FOR ROMANIANS AND BULGARIANS - DO NOT COME WITHOUT PLANNING

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:49 pm

Well, it is a bit of a challenge trying to make a CV for a locksmith specialized in womens hairdressing... I kind of understand why the Turku job centre has trouble :lol:

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sieni

Post by sieni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:53 pm

Here's a short-term job for someone Romanian. I came across it on http://www.aarresaari.net/

The deadline for applying is Monday.

For Romanian person: Assistant in market study project- Romania
Alma Media Interactive Oy/ Mascus

Ilmoitus lisätty 25. tammikuuta 2007, klo 12:53

Työn kuvaus:

The Company:
We have an exciting opportunity for Romanian students currently living in Finland for conducting market study that we will use in implementation of internationalisation strategy.

Mascus is a leading North European used equipment e-marketplace http://www.mascus.com/splash.asp?locati ... anguage=EN and has operations throughout Europe. Mascus operates in the business areas of Construction, Agriculture, Material Handling, Groundscare, Transportation and Forestry.

The Candidate:
Ideally:
- You are currently studying in Finland and you will be here at least for next 4 months
- You are living in Finland (not student necessary)
- Very good writing and reading skills in English (our working language is English)
- you have native language skill in one of the countries
- Good usage of Internet and search tools i.e. google, online databases
- Computer literacy – MS World, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
Preferably:
- Study field or interests related to marketing and management in e-commerce
- Knowledge or experience in market study can be advantage
- Sales person skill can be useful

The Role:
You will conduct the market study on your market i.e. Romania to analyse the possibility of selling Mascus services and finding cooperation partners. Areas of study
- Classified ads magazines
- Used equipment markets: used trucks, construction, agricultural machines, forest, forklifts and groundscare machines
- Marketing channels: press, Internet marketplaces, fairs, etc

Study will be conducted using:
- Internet and databases i.e. business press, business intelligence
- Phone interviews

Project will last 1,5 month / 17 h weekly. Further career opportunities are possible

The Reword
Mascus is owned by Alma Media Interactive Oy, the leading e-commerce media house in Finland. By conducting this project you get valuable experience and references for your future career.

As assistant in market study project you can be a part of our international expansion. You will work in our Helsinki office in Kluuvi. Your work might continued in the future in your country or here in Finland. We will pay you a hourly rate.

Application process

Send your CV and Letter of Application by Monday 05.02.2007, 17:00 per e-mail to [email protected]

Contact us
For more information do not hesitate to contact
Tomasz Odrobiński
Regional Sales Manager for Central East Europe GSM: +358 40 750 4922 TEL: +358 10 655 2020 FAX: +358 10 655 2034 [email protected]

Työn kesto: 6 weeks with possibility of further career, flexible working hours

Palkkaus:

Työnantaja: Alma Media Interactive Oy/ Mascus

Yhteyshenkilö:
Tomasz Odrobinski

+358 40 7504922
[email protected]

Viimeinen hakupäivä: 05.02.2007

Lisätietoja:

http://www.mascus.com/splash.asp?locati ... anguage=EN

corneliu

romanians and bulgarians ...

Post by corneliu » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:47 pm

hank, the romanians and bulgarians begging in finland, is actually the mafia which is in the entire europe.finish mafia is involved into it too.it is happening in all the countries in europe.And if there is somebody who decides to beg in finland instead of living in romania where you think that is so cheap to live, than this person has nothing in romania and preferes to beg in other countries instead.begging is legal änyway so don¨t think too much about it .
you said ¨BTW the most asylum seekers in Finland were from Bulgaria you should really do something :lol: ¨can u explain what is so funny about that ?

you speak about the reality of life in finland, considering what you wrote, you know nothing about reality of life.it looks like the romanian and bulgarian who posted here are not too experienced with life reality either.
You can find a job in finland, even if you can¨t speak finish as you wrote using CAPS .are you afraid that thousands of workers will come to finland ? that is not going to happen.Everything you wrote about getting a job seems to have a purpose : keeping people who need a job away from finland.I suppose a lot of ppl are working illegal in finland already, and maybe they are not bulgarians or romanians.your country needs workers that¨s why the market is totally opened.in 2004 did thousands came to finland ? i guess not.`

` Everyone always coming to Hank with problems. Great responsibilities. But Hank does not mind. Hank trained in crisis management. `
Don¨t mind than !

