Release from Finnish citizenship

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
morishusaku

Post by morishusaku » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:42 pm

Hello ! I applied release from Finnish citizenship 15.July.2023 and after official handling time of 6 month informed in Migri, I still don't have decision yet. I have another citizenship of my home country in asia. I get Finnish citizenship in 2022 with work permits. No criminal record, no unpaid invoices and no unpaid taxes. I applied residential permission at the same time when I apply the release for Finnish citizenship so they will still receive my income tax. I just think this should be easy and quick, I wonder what are they checking and why it take that long. I called migri 4 times during last two weeks and they just say I have to wait. Thank you and I would like to hear your opinions.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

browndude

Re: Release from Finnish citizenship

Post by browndude » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:41 am

I wonder if you have any other unmet obligations in Finland. e.g. military service obligation. Also, it is a bit unusual/suspicious that you got your Finnish citizenship in 2022 and are so quickly applying for release-what is your reason for doing so?
ImageImage

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:02 pm

morishusaku wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:42 pm
Hello ! I applied release from Finnish citizenship 15.July.2023 and after official handling time of 6 month informed in Migri, I still don't have decision yet.
The expected processing time at the Migri website is an estimate, not an "official handling time".

It is not uncommon that actual times might be several months longer or shorter than the Migri estimate.

morishusaku

Post by morishusaku » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:53 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:02 pm
morishusaku wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:42 pm
Hello ! I applied release from Finnish citizenship 15.July.2023 and after official handling time of 6 month informed in Migri, I still don't have decision yet.
The expected processing time at the Migri website is an estimate, not an "official handling time".

It is not uncommon that actual times might be several months longer or shorter than the Migri estimate.
Thank you for the response ! I am just waiting and anxiety grows.

morishusaku

Post by morishusaku » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:56 am

browndude wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:41 am
I wonder if you have any other unmet obligations in Finland. e.g. military service obligation. Also, it is a bit unusual/suspicious that you got your Finnish citizenship in 2022 and are so quickly applying for release-what is your reason for doing so?
Thank you for the response. I wrote it wrong, it was 2020. I have urgent reason because one of my parent passed away suddenly last year and I need to handle the paper work, there are several documents linked to nationality so I have to release from my finnish one to be back to only home country nationality. I do not have military duty since 2020 I am over 30. during past years no letters come to me about military duty.

browndude

Post by browndude » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:32 am

OK, if everything else is clear then I guess it might just be a matter of how slow MIGRI is with these things.
ImageImage