Work permit related

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
cooldude_1983

Work permit related

Post by cooldude_1983 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:19 am

One of my friend has a work permit which will expire on 22 August 2007. He will be working here and company wishes to work with him for next 1 year.

The friend will be traveling to Finland on 15th July. Is there any issue with this? I mean is there any time limit before time work permit expires that one should enter Finland/EU?

One of his friends told him that (Although he was not sure), you should enter some 3/6 months before expiry of Work permit or something like that. How true this is? Please advice me, lil urgent

Thanks a ton!

Cheers!
~CoolDu
Image Image

Work permit related

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sinikettu

Post by sinikettu » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:08 am

As far as I know one does not present a "work permit" to the passport control one presents a Passport with a valid visa.
As "your friend" probably used his soon to expire work permit to get his visa..I would suspect that his visa is also..soon to expire..
Passport control might well ask for some evidence that "your friend" intends to exit Finland before that visa expires...presenting a soon to expire work permit will not help.
But I am no expert...suggest your friend call the Finnish embassy in Delhi and asks.
People do not become more irritable as they grow old - they simply stop making the effort to avoid annoying others.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:03 am

It is most probably a residence permit. So the company better make the application for a new permit now; as getting a new one might take a long time.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

cooldude_1983

Post by cooldude_1983 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:14 am

Yeah I mean he has a residence permit and VISA, which is going to expire on 22 August.

As he soon as he is here, the company will apply for his renewal and thats not an issue, but what I wanted to know is if he will have any problems in entry!
Cheers!
~CoolDu
Image Image

raamv

Post by raamv » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:39 am

As long as the visa is valid, he should not have any problems...and if questions by the authorities..he should tell the truth.

cooldude_1983

Post by cooldude_1983 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:53 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Called up UVI, they also said the same thing, As long as WP is Valid you can enter.

And Yeah truth will be told, there is nothing to hide[:)]
Cheers!
~CoolDu
Image Image

raamv

Post by raamv » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:57 pm

But then the employer must provide all the paperwork ASAP ( as in yesterday) for his work permit in order to continue staying here..
and s(he) has to apply for the extension asap ( as in day before yesterday)..
cause, as long as you have applied for an extension, you can stay here before the decision is made..

cooldude_1983

Post by cooldude_1983 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:50 pm

Yeah, as soon as he comes here, we will start the process of extension of work permit.

IN past cases we had applied for extension 15 days before the expiry date and it worked out quite well. Going that way, if 22 August is expiry date, then we can start in beginning of August, but we will start even before that!
Cheers!
~CoolDu
Image Image