Meri-Tuuli

Re: romanians and bulgarians ...

Post by Meri-Tuuli » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:08 pm

corneliu wrote:finish mafia
What mafia? I've never heard anything about Finnish mafia! I was thinking about this the other day actually, what would a Finnish mafia guy look like?
corneliu wrote:You can find a job in finland, even if you can¨t speak finish as you wrote using CAPS .
Can you? When was the last time you looked for a job in Finland not speaking Finnish??
corneliu wrote: keeping people who need a job away from finland.
Well yes, but there are plenty of people here in Finland already who need jobs!
corneliu wrote:I suppose a lot of ppl are working illegal in finland already,
Hmm, I'm not too sure on this one, are you? I was under the impression that the authorities are very strict and that Finnish employers are very law abinding.
corneliu wrote:your country needs workers that¨s why the market is totally opened.
Well, I'm not exactly sure about the precise statistics of the Finnish labour market, are you? How do you know Finland has a need for any kind of labour?
corneliu wrote:in 2004 did thousands came to finland ? i guess not.`
They all went to the UK.....or then they realised that the language barrier is too great....

Meri-Tuuli

Post by Meri-Tuuli » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:14 pm

corneliu wrote:hank, the romanians and bulgarians begging in finland, is actually the mafia which is in the entire europe.
Actually why would mafia beg? I was under the impression that mafia types were more into extortion, stealing, dealing drugs etc etc etc rather than simple begging. Of course, this is a complete and utter media stereotype, I have actually no idea what real mafia men do.

And another thing, Hank does say 'do not come to Finland' he says 'do not come to Finland without planning'

Its in the title: FOR ROMANIANS AND BULGARIANS - DO NOT COME WITHOUT PLANNING

He is merely trying to forewarn you that the streets are not paved with gold here in Finland (or anywhere else for that matter!)

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:14 pm

corneliu wrote:are you afraid that thousands of workers will come to finland ? that is not going to happen.Everything you wrote about getting a job seems to have a purpose : keeping people who need a job away from finland
No, its keeping beggars out of Finland. See now there are not beggars in Finland. The few people that try find out soon that there is no sympathy. We do not have a culture of beggars in Finland and we do not want to import any. You can keep them in Romania. I laugh at Bulgaria as they are now an EU country - why are they seeking asylum?

The reason is there are no jobs in Finland. Do you not read the news - the factories are closing all the time. If the person needs a job they need to find a job. There is no need for idiots to come swarming here before they have a job, as they end up frozen on the street in -27C. There is 100 jobs for a metal worker. Why does the Romanian metal worker with long experience not get one interview? No speak Finnish = no Job. So there is not a job for him. There is a job for someone who can speak Finnish, maybe an Estonian. Fact of life.

And it is my tax money that is paying for all this.
Cheers, Hank W.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:24 pm

Meri-Tuuli wrote:They all went to the UK.....or then they realised that the language barrier is too great....
Actually 'my' Romanians are adamant in not going to the UK, as the Romanians got some bad press before joining the EU (and theres the labour restrictions). Oh well, seems a cleaning job is available (for a marine industry technician), so there is light in the tunnel, but how does one think the guys in Turku fare?
Cheers, Hank W.

ashish

Post by ashish » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:28 pm

Obviously, I am not experienced enough and I have no idea about life in Romania or Finland... :)

I'm glad corneliu knows all about it - the beggars, the mafia, the language....

Well... this is exactly the attitude that we were hoping you wouldn't have if you decide to move here. It didn't help you, but it might help others. Maybe Bulgarians.

"Romanu' tot ca romanu'..."

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:32 pm

Meri-Tuuli wrote:Actually why would mafia beg?
Oh its a big business in certain areas, begging, as it is profitable.
Cheers, Hank W.

EP

Post by EP » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:36 pm

begging is legal änyway so don¨t think too much about it .
Actually, I think it is illegal in Finland. But I am not 100% sure.

