Today's Location Shoot: Villa Rullud in Espoo

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Xochiquetzal

Post by Xochiquetzal » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:02 pm

thanks for looking!
Last edited by Xochiquetzal on Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:52 am

Is that the place that does a buffet lunch in the summer for about 8€ ? I've been there a couple of times, there's a huge area outdoors where you can have your lunch in the sun and where the kids can play. And a lovely "winter garden" indoors with fantastic glass windows, very pretty. Lunch was good too. It is closed in winter but can be rented for private occasions like weddings and corporate meals etc

Xochiquetzal

Post by Xochiquetzal » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:06 pm

penelope wrote:Is that the place that does a buffet lunch in the summer for about 8€ ? I've been there a couple of times, there's a huge area outdoors where you can have your lunch in the sun and where the kids can play. And a lovely "winter garden" indoors with fantastic glass windows, very pretty. Lunch was good too. It is closed in winter but can be rented for private occasions like weddings and corporate meals etc
I don't think so. This is pretty much a large empty reception/party building. I think you are thinking of a Villa in the Haukilahti harbor (Matinkyla area - the name escapes me) that is privately owned. Villa Rullud is a huvila museum owned by the City of Espoo and only open a few hours in the morning for viewing some exhibits on huvila life. There's nothing inside but tables and chairs for wedding recpeptions and stuff. If I'm wrong, let me know - that place sounds interesting :)

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:21 pm

We are both wrong. The one I am thinking of is actually in Nuottaniemi. I went there this summer. I'll check the name/address and let you know where it is. I have lived maybe 3 kms away from it for 4 years and never knew it was there!!! Great place for lunch on a sunny day, even with kids.

Villa Rullud has open days maybe once or twice a year when they have an exhibition and there is coffee etc. There was one a few weeks back but I missed it.

Took a photo for you this evening while waiting for junior to finish his guitar lesson:

It's called Villa Pentry and it's on Nouttarinne. No idea about its history.... maybe you have something.

PS: first time I have ever tried to post a pic.... how do I make it smaller????

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:06 pm

*edit
Xochiquetzal I took a photo...

Xochiquetzal

Post by Xochiquetzal » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:01 pm

Cool - thank you for the pic! Definitely looks like a place for me to take the little one for pictures next