Lahti

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
suomi_heater

Lahti

Post by suomi_heater » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:19 pm

Hi,

How's life in Lahti? Is the locals friendly?
Might move to Lahti soon...

Suomi_Heater

Lahti

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

amberpatomo

Post by amberpatomo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:06 am

I'm an american but I lived in Lahti for 2 years and actually loved it. If you are a walker and enjoy the outdoors then you will like it there.

I like Lahti because you have they city and the country mixed. I had a friend tell me once that Lahti is Finland's Chicago (lots of factories, shops, houses, apartments, recreation and etc.)

Where are you from? I read on an old post that you work for a finnish company. What company in Lahti? My husband is looking for a job there.

Regarding the locals??? I had a good experience with socializing. Many people on this forum have experienced otherwise. I am a very outgoing person so since I liked to talk then people talked back. I don't drink and I don't go to the clubs so I think I did well without a lot of public type events.

For example, when I would go on the bus or the clinic I often tried to strike up a conversation. It didn't always happen but often it did.

odon

Re: Lahti

Post by odon » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:30 pm

[quote="suomi_heater"]Hi,

How's life in Lahti? Is the locals friendly?
Might move to Lahti soon...

Suomi_Heater[/quote]

there is no difference between the "locals" anywhere in finland, they are suomalainen......!! and then there is locals in and around keha III and then there are the others...(like in the tv programme Lost)

:wink: