Play-schools/day care + medical assistance

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Tamanna Jindal

Post by Tamanna Jindal » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:03 am

I might have to take up an assignment in Finland (Espoo) for 6 months. So will move there along my 1.5yr son. Need some pointer for day-care, where English is main language. Preferrably some place where we can find more Indians.
Want to know how Indian working couples manage there... also how is medical assistance for foreigners in Finland/Espoo

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

kb2000

Post by kb2000 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:36 pm

Hi,

Check here for the private day-care in Espoo area.

http://english.espoo.fi/default.asp?pat ... 6846,36850

There are lot of indians in Helsinki and Espoo area. I hope you are going to work in Espoo then you would like to have yr home there. Helsinki is abt 20+km from Espoo, there are good train and bus connections to helsinki.

Working couples with kids manage by leaving their kid to the day-care.

Medical assistance are available by appointment and it may take couple of days or more to get appointment in the government health centres in the capital area. If emergency you can ask them on the same day. Also there are some private health clinics but expensive. In the weekends and holidays you have to rush to the hospital in case of emergencies.

I hope that you know the winter here, if you are coming here to stay in the winter season. Have enough clothings for you and your family.

W. Rgds