Tandoori Chicken Question

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:34 pm

It's a bit late now.... the sun is lower in the sky and not so strong. You could try buying one of those light bulbs for plants and growing them under artificial light.

I grew some red ones for the first time this year, indoors in front of a big window. I have about a dozen now (only 2-3 from each plant) and they are quite big. I think I will string them up and dry them out before I use them. I have no idea how strong they are.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:26 am

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:38 pm

Thanks for the article. I think I should have pinched out my plants because they grew too tall and couldn't take the weight of more than 2-3 fruits. But otherwise I think I did OK, I used tomato fertiliser as suggested in that article. The last two plants did get some kind of pest (aphids or spiders not sure) but the fruits were already nice and red so I cut them off and chucked the plants on the compost heap. I will definitely try again next spring.

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:07 pm

penelope wrote:It's a bit late now.... the sun is lower in the sky and not so strong. You could try buying one of those light bulbs for plants and growing them under artificial light.

Yup the lack of sun is a bit of a prob. They've been growing since Spring, but I reckon I might have neglected them a little with my lazy irrigation regime :( I daren't buy those ganga bulbs, I'll have SUPO on my back :lol:
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:08 pm

Speaking of which.... I was at the gym this morning.... has anyone noticed that apartment right opposite the SATS / Iso Omena gym (about 3rd or 4th storey)???? :lol:

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:34 pm

penelope wrote:Speaking of which.... I was at the gym this morning.... has anyone noticed that apartment right opposite the SATS / Iso Omena gym (about 3rd or 4th storey)???? :lol:
hmm I wonder how many from FF go there!! :roll:
So wanna post a pic ? :wink:

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:15 pm

Why the :roll: ?

It's just another gym. Most convenient for me and cheaper than many I know (like all gyms it depends how long you have been a member and if you qualify for discount). There are plenty of foreigners there, maybe not regulars on here, but maybe yes.

Might look a bit fishy if I walk into the gym with a camera, and my phone takes useless pics but maybe from upstairs from near the cinema.....

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:49 pm

penelope wrote:Why the :roll: ? .
cos I suspect that it might just be less than a handful!!