Customs declaration for unknown package

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ajdias

Post by ajdias » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:44 pm

Hi, about one month ago I got a text from posti that I had a package coming my way from outside the EU. The package was shipped last friday and yesterday I got information that is waiting for customs clearance. My problem is that I have no idea what this may be, who ordered it or even if this is for me (it's addressed to my home, though).
All I have is the information that the sender is a marketing logistics company (perhaps a corporate gift?) and that it's a ½ kilo package. The messages from posti seem legit and I see it also in my posti app.
I've asked people who have sent me packages before or I may have had dealings in the past, and they don't know a thing about it. I am an EU citizen and, other than Canary islands, I haven't been recently anywhere where I would have to declare customs.

Has anyone had something similar happen to them in the past? I'm wondering what to declare or even if I should at all?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Customs declaration for unknown package

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:41 pm

ajdias wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:44 pm
Hi, about one month ago I got a text from posti that I had a package coming my way from outside the EU. The package was shipped last friday and yesterday I got information that is waiting for customs clearance. My problem is that I have no idea what this may be, who ordered it or even if this is for me (it's addressed to my home, though).
All I have is the information that the sender is a marketing logistics company (perhaps a corporate gift?) and that it's a ½ kilo package. The messages from posti seem legit and I see it also in my posti app.
I've asked people who have sent me packages before or I may have had dealings in the past, and they don't know a thing about it. I am an EU citizen and, other than Canary islands, I haven't been recently anywhere where I would have to declare customs.

Has anyone had something similar happen to them in the past? I'm wondering what to declare or even if I should at all?
If you are not particularly bothered about receiving it, just skip declaring it and it will be returned to sender. Otherwise I would try to contact the sender on file to get the required information.

ajdias

Re: Customs declaration for unknown package

Post by ajdias » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:34 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:41 pm
If you are not particularly bothered about receiving it, just skip declaring it and it will be returned to sender. Otherwise I would try to contact the sender on file to get the required information.
Thanks, yes I am waiting for them to reply.
Perhaps I am a bit paranoid, but it crossed my mind that this could be some sort of scam :roll: