FOR ROMANIANS AND BULGARIANS - DO NOT COME WITHOUT PLANNING

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
corneliu

Post by corneliu » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:54 pm

Keep them in Romania? how Hank ? If you have any idea post it here.Remember...this people when they are leaving Romania they look like tourists which have a good financial situation, and they have all the papers they need.Police has no reason or posibility to stop them unless the finnish police will ban each o them from finland.Many gipsyes found out quite long time ago that organised begging is so profitable.The ones who gather the money from the beggers are very rich,so much more rich than finish people with medium income, they used to drive expensive limusines and living in big houses in Romania.You have no idea how much money they get from this begging.Somebody said smth funny...like how would the finish mafia look like ? or if there is mafia in finland.well i guess some people used to live on the moon.
You see,it is much nicer now in towns in romania because all the beggers are gone, and the streets look so much nicer without them :).The beggers which are left in romania are not part of this organised thing , they are few and they are really people in need which cannot work.as the state is not able to offer them enough, i used to give some of what i am earning because i know i am helping the right people and not the rich gipsyes to get richer ;).

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

remus

Romanians - Great expectations

Post by remus » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:25 am

I have seen the posts & replies and I must say that quite a few of them contain a great deal of truth.
BTW I came in Finland on Jan 22nd and I sent about one hundred e-mails, called about 25 companies until now, but no reply and no chance for me to get a job until now :cry:
The fact is that money represents no problem, because I managed to rent an 'yksio' in Helsinki but still I need to find a job because it makes no sense living here and not working.
Even if I worked for an ISP in Romania I came here knowing that in the begining I only have the CHANCE to work something like cleaning or security.
Do any of you know any enterprise that would accept me even if I only know basic words&expressions in Finnish? It doesn't matter what it will be, as long as the company should be able to accept a non-finn.
Thank you for your time! (reading time :shock: )
Remus

remus

Post by remus » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:27 am

I have seen the posts & replies and I must say that quite a few of them contain a great deal of truth.
BTW I came in Finland on Jan 22nd and I sent about one hundred e-mails, called about 25 companies until now, but no reply and no chance for me to get a job until now :cry:
The fact is that money represents no problem, because I managed to rent an 'yksio' in Helsinki but still I need to find a job because it makes no sense living here and not working.
Even if I worked for an ISP in Romania I came here knowing that in the begining I only have the CHANCE to work something like cleaning or security.
Do any of you know any enterprise that would accept me even if I only know basic words&expressions in Finnish? It doesn't matter what it will be, as long as the company should be able to accept a non-finn.
Thank you for your time! (reading time :shock: )
Remus

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:28 am

Non-finn is OK, especially in the computer business. Not speaking Finnish, now that might be a probiem re. customer service, but 'backoffice' jobs are everyone speaks English mostly anyways. Do you have and degrees/certs?

BTW a mate of mine just off the plane has gotten a job in an internet cafe, and speaks no Finnish, so its not *totally* closed shop.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

sinikettu

Re: Romanians - Great expectations

Post by sinikettu » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:34 am

remus wrote:Do any of you know any enterprise that would accept me even if I only know basic words&expressions in Finnish? It doesn't matter what it will be, as long as the company should be able to accept a non-finn.

Remus
I have a good friend in Bucarest he is a senior engineer with the Romanian PTT with a MSc in telecoms.
His wife is a Professor of dental surgery at Bucarest medical college.

They love Finland...when Romania joined the EU he said.."Do you think it is sensible to come to Finland to find a job?"
I said "what does your wife say?"
"Oh she says we should first learn some Finnish, then find a job, then move to Finland"

I said..."That is why she is a professor and you are only an engineer!"
People do not become more irritable as they grow old - they simply stop making the effort to avoid annoying others.

remus

Post by remus » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:38 am

BTW I came in Finland on Jan 22nd and I sent about one hundred e-mails, called about 25 companies until now, but no reply and no chance for me to get a job until now.
Thank you for your time! (reading time)
Remus

remus

Post by remus » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:33 am

Hank W. wrote:Non-finn is OK, especially in the computer business. Not speaking Finnish, now that might be a probiem re. customer service, but 'backoffice' jobs are everyone speaks English mostly anyways. Do you have and degrees/certs?

BTW a mate of mine just off the plane has gotten a job in an internet cafe, and speaks no Finnish, so its not *totally* closed shop.
I have all my diplomas and certificates. They are all translated in english. About that mate of yours...he sure was lucky finding a job in an I-cafe. So, Hank, do you have any idea of a company interested in a person like myself?
Thanks!
P.S. Sorry for repeating my first post on the forum but the server kept saying *error in line 100*, DEBUG MODE bla bla bla. So I pressed back&submit until the error was gone, but it seems that the post has been added each time I pressed 'Submit'

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:15 am

Ain't computers fun ;)

Remus - PM me your "magic words" as in CV and I'll do a quickie.
Cheers, Hank W.

peppetto

It can happen....

