ATTN: Non-Finnish citizen entrepreneurs, help required!

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
jonnu_isoviita

Post by jonnu_isoviita » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 pm

Greetings!

I am a student in Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, studying International Business (BBA). Currently, I am in the middle of writing a Bachelor's Thesis on Immigrant Entrepreneurship in Finland and require input of a few more entrepreneurs for my study.

The study is concentrated on the driving forces for immigrant entrepreneurs to establish new businesses in the 21st centrury Finland. The study does not concentrate on the business itself and the company, but the aim to shed light on the topic through the entrepreneur's story.

I am looking for non-Finnish citizen entrepreneurs to interview for approximately 30 minutes. The form of the company can be anything, but the business should have been established between the years 2000 and 2007, and located in the Helsinki-Region (Helsinki-Espoo-Vantaa-Kauniainen). I would be really interested to discuss with someone who has migrated from Asia. I can email the questions and the areas of discussion pre-interview on request.

If you are an immigrant entrepreneur, have started your own business within the last 7 years or have just decided to start-up a business, please contact me ASAP via email or phone and we can set up and interview anywhere you like. I would appreciate your input immensely.

With gratitute,

Joanna Isoviita
BBA-Student
tel. 040-500 7652
email. [email protected]

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Mook

Post by Mook » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:03 pm

Speak to Haaga-Helia's IT director. He also runs a business importing food from Italy :-)

http://www.mazzoni-trading.fi/

karel

Post by karel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:43 pm

I'm not sure if your idea needs to be "unique", but awhile ago I did a similar interview with another guy about the same subject, the same motivation, etc. etc.

bb/viewtopic.php?p=206982&highlight=#206982

jonnu_isoviita

Post by jonnu_isoviita » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:43 pm

karel wrote:I'm not sure if your idea needs to be "unique", but awhile ago I did a similar interview with another guy about the same subject, the same motivation, etc. etc.

bb/viewtopic.php?p=206982&highlight=#206982
My idea was "unique" at least when I had the topic approved (over a year ago). It doesn't bother me that research has been done about it by another student. Actually, it works in my advantage. ;)

Karel, if you have established a business between 2000 and 2007 in Helsinki-region and have a foreign passport, you'd qualify for an interviewee perfectly and I would really appreaciate it. If you have time to chat for about 30 mins at some point, say next week, I would gladly buy you that sprite... or two. :)

Send me a private message if this is okay with you.
Mook wrote:Speak to Haaga-Helia's IT director. He also runs a business importing food from Italy :-)

http://www.mazzoni-trading.fi/

Good idea otherwise, but his business was established in 1994, which unfortunately excludes him.

jackieng

Post by jackieng » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:41 am

there is going to be a entrepreneur group meet-up in Helsinki maybe you may contact them for the interview.

http://entrepreneur.meetup.com/1320/

jonnu_isoviita

Post by jonnu_isoviita » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:44 am

jackieng wrote:there is going to be a entrepreneur group meet-up in Helsinki maybe you may contact them for the interview.

http://entrepreneur.meetup.com/1320/
That's a very good idea, thank you for the tip. :)

jonnu_isoviita

Post by jonnu_isoviita » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:56 am

up!