staff also need to has related skills/knowledge.

I would like to say that there is no such 'sweet spot'. It is simply about whether Migri is able to collect enough data about you and whether the check-list is completed. You can see from the data in this group that the application can be processed at any queue number. We see that most applications are processed within 6-7 months becauses it is the time they collected enough data for most cases (some even earlier). And that's why asylum seekers might need to wait for a longer time because it is harder to get their identity but I also know some asylum seekers get decisions in 7 months recently. Their info might be easy to get. The queue do not have much meaning. It only play a role when there are many applicattion done the check-list and wait for double check. Then small queue will be processed earlier. Otherwise, and until now, almost applications are moved to stage 2 when the check-list is done (according to my friends). The queue is also meaningful in manual process as I mentioned above.

That's all I know. Hope it helps.