YKI Passed One Module and Can I apply for Finnish Citizenship?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
elama88

Post by elama88 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:50 am

Hi,

I have passed YKI in one module READING, can I apply already now with this result for Finnish citizenship? By the time application is in queue, I am going to take part YKI and pass the Speaking module as soon as I can. Is it even a logical approach ? Or I should wait for passing YKI requirement and apply for citizenship. Please note that i have met all the other criteria for citizenship.

Best regards,

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: YKI Passed One Module and Can I apply for Finnish Citizenship?

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:40 am

elama88 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:50 am
I have passed YKI in one module READING, can I apply already now with this result for Finnish citizenship? By the time application is in queue, I am going to take part YKI and pass the Speaking module as soon as I can. Is it even a logical approach ? Or I should wait for passing YKI requirement and apply for citizenship. Please note that i have met all the other criteria for citizenship.
Applying prematurely risks getting a negative decision and having to pay the application fees again.

NansDrivel

Post by NansDrivel » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:33 am

You have to pass 2 out of 4 modules. But your first module never expires, so you just need to pass one more.

browndude

Post by browndude » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:23 am

elama88 wrote:
Hi,

Best regards,
I personally would wait till you pass the YKI. As NansDrivel said, you just need to pass the speaking portion to get the acceptable combo.
ImageImage

quillcentaur

Post by quillcentaur » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:05 pm

elama88 wrote:
Hi,

I have passed YKI in one module READING, can I apply already now with this result for Finnish citizenship?
Migri says no you should not apply yet.

Number 7 here: https://migri.fi/en/faq-finnish-citizenship#period

"It is not advisable to submit a citizenship application before you meet the requirements and have obtained all the required attachments. You must attach a certificate of your language proficiency to your application to prove that you meet the language skills requirement. If you submit a citizenship application but do not meet the requirements or an obligatory attachment is missing, it will delay the processing of the application and may result in a negative decision."

You also never know when is migri going to look at your application. We only know people get decision at 6months +, which is the decision itself. Migri can start processing very early during investigation/processing, which could happen even within a day. No one knows.