GRE, GMAT, SAT, ...

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:28 am

just because you don't like his comments is no justification for racial slurs. you just sealed your faith in this forum. :twisted:

Get in there...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

raamv

Post by raamv » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:32 am

macintosh wrote:well, i wont write anymore comments here, you're just behaving like a typical indian, always trying to be over-smart.
did i mention that try to be polite with the language you use?
Exactly which part of my comments were Indian?
I know what language I am good at and which ones I am not good at..
Dont confuse being direct with being rude..
Read the stickies in "living in Finland"
:twisted: :wink:

macintosh

Post by macintosh » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:40 am

mate, i dont know how you think but my point was ..
a guy (i dont know who is he) wrote that he offers some service, for example GRE, and you are not interested at all, cos according to you, you got perfect scores in GRE, etc etc. so why you are messing with this issue?
If someone is interested, he can ask by himself, you dont have to ask questions on the behalf of others ppl.
anyway. may be you think different way and its none of my business :)
i registered here cos i wanted to ask a question (if you see the same study in finland forum you will find my 1 thread).

raamv

Post by raamv » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:50 am

macintosh wrote:If someone is interested, he can ask by himself, you dont have to ask questions on the behalf of others ppl.
Says you?? so why are you saying this on behalf of other people?
anyway. may be you think different way and its none of my business :)
you just made this your business by participating in this thread..
i registered here cos i wanted to ask a question (if you see the same study in finland forum you will find my 1 thread).
U see I registered here to not only ask questions but to answer them and point out to people at least some of the "cultural nuances" of Finland.. So where's the beef when all you come with is an empty plate?

and where's your conviction when you said that you were not going to reply anymore in this thread? :wink: :twisted:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:11 am

looky now here mackintosh/mancho: adverts like this annoy the hell out of people because the posters DO NOT PROVIDE ALL THE RELEVANT INFORMATION. Like are we all mind-readers or something here?

If you are offering something like GRE of which I don't even know what the hell it is - how the heck does someone see inside the head of the original poster and can read their brain and know they teach in English, reside in Jyväskylä, and expect someone to pop in for a lesson. Not to start with who the heck in Jyväskylä would need this kind of preparation escapes my mind - but then asking someone to be polite? Polite? It would be polite to at least try posting something remotely intelligent first. If you do not like stupid comments then don't make a stupid post. RELEVANT INFORMATION motherf* can you give?
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

macintosh

Post by macintosh » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:00 pm

i dont know how to make you guys believe that im no way related to the guy who made the orignal post. may be the admin can see the ip of the orignal and make you guys believe that its not me.

debonaire

Post by debonaire » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:31 am

macintosh wrote:well, i wont write anymore comments here, you're just behaving like a typical indian, always trying to be over-smart.
did i mention that try to be polite with the language you use?
Hey don't generalise this to other Indians...Indians behave depending on the situation...
Why would someone be interested in joining your tutions as it offers barely any basic information to a prospective student...

Jason Wright

Re: GRE, GMAT, SAT, ...

Post by Jason Wright » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:13 pm

Mancho wrote:Are you going to study in the USA? Or just need GRE, GMAT or SAT scores? Or do you have any trouble with mathematics?

I can offer high quality teaching of general Mathematics and Mathematical sections for any test, Have a good experience in teaching all of them and working with students of any age and any nationality.

There is nothing at all unclear about what Mancho is offering here! And if you did have a legitimate question to ask, why didn't you just PM him??

He does not state that he is offering eLearning, correspondence courses, tele-learning, etc. Teaching in it most basic form is done face to face, right?

He is located in Jyvaskylä. If you are not located in the immediate area, then he can't help you. Period!

He is writing in English. Does he offer his services in Finnish or Hungarian...No! So what makes you think that he would??

But there are certain people on this thread (an forum) who just have to ask irrelevant or ignorant questions for the hell of it..And the reason is because they have nothing better to do.

I have made the same mistake as Mancho by putting an advert on this board. I was really surprised at how many people began to dissect and criticize the details. I was and still am disappointed in how people can behave on this forum.

I believe that there are too many bitter/depressed people trolling this board who are doing more HARM than good. I think this is a case where some moderation is needed. If there are members on this forum who consistently 'tear into' others and criticize everything that others say... shouldn't this be moderated? I consider it very disrespectful! And if I understand this forum' s "Board-wide Policies" correctly, members are to behave respectfully towards one another. Am I right or wrong?
6. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or a ban. bb/viewtopic.php?t=5660
Good luck Mancho!

