Lost on the metro

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Rosamunda

Lost on the metro

Post by Rosamunda » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:07 pm

One of mine left his swimming kit on the metro a couple of days ago.
I was planning on walking in to the Lost Property office to claim his stuff BUT I am confused about the location. In the YTV book it says Mäkelänkatu 56, but on their website it says Katajanokka :? But Mäkelänkatu is in Pasila. Anyone know where the actual walk-in and collect place is? Are there long queues? Do they really find stuff or am I wasting my time? Or is it better to fork out the 2€ and do an on-line search?

Lost on the metro

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:05 pm

I remember loosing both my wedding and engagement ring last year in a train. That was realy stupid but I was putting hand cream, removed my rings and nearly missed my stop so I got off the train quickly to realize that my rings must have fallen when I got up.

We went to the lost and found office in Pasila and got the wedding ring back, no waiting time and they did have it. No sign of the engagement ring though (which was weird as the wedding ring was much more valuable).

chickensexer

Post by chickensexer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:53 am

I left my (only) phone in an airplane and got it back from their Mäkelänktu office. Had to pay 17 euros though. No wait. Another time I lost my gloves in a tram, went there again and went through dozens of baskets filled with gloves and mittens. Didn't find mine. :cry:

I guess you can call them, describe what you are missing and they might give you a hint right away.