And I have never heard of Finnish mafia, if there is one, they sure keep it well hidden.

sinikala

Post by sinikala » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:02 pm

EP wrote:
begging is legal änyway so don¨t think too much about it .
Actually, I think it is illegal in Finland. But I am not 100% sure.

And I have never heard of Finnish mafia, if there is one, they sure keep it well hidden.
I was under the impression that begging is illegal here; like drunks... if the Police see them, they remove them. I was talking to the wife of a Norwegian guy who said that begging is legal in Norway and nowadays bus-loads of eastern European beggars turn up in Oslo in the summer.

I can't believe Hank's saying there are no beggars in Finland, there certainly are in Helsinki.

Never waited at a tram stop on Aleksanterinkatu? I don't often, but 3-4 times I've been asked for money... drunk Finns or scruffy looking eastern European kids. It's not common, but it happens.

Meri... organised crime... the crims have some hold over the person... "find me €100 today or you don't get your drugs"... they go out and beg and find the €100.

No Finnish mafia? You don't need one, you've got the Russians to do the job for you. :lol:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:14 pm

sinikala wrote:I can't believe Hank's saying there are no beggars in Finland, there certainly are in Helsinki.

Never waited at a tram stop on Aleksanterinkatu? I don't often, but 3-4 times I've been asked for money... drunk Finns or scruffy looking eastern European kids.
I can come bum a fag off you - does that make me a beggar? They're not beggars, they are people who beg. A person in Finland will be shown acommodation and means to survive, it is not like people would be left on their own.... well Karpo might have a few examples.
Cheers, Hank W.

sinikala

Post by sinikala » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:43 pm

Hank W. wrote:
sinikala wrote:I can't believe Hank's saying there are no beggars in Finland, there certainly are in Helsinki.

Never waited at a tram stop on Aleksanterinkatu? I don't often, but 3-4 times I've been asked for money... drunk Finns or scruffy looking eastern European kids.
I can come bum a fag off you - does that make me a beggar? They're not beggars, they are people who beg. A person in Finland will be shown accommodation and means to survive, it is not like people would be left on their own.... well Karpo might have a few examples.
Semantics, and incorrect at that. Nobody has ever tried to bum a fag off me, I can now remember offhand 4 that have tried to bum money...

first was a drunk South African tramp, second a drunk Finnish woman directly outside Stockmann who looked and smelled like a tramp.

Another that sticks in the mind was a little eastern European looking kid who came to the tram stop near Alexi 13, showed a 1€ coin and then stuck out his hand. He didn't say a word, just looked very sad. I shook my head as I know in Finland there is no need to beg in Finland... Kela will provide. So the kid trotted over to try people on the opposite side of the road.

Fourth was a drunk Finn in Pori, only that last one looked like an amateur.

There have been a couple of others in Hki, I'm sure.

There are professional beggars here, thinking about it, I have only seen it in Summer, but they exist. Irrespective of if they are bums / tramps or whatever, if they ask for money, they are beggars.
Last edited by sinikala on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:50 pm

sinikala wrote:One that sticks in the mind was a little eastern European looking kid who came to the tram stop, showed a 1€ coin and then stuck out his hand.

He didn't say a word, just looked very sad.
Well you should have taken the euro and said thank you. Thats what I'd do. Do you see now why the old ladies say "we do not need foreigners in Finland"? Do you now imagine someone wants to hire any east european-looking people? Do you imagine how hard it is to battle the prejudices some con-artists try to make a quick buck.

There are no beggars in Finland. Call the Väestörekisterikeskus and ask how many people are registered as kerjäläinen in the system? What you described was an example of a mafia human trafficking child labor victim who was asking for money. Maybe eventually they get the idea and go to Oslo if nobody gives them money.
Cheers, Hank W.

enk

Post by enk » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:48 pm

Now that the big bus station in Kamppi has gone underground, where is
the one scruffylooking woman-beggar who used to ask for money
and then swear at you or shove you around when you wouldn't give her
any? Best thing about the bus station was you could see her coming
and get out of her way.

She also used to hang around in Tapiola a lot and sometimes on Aleksi
downtown.

-enk