job in kokkola?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:35 pm

vincebel wrote:And yeah I blame the administration because the forget to make me fill a european paper.
Ah no, you don't understand "Finnish administration" - they tell you nothing -unless you ask. You are supposed to know everything, and know what to ask. Theres a lot of things "everybody knows but nobody tells you" - as "everybody knows. So you're supposed to know about EU papers...

...didn't you see in the hospital when they fed the baby the big encyclopedia book of "things everybody knows in Finland" - it causes a lot of babies unsettled stomach, thats why they cry a lot ;)

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vincebel

Post by vincebel » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:54 pm

I have learnt that in Finland YOU need to look up things and check if you have filled out all the forms or registered in the right places. If YOU dont do it, you will find out weeks or months later from KELA (or insert any governmental agency).
yeah thats why i came on this forum to find answers and hopefully i found some. now i know what to do thanks

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:23 am

vincebel wrote:
I have learnt that in Finland YOU need to look up things and check if you have filled out all the forms or registered in the right places. If YOU dont do it, you will find out weeks or months later from KELA (or insert any governmental agency).
yeah thats why i came on this forum to find answers and hopefully i found some. now i know what to do thanks
Thats really brave to admit...you'll survive!! :wink: :wink:
Another thing in Finland: if you dot know...ask anyone anywhere anytime!!
as thats one of the main ways to get a yes or a no..
A no is better to move on to the next...
and a yes leads to more questions :roll:

vincebel

Post by vincebel » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:00 am

thats true but how should i know that i have to ask this or this?

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:19 am

vincebel wrote:

thats true but how should i know that i have to ask this or this?
intuition!! :wink: :roll:

debonaire

Post by debonaire » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:53 pm

Hank W. wrote:OK, so here we see DMC's, Debonaires and all the rest of the positive thinkers' success story of "life in the boonies" in Finland unravelling slowly.

You, "positive thinkers" you know who you are, all you DMC and Debonaire and all you rest "never had a problem" people now help him out. Give your "positivete action" ideas to him. You tell people to go ahead and move to the boonies without any idea of a job. Just move to the hot blondes farm! Why is he then whining over KELA benefits? You positive idiots make the magic work for him now! PROVE ME YOU ARE RIGHT! Can you? OR DOES THIS, ONCE AGAIN, PROVE *ME* RIGHT?
Don't you worry you old hag...You have been drained of all your positive energy and you have nothing constructive to offer as you are sweating profusely with neagtive,cynical thinking...I have already recommended YOGA for you...It will definitely help you..
I for one,will definitely give him some positive action plans rather than making his life miserable,in which you are an expert, by going on to slaughter his confidence and morale in finding a job at Kokkola...He needs "positive" thinking and a "can do" attitude,which he surely has,besides having a good plan of approach so as to get a job...

First things first... Vince,get yourself a social security number from the maistraati...then, register yourself as an unemployed jobseeker to the local employment office and get enrolled in the integration plan...Be alert in looking out for jobs which do not demand knowledge of finnish language and get hold of whatever comes your way in the begining...It can help you in spreading your network,in finding new contacts which,inturn,can help you in finding a job matching your profile...and if you have time,get enrolled in a finnish language course...

As for you HANk,you have already been proven WRONG on another thread dealing with job issues...

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:25 pm

You are giving the wrong advice, as usual, as you don't *know* anything... and I have never been proven wrong.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

kawamotokid

Post by kawamotokid » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:03 pm

I would have to agree with debonaire on this one. Keep looking try and try again and all going well you will get something. I got a good number here working full time and I dont speak a lick of Finnish.
I also live in quite a rural town.
Make contacts, arrange meetings give them ideas of what you can do for them and see what happens. Be adaptive and dont give up.
Granted every individual situation is different but surely that can also work to every individuals advantage?
The job wont come to you so go it and if needs be Good luck though!

vincebel

Post by vincebel » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:07 pm

ok thanks again for the positive attitude even if I have to agree that Hank was very helpful about the things to do for my situation.
I m already studying finnish since I arrived and I can speak slowly and make myself understood but I can barely understand what people say because of speed and slang words (especially in Kokkola).

Now I just wait for the administration to give me the GO to register to an unemplyment office and do the integration plan.

Btw I found a job for the two next weeks (Ok its cash hand and so illegal but I dont care)

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:15 pm

and so illegal but I dont care
Don't get caught, it will make all the paperwork much more complex :twisted:

blaugrau

Post by blaugrau » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:18 pm

debonaire wrote:First things first... Vince,get yourself a social security number from the maistraati...then, register yourself as an unemployed jobseeker to the local employment office and get enrolled in the integration plan...
this advice has been given already a few pages ago (as well as in the other thread), i don't see what your positive attitude adds to this really.

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:02 am

What positive attitude? Those are things that everyone MUST do anyways.. ( Getting a SSN is a must and so is registration at maistraatti)

vincebel

Post by vincebel » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:57 am

What positive attitude? Those are things that everyone MUST do anyways.. ( Getting a SSN is a must and so is registration at maistraatti)
yeah i know i did it 10 weeks ago but at least hes positive. Two differents ways to say the same thing but the positive one is better

debonaire

Post by debonaire » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:10 pm

Hank W. wrote:You are giving the wrong advice, as usual, as you don't *know* anything... and I have never been proven wrong.
Ofcorse you would definitely term it as wrong advises...Anything positive to you is bound to make you blind and rattle your dark senses...After all,you are the Prince of Darkness...
he is doing what he needs to do and its always better to do it with positive attitude rather than sulking at the thought of failure putting away any chance of getting through with the difficulties...
Hank,my friend,i know its difficult to admit failures but you can always take comfort by blaming the pathetic prevalent conditions...so take it easy...Not your fault that you have been proven wrong...Its just the bloody SYSTEM...

debonaire

Post by debonaire » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:23 pm

blaugrau wrote:
debonaire wrote:First things first... Vince,get yourself a social security number from the maistraati...then, register yourself as an unemployed jobseeker to the local employment office and get enrolled in the integration plan...
this advice has been given already a few pages ago (as well as in the other thread), i don't see what your positive attitude adds to this really.
Ok...so the advise has already been given...good to know that.But I really didn't have to pay any tax to offer it again..
and you always seem to be highlighting only the positive attitude..How long will it take for you to understand that its just one of the major factors which can help him overcoming the problems....But I guess you would rather suggest him to do it with defeatist attitude,which would eventually turn out against him...Dude, enthusiasm matters and its been scietifically proven that people tend to be more successful with their efforts when they are enthusiastic about it, when it is coupled with other important attributes...Try to get the bigger picture...positive attitude alone is not sufficient but it certainly matters when combined with a person's capabilities,qualifications and skills...