Post by peppetto » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:17 pm

I am afraid,than ,now,when Bulgaria is a part of EU,the bulgarian gypsys,who lives in Norway may move to live in Finland and Sweden...,because they probably believe ,that will find any free job here and in Sweden legally-on the feeld basicly..I really have never seen gypsy people to beg in Bulgaria,but only white old bulgarian,while I have seen very young white ladys to begg in France.But the single ststes ,where white people look for food into the rubush containers are Bulgaria and Romania,while only the gypsy people do that in Turkey.I really do not think ,that bulgarian and romanian will come to Finland to seek ajob,because they hate the coldness.I have seen many romanian in South Tyrol/Italy/,where the Greman language is official/ almost everybody in Bulgaria and Romania speaks german and where it is easy to find a job from first asking-ony 2% are jobless in South Tyrol and their factorys needs of workers-noone italian will stay on -24*C in South Tyrol.The romanian friends is qite right:in Finland will come only well financed people from Bulgaria and Romania-you need least 2500 Euro to start to look for a job in abroad.Who bulgarian or romanian has spented that money -the least salary in Bulgaria is 90 Euro and in Romania simmilar.the minors get about 300 euro,But maybe the romanian ship workers will come to work in Finland ,because they work now in bulgarian shipbuilding companians.....Hey Polly ,why do not find to get merried a finnish man-probably somebody needs bulgarian woman!!!!
single and kindhearted man

picimoc

Re: FOR ROMANIANS AND BULGARIANS - DO NOT COME WITHOUT PLANN

Post by picimoc » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:20 pm

Hank W. wrote:Well, apparently there has been some news down on the Black Sea beach that Finland has opened the labour market and there are a lot of jobs here.
the newspapers today had articles of Romanians and Bulgarians coming like beggars with no money without any planning or any idea of the reality of life in Finland.
well... searching for something different, i came across this post, checked the URL in HS english pages (the one that scared HankW), and surprise! here are the titles of the previous article, as well as the next article (all 3 posted on 25.01.2007 in the english edition of HS, speaking, ironically, about the reality of life in Finland, from editor's point of view):

> Sharp rise in Chlamydia cases among young teenagers
> Ministry warns Romanians and Bulgarians of difficulties in finding work
> Commercial home-growing of cannabis increasing in Helsinki area

supposing i came to Finland and start checking the internet, looking for job (following everybody's advices) and start reading these articles in HS (great newspaper, right?), what shall i do? shall i start the invasion, or shall i stay home? i guess the articles were pretty scarry, as the invasion didn't hapened, afterall.

cheers
alex

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:02 am

You and remus can go to the sauna and compare which of your respective asses is more gold in color. Maybe you can join in with the hartbroken of Turku and Peppetto for some color. You just need to prove them that I am wrong. A job came and bit you off the nose on the airport, with no plamnning whatsoever and no niche job waiting for you. ;) I just want to be proven wrong. Meanwhile I need to take my dog "pretzeltail" for some dognut-hunting.
Cheers, Hank W.

COBHC

Re: It can happen....

Post by COBHC » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:46 pm

peppetto wrote:I am afraid,than ,now,when Bulgaria is a part of EU,the bulgarian gypsys,who lives in Norway may move to live in Finland and Sweden...,because they probably believe ,that will find any free job here and in Sweden legally-on the feeld basicly..I really have never seen gypsy people to beg in Bulgaria,but only white old bulgarian,while I have seen very young white ladys to begg in France.But the single ststes ,where white people look for food into the rubush containers are Bulgaria and Romania,while only the gypsy people do that in Turkey.I really do not think ,that bulgarian and romanian will come to Finland to seek ajob,because they hate the coldness.I have seen many romanian in South Tyrol/Italy/,where the Greman language is official/ almost everybody in Bulgaria and Romania speaks german and where it is easy to find a job from first asking-ony 2% are jobless in South Tyrol and their factorys needs of workers-noone italian will stay on -24*C in South Tyrol.The romanian friends is qite right:in Finland will come only well financed people from Bulgaria and Romania-you need least 2500 Euro to start to look for a job in abroad.Who bulgarian or romanian has spented that money -the least salary in Bulgaria is0 Euro and in Romania simmilar.the minors get about 300 euro,But maybe the romanian ship workers will come to work in Finland ,because they work now in bulgarian shipbuilding companians.....Hey Polly ,why do not find to get merried a finnish man-probably somebody needs bulgarian woman!!!!
That was horrible to read and i don't think it made any sense whatsoever. Why don't you people see that Hank is not trying to put you off coming to Finland, he is trying to WARN you that it's not as easy as you may think.

I was lucky enough to get a job with knowing very little Finnish, and i think i only got the job because i had already enrolled in 3 language courses showing signs of wanting to learn the language.

picimoc

... in plain english

Post by picimoc » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:04 pm

guys, in plain english, without meaning disrespect for anybody's opinion (we combat here opinions, not people), i think Hank over-reacted on a piece of news. the time prove he was wrong, and Finland was not flooded by "totaly naive" Romanians & Bulgarians seeking jobs in airport

on the other hand (and here i speculate, for the sake of discussion), i think those guys came from Sweden to Finland. not directly from Romania. i hardly imagine custom officers letting people in, without proper documents and proper answers ("why are you here", "where do you leave", and most common "puhutko suomea") straight from airplane to Helsinki. i mean, how can you pass custom officers, police of Helsinki and end up in Turku's police ustody?! and there, police FINALLY discover that these guys were "fooled by Romanian media"... that's something i don't buy ;) it seems easier to come to Turku on the boat from Sweden (no passport control, no questions asked) and end up in Turku, and answering police's questions in the most naive way.

no matter what's the truth, i consider it just a piece of news, along with the other 2 i presented above.

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:10 am

Some came without planning. What's even stranger is - they stayed after August 15th. That's seriously bad planning.

raamv

Post by raamv » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:17 am

otyikondo wrote:Some came without planning. What's even stranger is - they stayed after August 15th. That's seriously bad planning.

and bad spelling!! :twisted: