FOR ROMANIANS AND BULGARIANS - DO NOT COME WITHOUT PLANNING

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:52 pm

I hear she has been grumbling about the crazy car park costs when she needs to park her car.

Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:53 pm

sinikala wrote:Irrespective of if they are bums / tramps or whatever, if they ask for money, they are beggars.
Beggars for a nosebleed.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

enk

Post by enk » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:59 pm

sudentassu99 wrote:I hear she has been grumbling about the crazy car park costs when she needs to park her car.

:lol:

She was a right nutter, she was. Somehow all the colorful characters
are starting to be gone. *sniff*

-enk

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:22 pm

I don't know about "colorful" bit "back in the day", but the smell was distinct. I was running through from the Train Station to the Bus Station there was 2 routes, underground with 'eau de wino' and top with '100-lehti' pushers (how I wanted one day to go stuff the mag in ones throat in front of the YLE window for morning-tv) and the occasional weirdo. The Russian 'pilu50' tourist buses parked at the far end had a trickle of winos hovering around the place... ah, those times.

I wonder - does one still have to inhale deep before entering Hakaniemi metro from the square, and dare to breathe only down at the platform?
Cheers, Hank W.

raamv

Post by raamv » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:05 pm

Hank W. wrote:I wonder - does one still have to inhale deep before entering Hakaniemi metro from the square, and dare to breathe only down at the platform?
Those inhaling and talking mechanisms are for Finnish Women!!
As for breathing in Hakaniemi, it dont matter where you enter, you gotta be either drunk, dressed like enk(aka fully clothed like a proper women: :D with the mouth covered too :wink: ) or plain insensitive to any smell!

littlefrank

Post by littlefrank » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:12 pm

People must admit it's ironic, but when the Soviet Union existed and someone defected or somehow managed to get out, they were welcomed with open arms, now the state capitalists bosses of the former S.U. have become capitalist bosses and no longer have to guarantee full employment to their former comrades, poverty forces these people to leave their homes and families to look for work and of course no one gives a toss. It's doubly ironic when you consider that they've had over 70 years of propaganda about the free and wonderful life we have here in the west.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949

enk

Post by enk » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:16 pm

raamv wrote:dressed like enk(aka fully clothed like a proper women: :D with the mouth covered too :wink: ) or plain insensitive to any smell!
Only way to keep me quiet, my dear :)

-enk

raamv

Post by raamv » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:20 pm

enk wrote:
raamv wrote:dressed like enk(aka fully clothed like a proper women: :D with the mouth covered too :wink: ) or plain insensitive to any smell!
Only way to keep me quiet, my dear :)
-enk
I was only trying to quote you trying to quote that 90 year old!!
Now I know da trick eh!!
BTW, There WAS a pub quiz that I was able to make on WED U know!! :roll: :roll:

enk

Post by enk » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:26 pm

raamv wrote:I was only trying to quote you trying to quote that 90 year old!!
I know :D
raamv wrote:Now I know da trick eh!!
*grin* You now know more about me than my ex-husband ever
bothered to find out ;)
raamv wrote:BTW, There WAS a pub quiz that I was able to make on WED U know!! :roll: :roll:
Eh, didn't the message get passed on? I got swamped with work
about 3 in the afternoon :/ Got home sometime after 9,
made dinner, turned on the TV, ate some of the dinner and fell
asleep in the middle of it :lol:

All in all, a wonderful day ;)

-enk

raamv

Post by raamv » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:33 pm

enk wrote:*grin* You now know more about me than my ex-husband ever bothered to find out ;)
Some people are plain ole ole!! what Can I say in raw word..stupid!!
Eh, didn't the message get passed on? I got swamped with work
about 3 in the afternoon :/ Got home sometime after 9,
made dinner, turned on the TV, ate some of the dinner and fell
asleep in the middle of it :lol:
All in all, a wonderful day ;)
-enk[/quote]
I was too tired to have a conversation with the sandman ( err in Finsish, Nukkumatti) so HTH should I know that!!
But you missed our team of Mark.I(and his friend), Peteh, Mattilil2000, and moi! 8) We kikked da music round thanx to Matti!!
But Sinikettu managed to dismiss 2 Q's that would have made us tie!!
Still I was the DD ( Designated..driver)..for myself
BTW, I am close to Nittykumppu morrow as my voyager needs service..
I am still contemplating working remotely (in my mind) or having a day out in HEL. :roll: ..

enk

Post by enk » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:50 pm

raamv wrote:
enk wrote:*grin* You now know more about me than my ex-husband ever bothered to find out ;)
Some people are plain ole ole!! what Can I say in raw word..stupid!!
Well, yeah, that's why life's so much easier now :lol:
raamv wrote:But you missed our team of Mark.I(and his friend), Peteh, Mattilil2000, and moi! 8) We kikked da music round thanx to Matti!!
But Sinikettu managed to dismiss 2 Q's that would have made us tie!!
Now there's a team I would have liked to seen in person 8)
And congrats on the music round! \o/
raamv wrote:Still I was the DD ( Designated..driver)..for myself
BTW, I am close to Nittykumppu morrow as my voyager needs service..
I am still contemplating working remotely (in my mind) or having a day out in HEL. :roll: ..
I'm hoping I'm not so busy tomorrow that I can't eat lunch at some
point in time :lol:

If you like patta gobi aloo by the way, Satkar usually makes
a good one on Fridays. I've been craving some 8)

-enk

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:20 am

littlefrank wrote:People must admit it's ironic, but when the Soviet Union existed and someone defected or somehow managed to get out, they were welcomed with open arms,
Once you get settled and I bang into you some more Finnish, I have a book of "border incidents" 1944-1986, that shows how quick the welcome - goodbye was ;)
Cheers, Hank W.

littlefrank

Post by littlefrank » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:32 am

'Once you get settled and I bang into you some more Finnish, I have a book of "border incidents" 1944-1986'

Well I ws talking about the west in general and the Soviet satellite countries in particular. But I read somewhere when I first got to Finland that some Finn's during one period of economic depression use to cross the border illegally to look for work in the Soviet Union. But I know for definate that in 1917 prior to the Russian Revolution that the Chief of Police in Helsinki welcomed Lenin into his house, which is probably where Lenin got the idea for his police state. I've often wondered actually if the reason that the state capitalist leaders of the Bolshiviks had no objection to Finland having it's independence was because they would have a country they could quickly escape to if their 'revolution' failed.

The book of border incidents, I can do a deal with Eili, she can read me that book, and I'll read to her the 6 book set of Moomin stories my friend from Britain sent her. :)
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949

raamv

Post by raamv » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:05 pm

enk wrote:I'm hoping I'm not so busy tomorrow that I can't eat lunch at some point in time :lol:
-enk
Hmm.. I m getting hungry after having my latte in Stockmann and 15 mins fo computer time..
Mebbe I might walk to Satkar...for Lunch and test their c**p!!( shows how hungry I m) :twisted: :x

enk

Post by enk » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:41 pm

raamv wrote:
enk wrote:I'm hoping I'm not so busy tomorrow that I can't eat lunch at some point in time :lol:
-enk
Hmm.. I m getting hungry after having my latte in Stockmann and 15 mins fo computer time..
Mebbe I might walk to Satkar...for Lunch and test their c**p!!( shows how hungry I m) :twisted: :x
:lol:

I'm having a good lunch today, leftover lasagne and seljanka. It's
"better eat the leftovers day" for lunch today :D

-enk