How do I locate a long lost friend living in Turku?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
T.Sheetz

Post by T.Sheetz » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:50 am

hello
I am new to all of this. I had a friend many years ago that lived here in the states as an exchange student. when she moved back to turku, she stayed in touch, I however did not. it was the days before email and I was a lazy youth. in the years we have lost touch completely and I don't have an address or any way to get in contact. I think of her often and would love to catch up on the past 10 years or so. I'm not so lazy as I was before.
anu wiik. here's to you.

if anyone could help at all, that would be great.
thanks.

T

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

daive

Re: How do I locate a long lost friend living in Turku?

Post by daive » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:18 am

T.Sheetz wrote:hello
I am new to all of this. I had a friend many years ago that lived here in the states as an exchange student. when she moved back to turku, she stayed in touch, I however did not. it was the days before email and I was a lazy youth. in the years we have lost touch completely and I don't have an address or any way to get in contact. I think of her often and would love to catch up on the past 10 years or so. I'm not so lazy as I was before.
anu wiik. here's to you.

thanks.

T
http://henkilot.eniro.fi/

The site is temporarily down at the moment but should be back online soon. Just put in the name and it locates all people in the Finnish phone directory with that name, it gives their name, address and sometimes phone number... It is a good start anyway!

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Daive

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:00 am

This is a long shot but if you remember what school she was in at Finland you could try site http://www.koulukaverit.fi . It is site for connecting old schoolbuddies. Unfortunately it is in finnish. Basic principal is you search with a schoolname and you can see all students from that school that have registered to the service. It is really popular sevice and lot of people have registered in. Using it is free.
Eniro that was mentioned has closed down the service to find people because other companies on same business have sued them but hopefully they can open it soon again. Similar service you can get by calling to 118 but unfortunately for that you need to be in Finland.

daive

Post by daive » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:09 am

Mai wrote:Eniro that was mentioned has closed down the service to find people because other companies on same business have sued them but hopefully they can open it soon again. Similar service you can get by calling to 118 but unfortunately for that you need to be in Finland.
Oopsis!

distantspaces

Post by distantspaces » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:24 am

Hi,

I have access to another online phone directory and I did a search for the name you mentioned. There was one name that almost matched, and was based in Turku. There is also another person living in Helsinki whose name is Anu Wiik.

Do you have any more information about this person? If you want, I can PM you the details I found (address and phone number).

Let me know...

anjowi

Post by anjowi » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:26 am

Hi T!

This is unbelievable!
I just found this message and I hope it is not too late to answer. Yes, it is me, now living in Helsinki, studying etc.
Last year I spent in Moscow as an exchange student but in September I also visited in Pennsylvania and Delaware at Jenn's (my host sister) wedding. I tried to find some information of You, Matt and Heather but nothing. I even visited at our old Penn Manor High School. Where are You all now? I have no idea how this forum works but please: write to me soon at [email protected]

I am so glad to hear from You after all these years!

Anu Wiik
T.Sheetz wrote:hello
anu wiik. here's to you.

thanks.

T

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:23 am

Well there...
How's that for coincidence?

Admins? Maybe you should put an extra few keywords in the META tags: reunion, old friends, impossible, coincidence, etc. etc. :wink: :lol:

Glad you found eachother again :D

Sara

Post by Sara » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:08 am

Anu on your friends post it has the email button on the bottom. Perhaps send him a email through that and hope it works out!

How Fab! 8)

anjowi

Thanks!

Post by anjowi » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:46 am

I am just finding out how this works. :wink:

Anu
Sara wrote:Anu on your friends post it has the email button on the bottom. Perhaps send him a email through that and hope it works out!

How Fab! 8)

Mmz

Post by Mmz » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:02 pm

I also need to find old dear friend on my heart she originally from pori but living in Turku,
Her name is Janica Salo, how do I let her see this or find about her?
Thank you