moving to Finland next year

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Xochiquetzal

Post by Xochiquetzal » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:18 am

Hank W. wrote:Now I know the Finnish Man™ is a primitive troglodyte, but I've never seen such an elaborate a natural habitat made to house one. :lol:
Don't knock it - it works! The specimen I captured is quite content in its new domesticated environment.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:51 pm

TopDog wrote: Looks like I'll be getting a motorcycle license so watchout!
Did you check what the insurance costs :roll:
Last edited by Hank W. on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

TopDog

Post by TopDog » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:17 am

No worries Hank....I wont be driving anything in Finland anytime soon and, despite popular belief, some of us actually DO research things like costs of auto insurance etc etc but thanks for the heads up.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:28 am

I'm just paying out of my a*** for a 198cc for 4 months... I had 3 cars and that is one 3 cars more...
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

TopDog

Post by TopDog » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:14 am

mumboman wrote:I moved a couple of weeks ago Top Dog and did the same thing you are considering. It was much cheaper and when it all came down to it much more convenient to sell everything before I moved. Still have a couple vehicles for sale at home but they'll sell eventually. A small apt in the US or Canada is a large apt. in Finland. I came over with a couple of suitcases a bike and a couple of cats. Depending on what your looking for in a vehicle you'll also find some models are much cheaper here if you don't mind a few km on the guage. for example a 90 BMW 3 series will run you a couple thousand euro, I know in Canada the same care will run about 12000 CDN. You'll also find you won't drive near as much when you arrive. Biking, Walking and public transit are just as convenient and with gas probably double what your paying in the U.S. your more than likely to hop on your bike or walk to most destinations.

Hey Mumbo! I'm getting ready to fill out my residency request froms and had a few questions you might be able to help with? I'm heading over from the USA and had some questions about procedure/documents. Were you in the US or Canada?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry & has been widely regarded as a bad move.