M and Ms day out for next week

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Hunaja

Post by Hunaja » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:37 pm

Hi there,
Lots of people are joining and that´s good. I can bring the drinks (light wine, juice...for the moms).

My 3 friends are coming to the island that day too but they will visit around on their own while we got the pique-nique.
But at least we´ll get some extra hands to help with prams and kids on the boat.

See you at the harbor, next thursday, 12h.
Hunaja and the frog

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:05 pm

Hi,

So as I understand we are all meeting at 12.00 at the harbour? Do we bring something? If so what is needed?

I'll probably be easily recognizable. I guess there's no much twins around :D

It would be nice for us who are just joining you to get to know you a bit before the meeting. Should we do a short presentation?

I start : My name is Amandine, I'm 26, mum of Elea and Kiara who are 3. I'm French but my hubby is Finnish. We've been living in Finland for 2 years now. I'm studying Nursing (starting my 3rd year in September).

So what about you?

M&P

Post by M&P » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:53 am

Hello girls,

I'll be joining you on thursday. I'll bring a small portable BBQ. Please bring your own piece of BBQ-meat, sausages etc., these are a bit difficult and expensive to be provided by one person. I'll also bring some bread and brie-cheese. Nice to meet you, Amandine! Your little girls will have many younger baby-girls to play with (90% of the babies on M&Ms group are girls for some reason :? ).

For presentation: I'm mother of now 9 months old girl, 27 years, Finnish and doing phD on biosciences (not actually doing anything for it at the moment... :D ).

See you by the ferry!

ps. is anyone interested in traditional finnish children's songs? I have some records I listened when I was young and like to play them to P now. Likewise, if you can recommend something from your home country, I'd like to hear.

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:56 am

If you're intersted I have a cd of French children nursery songs. I can make you a copy (providing I find the cd! :lol: )

paulaeire

Post by paulaeire » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:58 pm

Hey there,
I would love to join your pic nic on thurs.I am a 23yr mother from Ireland, my daughter is 3months and my bf is finnish,
Can anyone join your group? If so should i bring plates an cutlery, I can make some stuffed mushroom too. :D
paula

scoobymcdoo

Post by scoobymcdoo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:25 pm

Hi All

Paula- please join us- you are more than welcome! Where in Espoo do you live? How long have you been in Finland?

I think we all need to bring a plate, a cup and some cutlery. M&P is supplying a BBQ but you'll need to bring your own bit of dead animal or stuffed intestine to cook on it!

See you at 12pm by the ferry!

Hannah and Sophie- now back from everywhere!

M&P

Post by M&P » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:05 pm

Hi amandine and others,

Greetings from Hietaniemi beach, it was nice, hot and packed! P was excited watching sea, people and other kids and playing with sand. Hope she won't have stomach problems tomorrow... 8)
As for music, sure I'd be interested in french songs!

"Bit of dead animal and stuffed intestine" sounds nice... :D The BBQ is quite small so small bits and intestines are preferred...
All food is wellcome, since we moms have to fit our swimsuits (bought for last summer... :wink: ) Hopefully somebody brings something sweet? And yes, it would be best that everyone brings her own plates etc.

Yky

Post by Yky » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:47 pm

Hi,everybody!

Lots of moms and babys can join Thursday's picnic!! That's very goooood! :D I'll join with a friend and bring our own BBQ stuff and plates. We will bring Jananese food and try to think about some sweet.(sweet won't be Japanese one though)

Amandine,U, paula and Marianne, welcome to join the picnin! I really look forward to seeing you all :D I'm Japanese and mom of nearly 1year girl. Unfortunately I'm leaving Finland in the begining of July :( The picnic is for our leaving party. But it's very good chance to have picnic and to join lots of moms and babys!

The weather seems very nice on Thu :D

See you all on Thu at ferry!

PS; Well done for Hannah!! congraturation!

Hunaja

Post by Hunaja » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:43 pm

Hi there,
About 10/13 people tomorrow. Froggy and I will bring the drinks and glasses for the moms. I´ll get some help to carry the stuff don´t worry.

By the way, I am french, 31, and Froggy is now 9 months old.

See you all tomorrow and don´t forget to take a little jacket with you, it should be a bit fresher on the boat.

Hunaja

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:38 pm

Hunaja wrote:Hi there,
About 10/13 people tomorrow. Froggy and I will bring the drinks and glasses for the moms. I´ll get some help to carry the stuff don´t worry.

By the way, I am french, 31, and Froggy is now 9 months old.

See you all tomorrow and don´t forget to take a little jacket with you, it should be a bit fresher on the boat.

Hunaja
Aw another French mum, nice!

happymum

Post by happymum » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:26 pm

it will be nice to see u all 2morro.
Always Love, Happymum 2 Wendy, Williams & Whitney

esmommy

late arrival

Post by esmommy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:41 pm

Hi,
We won't make it until closer until 2.
Where on the island are you aiming for?
The grassy bowl near the cafe is always nice...
esmommy

scoobymcdoo

Post by scoobymcdoo » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:25 pm

Weather for tomorrow looks good according to http://www.fmi.fi
It wont be as hot as today but around 19 degrees- lovely!

See you tomorrow

Hannah

PS I have pudding!

PPS Amandine- I am Hannah, I am English, the other half is Scottish and he doesn't work for Nokia! I have Sophie who is now 15 months.

scoobymcdoo

Post by scoobymcdoo » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:28 am

Weather looks good- see you there later!

H

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:51 pm

Hi everybody,

Just thought I would write a little message saying thanks for the great day out. Elea and Kiara have told everything to their dad :) They are singing "the tissue song" all the time. My face is beetroot red right now, my arms are a lighter shade :lol: I hope everybody went home safely, especially Paula (I hope you didn't have to wait too long). My girls fell asleep within 5 minutes after being in bed, nice :D