RP Based On Intimate Relationship Advice

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
DaveCW

Post by DaveCW » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:24 pm

Hello Everyone

I have some questions regarding application for RP based on intimate relationship.

My GF and I have been together for little over a year, she is Finnish and I am Australian, I have been flying back and forth every few months and staying for 2 months at a time.

We have decided to apply for residence permit based on intimate relationship but have some questions.

I arrive for another trip on the 27th of February and will be staying for a little over 2 months again, we will be applying from inside the country and my questions are as follows.

1. Will I be allowed to travel back and forth as I have been until a decision on our application is made?

2. Will working abroad affect my residency permit or further extensions? for example (once RP is granted and I am offered a high paying short term contract abroad for say 3 months.)

3. The apartment we live in is owned by her family so there is no rental agreement, can her family member as our daughter "landlord" provide a written statement declaring we live there together as proof of cohabitation.

4. We have hundreds of photos of us and her family together as well ass photos from her trip to Australia but are we required to provide other things such as character references from friends and family ?

These are the questions I have off the top of my head, if I think of any others I will add them in.

Thank You for reading.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: RP Based On Intimate Relationship Advice

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:49 am

DaveCW wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:24 pm
My GF and I have been together for little over a year, she is Finnish and I am Australian, I have been flying back and forth every few months and staying for 2 months at a time.

We have decided to apply for residence permit based on intimate relationship
DaveCW wrote:
2. Will working abroad affect my residency permit or further extensions? for example (once RP is granted and I am offered a high paying short term contract abroad for say 3 months.)
While residing in Finland obviously means all income/inheritances/gifts you receive worldwide must be reported to the Finnish tax office and might be subject to Finnish taxes, your residence permit will not allow you to work while residing in Finland.

Temporarily moving away from Finland for working abroad for a short term is something where you should get expert advice on both the taxation and residence permit consequences.
DaveCW wrote:
3. The apartment we live in is owned by her family so there is no rental agreement, can her family member as our daughter "landlord" provide a written statement declaring we live there together as proof of cohabitation.
The residence permit on other grounds granted for an intimate relationship does not require cohabitation.
DaveCW wrote:
4. We have hundreds of photos of us and her family together as well ass photos from her trip to Australia but are we required to provide other things such as character references from friends and family ?
There are no formal requirements what you should provide, and the plane tickets from your trips prove more than statements from random people.
Last edited by FinlandGirl on Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jane23

Work permit

Post by Jane23 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:40 pm

Hi everyone

I have an A permit for a period of six months which got expired last week but I have applied for an extension, I no longer work with the company that gave me the 6months contract although it was a gig job. I work as a gig worker now in another company but in the contract there is no end date. What do you think will happen to my application as migri are requesting for an additional doc that my employer should fill a terms of agreement form. But my employer said he can’t because it is a zero hours contract and also a gig job. I don’t know what to do or what to reply migri. Please kindly assist.

quillcentaur

Re: RP Based On Intimate Relationship Advice

Post by quillcentaur » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:32 pm

1. Will I be allowed to travel back and forth as I have been until a decision on our application is made?
-As you are from a country who can enter finland visa-free then yes but you will need to follow the usual schengen visa rules. Note that migri sometimes asks for supplementary documents and I think your signature is required so you need to mail that while you're inside Finland.

-migri is only giving the rule about "no work except specific jobs" in finland only. They don't really say anything about working abroad. However when you apply for Extension of rp, not sure how migri will look at it if you stay away from your partner for 3 months, unless the partner is also coming with you. Also you are taxable in and out of finland if you are a resident here. Australia and Finland have a rule against double taxation though so if you are taxed already there, you just have to report it in finland. If finland tax rate is higher, you just pay the difference. If it's lower, you don't pay anything. Vero website is pretty easy to use.

-yes that's the best you can do. My partner and I lived in airbnb and only had that paper to show.

--I only included photos and tickets. Didn't ask for any character reference from friends/family.

Note that Intimate Relationship rp is usually taking long to process. Mine took 8 months (and I felt the only reason they decided already was we told them we got married so they changed my application to Family RP). The marriage was quick in maistraatti btw so this can be an option.

Here is the thread about intimate rp too in case it helps you: viewtopic.php?t=97939&start=60#p606500