Automated decision experience for Citizenship applications

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Tue May 07, 2024 4:49 pm

Hello everyone,

Since 2 May, automated decision is available for Citizenship applications which fulfil the criteria shared on https://migri.fi/en/implementation-deci ... itizenship

Is there anyone yet, who has gotten the citizenship application decision right after the submission on enterfinland.fi ?

Let's use this topic to exchange information and share experience.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

jonathan_09

Re: Automated decision experience for Citizenship applications

Post by jonathan_09 » Tue May 07, 2024 5:36 pm

I know two persons who applied after 2 May. my workmate and my brother's friend.
My brother's friend received an automated decision today's morning. He said the decision came in less than 3min after submission.
He is Albanian by passport and have been living in Finland for 6 years. But my workmate (Ghanian by passport) applied on Friday (3 May) evening. and haven't received the decision yet. She came as a student and living here for 8 years including 5 years (B).

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Tue May 07, 2024 5:48 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:36 pm
I know two persons who applied after 2 May. my workmate and my brother's friend.
My brother's friend received an automated decision today's morning. He said the decision came in less than 3min after submission.
He is Albanian by passport and have been living in Finland for 6 years. But my workmate (Ghanian by passport) applied on Friday (3 May) evening. and haven't received the decision yet. She came as a student and living here for 8 years including 5 years (B).
Amazing! Thanks for sharing

Aasinkinttu

Post by Aasinkinttu » Wed May 08, 2024 10:44 am

jonathan_09 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:36 pm
This is VERY interesting..

Cannot imagine how 3min decision after submission is possible, considering how long many are waiting. That automation sounds either really good or really bad 😅

Just want to clarify: the DECISION came after 3min not the PROCESSING stage after 3min. (?)

Very curious to hear other experiences.
Thanks for sharing!

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed May 08, 2024 1:37 pm

Aasinkinttu wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:44 am
Cannot imagine how 3min decision after submission is possible, considering how long many are waiting. That automation sounds either really good or really bad 😅

Just want to clarify: the DECISION came after 3min not the PROCESSING stage after 3min. (?)
It is about the decision.

Migri now grants citizenship automatically within minutes in the clear cases where all steps a human would do can be done automatically.

A human checking is still needed if there is for example a child included in the application or when there is some minor criminal offence.

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Wed May 08, 2024 1:39 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:37 pm
Aasinkinttu wrote:

Migri now grants citizenship automatically within minutes in the clear cases where all steps a human would do can be done automatically.

A human checking is still needed if there is for example a child included in the application or when there is some minor criminal offence.
By any chance, are you working for Migri? Your statements sound to be very precise and certain. You don’t have to disclose as well if the organisational policy does not allow. But, thank you.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu May 09, 2024 10:51 am

Uskomaton wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:39 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:37 pm
Aasinkinttu wrote:

By any chance, are you working for Migri? Your statements sound to be very precise and certain. You don’t have to disclose as well if the organisational policy does not allow. But, thank you.
How automated decisions are made is publicly documented so no insider knowledge is required.

https://migri.fi/en/implementation-deci ... itizenship

riku2

Post by riku2 » Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 am

Aasinkinttu wrote:
I think the people who applied in the last week of April will see it as more than "really bad". If they applied a few days later they might get a decision in 3 minutes, instead they will have to wait six months or more.

I don't understand why the algorithm can't be applied to existing applications. It would drastically cut down the manual processing needed which would surely save a lot of money.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu May 09, 2024 1:55 pm

riku2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 am
Aasinkinttu wrote:
I think the people who applied in the last week of April will see it as more than "really bad". If they applied a few days later they might get a decision in 3 minutes, instead they will have to wait six months or more.

I don't understand why the algorithm can't be applied to existing applications. It would drastically cut down the manual processing needed which would surely save a lot of money.
I speculate that at the time of application Migri’s privacy policy said that no automated decision making will be used. It was probably deemed to be more effort to have a one time project for people in the queue than processing them manually.