M and Ms day out for next week

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Yky

Post by Yky » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:54 pm

We couldn't go to suomenlinna last week :cry:

Let's plan suomennlinna picnic again for next week!! I am available any day except monday. Which day is available for everybody???

If it unfortunately is rain again, let's have a aparty at my place. This time plan B is home party.

It's getting warm at last so it should be very nice picnic!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hunaja

Post by Hunaja » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:18 am

Hi Yki,
For the day at Suomenlinna, I am available : next tuesday, wednesday and thursday. I may come with some friends too (sure answer to add them to the picnic : on monday).

Have a great day,
Hunaja
PS : We don´t come to Stockman´s meeting tomorrow (thu 08.)

M&P

Post by M&P » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:03 am

Hi!

For me (Mon), Tue, Thu, (Fri) next week are fine for picnic. So Tuesday or Thursday?
I won't be joining this weeks M&Ms either.
See you next week!

ps. Hannah, if you're reading this on wednesday, please tell if your found some especially nice baby shops in Tallinn..? I'm going there tomorrow :)

micky

Post by micky » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:38 am

Basically next week is ok by me. Monday is not great, my parents are coming from Italy in the evening, but any other day is ok.Good idea to have a plan B like Yki suggested coz the weather seems a little temperamental lately.

By the way, I'm available to meet tomorrow. Is anyone else coming, and if so, where shall we meet? Stockmann?
micky

scoobymcdoo

Post by scoobymcdoo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:45 am

I dont think I can meet tomorrow- Sophie is exhausted and just a day of normality before we go to London on Friday would be great for her. She has had 2 nights in Stockholm, a day in Helsinki, a day in Tallinn and today she'll be taking my brother sight seeing again!

We both need to recover!

Any day apart from Monday will be good for us next week

Hannah

micky

Post by micky » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:14 am

Hi again Yki!

just checked my parents arrival time and its pretty late in the evening, so perhaps of all the common choices thursday would be best for me However wed also possible.

Busy Sophie, already a tour guide at her young age!! Good idea to have a quiet day in between.

So see you guys next week!!
micky

Yky

Post by Yky » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:28 pm

Hi,

Okay. Let's have a picnic on Thursday and meet up at the port at 12pm! We should check wether forecast in the morning and take tha plan again. I hope next Thu is good wether anyway.

Bring something food, drink or sweet. I'll bring my friend if possible. I'll notice the number of friends next week.

We welcome to others join our picnic! Just reply this topic.

I cannot join tomorrow's meeting too. See you all soon.

Have a good rest, Sophie!! Enjoy the weekend :D

Ps; H likes pulling toilet paper nowadays... :cry:

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:04 am

Hi,

I might be interested in joining your picnic group. I have two daughters aged 3. They speak French and Finnish but are used to hear English as this is the language we're using at home with my husband. What do you do in Stockman on thrusdays if I may ask?

micky

Post by micky » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:30 am

We usually meet up, have lunch or coffee (or rather cake...) and chat about ourselves, our experience as mums, our kids and their adventures. We are from all sorts of nationalities, including finnish . I believe there are still some pregnant mums-to-be joining as well. Not sure, coz I missed out quite a few meetings in the last few months (my daughter is 4 and half months).We started meeting when some of us were still pregnant, so we kind of supported one another through pregnancy-related doubts, worries and so far. New 'members' are always welcome (we are after records as to length of tables we occupy... )

We speak english together, our own language (if not english) to our kids (and to the other kids, hello confusion... ). This weeks's meeting is not really happening though, I believe most people are busy. Some people are away for the summer, but the rest of us will still be meeting during the hot (??) season. We met in Stockmann during the winter, but tend to tour bars over the summer. Next week is a special picnic outing coz our friend Yki and lovely M :star: are leaving Finland soon, alas :cry:
micky

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:26 am

Thanks for the details :D The picnic sounds lovely as well. It would be nice for my daughters to see other children as we are not going to France this summer. It'll be also a nice way for them to hear more English (and with better accents!) than Mummy and Daddy.

scoobymcdoo

Post by scoobymcdoo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:07 am

PLease join us for the picnic, Amandine.

See you all next Thursday

Hannah

micky

Post by micky » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:28 am

:oops:

sustitute little H for little M . Long embarrassing story...
micky

Yky

Post by Yky » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:08 pm

Never mind micky :D

We don't mind. I know unfamiliar name is difficult to catch and pronounce!

Y&H

Wheely

Your next meeting

Post by Wheely » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:34 am

Hi,

Is there a meeting this week for international moms - I would love to join you.

Marianne

U

Post by U » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:32 am

Hi Mom & Moms, haven't seen you for a long long time. Have been really busy with my new home renovation project. I will be very happy to join you for the picnic on Thursday if the weather is good. Looking forward to see you all.

By the way, Micky, I've PM you last week, have you received it? Congratulations to your new born baby (4 months old?).