Oil Heating

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
pjaborges

Re: Re:

Post by pjaborges » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:31 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:10 pm
pjaborges wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:54 pm
Nallis wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:16 pm
Esso, Neste, St1, Shell, Teboil. pick one.
See this for contact information http://www.oil.fi/index.php?m=7&id=373&sm=42&m=7. That doesn't include St1 but here http://www.st1.fi/resellers_fi.php you can find your local retailer.
Hi!

These links are not working anymore.
Does anyone know where I can find similar information?

Thank you!
https://www.google.com/search?q=lämmitysöljy
Thank you!

Re: Re:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

network_engineer

Re: Oil Heating

Post by network_engineer » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:14 pm

Cost of water:

If it is the cost of the water while living in an independent home, just remember that the water charges are bifurcated, the incoming (clean) water and then sewage.

Here's where it gets "interesting", the incoming water is cheap, the outgoing sewage water is 3x the price.

So, e.g. if you were to water the garden 100 c3 l, you are paying for the 100 c3l incoming and the same amount as sewage, although it is not going via the sewage.

Heating:

Regarding the loss of water through the heating system, there are two parts to it, the water in the heating system is always circulating through the radiators, and you should not be losing any water, there is a pressure meter that should indicate a loss of water through a leak.

Of course, it would be quite interesting IF you are circulating the water used for consumption, may not be clean enough. That would be an odd implementation - an incorrect one.

PS: I think there is some sort of a current incentive, was it tax reduction or other something else to change from oil to something else.

riku2

Re: Oil Heating

Post by riku2 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:35 pm

if you were to water the garden 100 c3 l, you are paying for the 100 c3l incoming and the same amount as sewage, although it is not going via the sewage.
This is only the case if the house is connected to a mains sewage system. The OP seems to have a detached house and so might not be connected to mains sewage and instead have a septic tank (which is what my house has).

With a septic tank you pay to have it emptied but not 100% of consumed water ends up in the tank. For sure water sprayed on the garden or the car doesn't end up in the tank, but my house has two waste water paths. Only the toilets empty into the tank. The shower and sinks go into a separation system which is two different tanks that trap grease and the like and then the water flows into a ditch. So that isn't filling up the septic tank at all.
it seems that there must be a constant flow of cold water entering into the boiler
If you have a water meter then you should check if water is being consumed even when you're not running any taps. The heating (as others wrote) is a closed loop and only needs water for topping up (eg after you drain it for radiator or valve maintenance). Heating systems have pressure valves which open if the heating water reaches too high a pressure. it's possible that they fail and they continually release the heating water (I have replaced mine a couple of times in the past 20 years).
The topping up is done with a valve that feeds the boiler heating circuit with cold water. If that's left open then the heating circuit is effectively connected to the cold water supply - although in my house this would mean the heating water pressure would be too high (heating pressure relief valve is 1.5 bar and cold water pressure is about 7 bar) and the valve would release the excess pressure. This would explain your high water consumption but you should notice the excess water being released from the heating circuit via the valve (in my case a pipe that feeds into an adjacent sink).

But are you sure the excessive water consumption is going into the boiler ? perhaps a toilet has a leaking valve and continually overflows water?

everything in the house will have a valve to isolate the water supply (each toilet, the boiler, hot water to taps) so if you have a meter you can troubleshoot any continual consumption to find what's using the water.