op bank owner-customer service ?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
kelly1992

Post by kelly1992 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:02 pm

hi

does anyone know op bank owner-customer service ?

basically you pay 100euro for become owner ? and bank give you discount for fee..

is this same as Sbanks s bouns concept ??? I still not really getting it...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

riku2

Re: op bank owner-customer service ?

Post by riku2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:34 pm

yes it is similar to the s chain concept. It dates from the time when they were genuinely owned by their customers and the customers effectively bought shares in the company (I think a long time ago this was how you got a phone line, you bought a share in the phone company).

At least with OP they will refund the fee if you cancel your membership, so if you can make use of the benefits then it's probably worth lending them the 100e
When joining us, you will pay an ordinary cooperative contribution as a one-time contribution, no other payments exist. In most banks, the amount of the membership cooperative contribution is 100 euros.

If ever you decide to stop being an owner-customer, your membership contribution will be refunded to you in full.
I think the "most banks" probably refers to the regional nature of OP bank, which is similar to s chain, in that when you become a member of S chain you're actually joining the part of the S chain where you live (eg in Helsinki you actually join HOK). With S chain this has the strange behaviour that the offers in the S app are different depending on where you live (which S region you are a member of) even though they totally hide this behind a single S mobiili app.