I hate the weather here!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:02 pm

superiorinferior wrote:
jazzori wrote:I think you have no idea of how "much" money i earn over here :) I mean, it's about choosing: that light-thinggie this month *OR* a pair of water-proof pants, for example, for the snowish or rainish days in the near future. I will freaking freeze.
Well, I have gotten by in Finland for the past umpteen years without once, a single time, wearing water-proof pants. Although I don't work outdoors, do you?

I would think that if you became less depressed due to the light you could wait a month to get the pants. But that would only be my priority, not yours.

Good luck.
Maybe it has less to do with keeping the water outside than...

Get in there...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

llewellyn

Post by llewellyn » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:01 pm

The effect might be more psychological than real but I have now taken for the past three years a daily dosage of B vitamin and fish oil during the darkest months, and it has really felt better. Well, I'm not the person I used to be: earlier the climate didn't affect me one way or the other, but these days this cursed period from late October to February is quite dismal. I think the absence of light is the worst thing, it would be really nice to have oldfashioned winters with snow and dry cold...

poule

i hate the weather

Post by poule » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:11 pm

Hi pinja,
I know what you mean, I moved here too 8 months ago, but I am up North. And now its great, snow 30/35cm -6, Nearly the whole summer and autum it rained. But you get used to it believe me. And as they said soon the spring will come and you can enjoy the long summer evenings and nights.
You must give Finland some credit for its beauty, so green thanks to the Rain,

Cheer up,
Poule

Juha H.

Post by Juha H. » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:28 pm

Poule, do you ever say as another southerner said: "The white winter is much worse than the green winter"?

poule

I hate the weather

Post by poule » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi juha,
now why would I say something like that? please explain.
Poule

Juha H.

Re: I hate the weather

Post by Juha H. » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:38 am

poule wrote:Hi juha,
now why would I say something like that? please explain.
Poule
The saying is an old joke and it is probably against the law now to refer to the colour of the people who may have said so. Even though you are probably not one of those people, some other "southerners" might. (No offence to anybody.)

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:25 pm

superiorinferior wrote: Apparently your mother can just go into a pharmacy.. :wink: So you're in KELA limbo, eh? I can't help much there, but I would advise against self medicating without the help of at least a physician (better would be a person with some knowledge about mental health as well as an MD). Maybe your prescription isn't quite right?

Wouldn't there be some (cheap) way of getting seen by a doctor here? Anyone know about this?
:) Fortunatelly, I take the right medication. I have taken this before, when I was in my own country, but after a time I didn't need it anymore. So, there was a prescription for it after a medical check-up back home..
But without my presence there, i'm helpless. Can't get any prescription again, therefore I can't buy those meds...
Once again, mom took care of it. What a luck! I felt like going crazy! :?

I lamented myself all over the forums about my 8 "busless" kms distance from the smallest town near us, so every move i want to take is a favour from my boss ( giving me a ride to the town, therefore to the doctor ). Also, during the week-days I work and he works so i rather not ask for favours. That's why i will wait till the summer when I'll be in between jobs maybe and i will have the time (...perhaps other location to live) to visit a doc here. Till then.. i hope nothing wrong will happen. :roll:

About working outside, actually i don't, but I have to go out at least an hour everyday with the kid i'm "nannying" :D We live in a farm, there's mud, there's ...everything, plus the damn wind :)

Yeah, if someone knows how much would cost a medical check-up without Kela, i'd appreciate the info...
Free your mind and the rest will follow!