Jason

If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.
Dalai Lama

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:23 pm

He didn't tell he was Jyväskylä originally.

A lot of post here thinking everybody else knows exactly what is moving inside their head. 99% of the time a person omitting their location is from the GHA though.
Cheers, Hank W.

Jason Wright

Post by Jason Wright » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:10 pm

Hank W. wrote:He didn't tell he was Jyväskylä originally.
Yes Hank, I think you gave him a hint with good intentions! I was referring to raamv's comments.

And this is not the first time this has happened: bb/viewtopic.php?t=20578&highlight=cfi

Jason

raamv

Post by raamv » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:34 am

Jason Wright wrote:
Yes Hank, I think you gave him a hint with good intentions! I was referring to raamv's comments.

And this is not the first time this has happened: bb/viewtopic.php?t=20578&highlight=cfi

Jason
Hiya Idiot...or stupid..whichever ya wanna call ya.
where did he say that he was doing it face to face? and how in anyone's mind these days did ya get that teaching is done face to face..especially private tutoring!! Located in jyvaskyla was posted later!! so dont start with F'cking with the facts..
Hey nitwit...if a Finn dont know english,..he needs to offer it in Finnish!! or Swedish ..considering the fact that n immigrant aint moving to the US...if they came from there..
How come I am able to have a great job and the time to ask these questions than some of the idiots who think that they re their own boss but dont have time..Its their inefficiency!! not mine
U made the mistake of advertising a site that tried to lure people to a bloody blog on business B*!"#¤% that had nothing to do with starting a business which you claimed to do so!! BTW..which part of that starting a business have you updated as you said that you'd do?
Hey pea brain ...this is the culture here...and if you think that many re straightforward, and cuthroat in their attitude...its the culture here..rather than sweetening a bad thing..I was respectful until you got offended by my remarks about your page and askign questions about a service..
Just bocs someone wanna give a service ( where is that original poster who has not bothered to answer anything at all)
doesnt mean it cant be questioned
its like some selling a used bike...if you dont tell anything about it...how can you sell it..
Might as well post a bike for sale..missing everything cept the handlebar..
Use your brains before you post....or be preapared to use it for arguments like this :twisted: :twisted:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:17 am

Ooohh, somebodys got a case of the mondays
Cheers, Hank W.

raamv

Post by raamv » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:08 am

Hank W. wrote:Ooohh, somebodys got a case of the mondays

my tolerance level at that time was going down with replying to many posts and the alcohol level was also increasing!! :roll: :wink:

Jason Wright

Post by Jason Wright » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:57 pm

raamv wrote:
Jason Wright wrote:

Jason
Hiya Idiot...or stupid..whichever ya wanna call ya.
where did he say that he was doing it face to face? and how in anyone's mind these days did ya get that teaching is done face to face..especially private tutoring!! Located in jyvaskyla was posted later!! so dont start with F'cking with the facts..
Hey nitwit...if a Finn dont know english,..he needs to offer it in Finnish!! or Swedish ..considering the fact that n immigrant aint moving to the US...if they came from there..
How come I am able to have a great job and the time to ask these questions than some of the idiots who think that they re their own boss but dont have time..Its their inefficiency!! not mine
U made the mistake of advertising a site that tried to lure people to a bloody blog on business B*!"#¤% that had nothing to do with starting a business which you claimed to do so!! BTW..which part of that starting a business have you updated as you said that you'd do?
Hey pea brain ...this is the culture here...and if you think that many re straightforward, and cuthroat in their attitude...its the culture here..rather than sweetening a bad thing..I was respectful until you got offended by my remarks about your page and askign questions about a service..
Just bocs someone wanna give a service ( where is that original poster who has not bothered to answer anything at all)
doesnt mean it cant be questioned
its like some selling a used bike...if you dont tell anything about it...how can you sell it..
Might as well post a bike for sale..missing everything cept the handlebar..
Use your brains before you post....or be preapared to use it for arguments like this :twisted: :twisted:
raamv, your words tell so much about you and your lack of character.

But I wouldn't expect anything else from you!

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:20 am

Jason Wright wrote:raamv, your words tell so much about you and your lack of character.
But I wouldn't expect anything else from you!
good for you..for I dont really care what you expect...This is Finland..where expectations are 0!! Hopes are high and Characters are not worth lacking!! :twisted: