American Incomes

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
technoforrest

American Incomes

Post by technoforrest » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:10 am

Hello All,
My family is planning on moving to Finland next year on a remigration visa. My husband and I will both continue to work for American companies . Does anyone here have any experience with this? Im wondering if we will have trouble getting a mortgage? Looking for advice . Thanks

American Incomes

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: American Incomes

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:35 am

technoforrest wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:10 am
My family is planning on moving to Finland next year on a remigration visa. My husband and I will both continue to work for American companies . Does anyone here have any experience with this?
You should check double taxation rules between your country and Finland, and tell your employers that they have to report all salary payments to the Finnish Incomes Register. https://www.vero.fi/en/incomes-register ... ligations/
technoforrest wrote:
Im wondering if we will have trouble getting a mortgage?
Some mortgage might be possible, but it's unlikely to be as much as with employment in Finland under Finnish rules.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:00 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:35 am
technoforrest wrote:
My family is planning on moving to Finland next year on a remigration visa. My husband and I will both continue to work for American companies . Does anyone here have any experience with this?
You should check double taxation rules between your country and Finland, and tell your employers that they have to report all salary payments to the Finnish Incomes Register. https://www.vero.fi/en/incomes-register ... ligations/
It’s also possible to become an entrepreneur and invoice the American company to shift the burden of Finnish bureaucracy away from them.
FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:35 am
technoforrest wrote:
Im wondering if we will have trouble getting a mortgage?
Some mortgage might be possible, but it's unlikely to be as much as with employment in Finland under Finnish rules.
With the positive credit register coming online and integrating with the incomes register banks will mostly just trust the information there so it shouldn’t really matter whether the payer is domestic or foreign.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:01 am

technoforrest wrote:
Does anyone here have any experience with this? Im wondering if we will have trouble getting a mortgage?
Finnish banks usually want you to have been a resident for a couple years before they will approve a mortgage.

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:10 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:01 am
technoforrest wrote:
Does anyone here have any experience with this? Im wondering if we will have trouble getting a mortgage?
Finnish banks usually want you to have been a resident for a couple years before they will approve a mortgage.
That is not true. Im from xUSSR country and got mortgage after 6 mobths living here. Not sure if any legistlation changed though but if job is stable Finnish Banks do not have issues

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:11 pm

technoforrest wrote:
Hello All,
My family is planning on moving to Finland next year on a remigration visa. My husband and I will both continue to work for American companies . Does anyone here have any experience with this? Im wondering if we will have trouble getting a mortgage? Looking for advice . Thanks

Pls read this one it is official
https://www.infofinland.fi/en/housing/buying-a-home

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:10 pm

TUserFin wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:10 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:01 am
technoforrest wrote:
That is not true. Im from xUSSR country and got mortgage after 6 mobths living here. Not sure if any legistlation changed though but if job is stable Finnish Banks do not have issues
Banks make their own rules in regard to the details of credit rating their customers. I don't have recent anecdotes so they could have changed and "usually" was a reference to the fact that individual factors are in play. If the credit risk is low, they might be willing to accept shorter residency.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:27 pm

bizarrely if you have money in the bank and don't need a mortgage then things can take longer. I bought a house without needing a mortgage (or existing house to sell) and it took months longer because I had to prove where the money came from (the concept that you might earn more than you spend and have "savings" is obviously a new concept to some banks).

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:14 pm

riku2 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:27 pm
bizarrely if you have money in the bank and don't need a mortgage then things can take longer. I bought a house without needing a mortgage (or existing house to sell) and it took months longer because I had to prove where the money came from (the concept that you might earn more than you spend and have "savings" is obviously a new concept to some banks).
You can't blame the banks for EU money laundering rules.

Rankin

Post by Rankin » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:27 pm

You don't need to get foreign employer to use income register.
My employer doesn't, I just declare foreign income in my tax card.

Nordea also offered me a bank loan after being here for about half a year.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:59 am

Rankin wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:27 pm
If an employer doesn’t use the incomes register, a tax card is irrelevant so this doesn’t make sense. Do you mean tax return?

Rankin

Post by Rankin » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:14 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:59 am
Rankin wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:27 pm
If an employer doesn’t use the incomes register, a tax card is irrelevant so this doesn’t make sense. Do you mean tax return?
Foreign income is usually handled through tax prepayment.

Order your tax card, go to the page other income and scroll down and press "show more". Select the "Other income subject to prepayments" and add the income on section Wages subject to prepayments, for which health care contribution and daily allowance contribution is imposed or Wages subject to prepayments, for which no health care contribution or daily allowance contribution is imposed.