german Airports - entry/exit stamps - 3rd country nationals

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Pondering Jack

Post by Pondering Jack » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:18 pm

for the past three times that I have flown through the german airports (frankfurt and münich), they have not stamped my passport with the entry/exit stamp, while they have done in it helsinki. i ask them about it and they say you live in Finland with permanent permit so there is no need. have others had the same expirience. thanks.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

astrolite

Post by astrolite » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:11 pm

Hi there,

yes, I've got the same experience too whenever I fly out from Amsterdam airport. I'm not sure why, actually. But the reasoning given for not stamping your passport if you are a permanent resident of an EU country could also be valid. For example, as a Singapore citizen, whenever I leave and enter the country, my passport does not get stamped. So it could be that the German and Dutch immigration authorities are treating EU permanent residents the same way as EU citizens. As for the Finnish authorities, it might be so that they want to stamp the passport to keep track of when you leave and enter the Schengen area for some reason.

Malla

Post by Malla » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:52 am

For they love to relive preschool and stamp things. :P

prem

Post by prem » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:29 pm

I came from India via Frankfurt and i have not got stamped anywhere. They don't stamp if we have valid wrok permit? any idea?

Thanks

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:45 pm

prem wrote:I came from India via Frankfurt and i have not got stamped anywhere. They don't stamp if we have valid wrok permit? any idea? Thanks
Generally, they stamp you at Frankfurt!!! But sometime not!!!
It really doesnt matter..Once they scan your passport in Frankfurt, you re already scanned into the sytem!!!
Rest of the tracking and distribution of information is automagically done by the system!! :idea: