hey nepalese students there in finland

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
santoshkhatri

Post by santoshkhatri » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:57 pm

hello to all, anyone nepalese out there in finland in hameenlinna, valkeakoski, then please provide me with the information about the place and scopes and oppertunities

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:02 pm

Well, "greenhorn" is from northern India, but then again he is in Hämeenlinna...

What are you looking as "opportunity?" Small village.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Zeroth

Post by Zeroth » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:28 pm

Like Hanks tells everybody else, there are always trees to be counted in nowheremäki if you are up for that..

sudeepbhushan

Re: hey nepalese students there in finland

Post by sudeepbhushan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:48 am

hello santosh ji,

I am here in Turku. Please give me your email id. We should be in touch. I am studying BIT in Turku University of Applied Sciences. rest is fine.

sudeep aryal, turku

santoshkhatri wrote:hello to all, anyone nepalese out there in finland in hameenlinna, valkeakoski, then please provide me with the information about the place and scopes and oppertunities

Meri-Tuuli

Post by Meri-Tuuli » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:19 pm

There's someone on my course here in Turku who's Nepalese.

He's having some trouble at the moment because you need 6000 euros in your bank account to get a residence permit .....apparently the money is in Germany and won't be coming here for another 2-3 months....I personally, don't know the details! I haven't actually met him yet, just seen the back of his head in lectures!

suranjan

Post by suranjan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:42 am

do any one studying Master in public health at Kupio University? I also wanted to do same for coming jan session 2008. Do IELTS is required for master prog. for internal. stud.?

I couldn't find the application form for 2008 session for international stud. even in website. If anyone get help then plz. reply me or personal e-mail add: [email protected]

thank you.

bhojraj

Re: hey nepalese students there in finland

Post by bhojraj » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 am

Hello sudeep Ji,

I am from Nepal and looking for Universities for Master Degree in IT.
You are also student of IT in finland . Hope you will help to find best
university for academic year 2008.

If u don't mind then plz inform ur email id for communication.

Regards,
Bhoj Raj bhatt
[email protected]

sudeepbhushan wrote:hello santosh ji,

I am here in Turku. Please give me your email id. We should be in touch. I am studying BIT in Turku University of Applied Sciences. rest is fine.

sudeep aryal, turku

santoshkhatri wrote:hello to all, anyone nepalese out there in finland in hameenlinna, valkeakoski, then please provide me with the information about the place and scopes and oppertunities

santoshkhatri

Ok.

Post by santoshkhatri » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:39 pm

Dear sudeep bhusan,

How about creating a web page separate for nepalese students.

There are a lot of queries about studying in Finland..
Last edited by santoshkhatri on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Juha H.

Post by Juha H. » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:56 pm

I would have imagined Nepalese people are almost non-existent here, but tho or three years ago a second cousin of mine from Ithaca in NY visited me and she had two Nepalese adopted children! The children visited me, too.

santoshkhatri

I bet you know now

Post by santoshkhatri » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:40 pm

Hmm...not an exception if any finnish doesn't know about Nepal and nepalese (coz most of them don't, sorry) :D but now I bet you know that at least there are nepalese. Thanks for both adopter and adopted, you knew about nepal and I hope that their visit was quite pleasant.

moikka!
Juha H. wrote:I would have imagined Nepalese people are almost non-existent here, but tho or three years ago a second cousin of mine from Ithaca in NY visited me and she had two Nepalese adopted children! The children visited me, too.
:D

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Re: I bet you know now

Post by Hank W. » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:44 pm

santoshkhatri wrote:Hmm...not an exception if any finnish doesn't know about Nepal and nepalese (coz most of them don't, sorry)
Well, yes, see now we're limited in the resources. We don't have a mad prince killing the king, no maoist rebels, no mountains people come to visit, and nobody offers a goat to get the airplane fixed... so what do the people in Nepal know about Finland? The multitude of Finnish restaurants in Kathmandu? ;)
Cheers, Hank W.

santoshkhatri

Hm??

Post by santoshkhatri » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:52 pm

Hm..

Of course, it is. There are always and everywhere some obligations for an international student. And one has to abide by good laws of the country he's been living in.
Personally I didn't face that kind of problem but 6000 euros is almost six hundred thousand in my country, quite big money. Int'l students can easily be in trouble at the end of the academic year.
But I hope, that man, whose only back head you saw during lectures, must be doing fine now.. :D

San

[quote="Meri-Tuuli"]There's someone on my course here in Turku who's Nepalese.

He's having some trouble at the moment because you need 6000 euros in your bank account to get a residence permit .....apparently the money is in Germany and won't be coming here for another 2-3 months....I personally, don't know the details! I haven't actually met him yet, just seen the back of his head in lectures![/img][/list]

santoshkhatri

Post by santoshkhatri » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:19 pm

Hank W. wrote:. We don't have a mad prince killing the king, no maoist rebels, no mountains people come to visit, and nobody offers a goat to get the airplane fixed... so what do the people in Nepal know about Finland? The multitude of Finnish restaurants in Kathmandu? ;)

santoshkhatri

Post by santoshkhatri » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Hm... thanks to you to be the first to know so much about Nepal. You are lucky enough to be a citizen of a country where there never fought any wars. It's always good to feel to be a citizen of ever independent and crime free country (one who broke into one of my fren's car in Hämeenlinna and stole things, you might say him as a well civilized finnish gentleman). Now I guess people in Nepal know only about you and the sum of money that finnish governement spends in Nepal.
By the way thanks for letting all others know who we are..... :wink:
Hank W. wrote: We don't have a mad prince killing the king, no maoist rebels, no mountains people come to visit, and nobody offers a goat to get the airplane fixed... so what do the people in Nepal know about Finland? The multitude of Finnish restaurants in Kathmandu? ;)

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:54 pm

Well, as I always say it is *good* to be some obscure place at the edge of the world and *not* in the news... ;)

And Nepal is always every schoolchildren's geography favorite because of the flag.
Cheers, Hank W.