NO LONGER NEEDING PLAYERS

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
MagicJ

Re: New Football Team - Want to play? We need players...

Post by MagicJ » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:11 pm

If ever you fancy getting some extra practice in or arranging a friendly game the team/teams i play in with chubbyp, salopian, simon, and catfish78 would be up for a game i'm sure.
Or, if you're practising/playing somewhere in Helsinki and need to make up the numbers (even at the last minute) give us a call. Me, chubbyp and salopian have played 5 times this week so we're always willing to play (futsal/training/11 a side).

Don't worry we're not very good (well those two aren't anyway :wink: )

ImageImage

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

catfish78

Post by catfish78 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:23 pm

Watch out for Chubbyp, he spends 3/4 of the time offsides.
**** that and **** you

ChubbyPoacher

Post by ChubbyPoacher » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:43 pm

catfish78 wrote:Watch out for Chubbyp, he spends 3/4 of the time offsides.
You're still smarting from the 'picking the ball out of the net' practice I gave you last week, eh? :D
Image Image

JD_Helsinki

Post by JD_Helsinki » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:39 pm

Thanks for all the replies, glad that it seems there are some players out there if we do start to get the ball rolling. my situation in finland is that i will be here for quite a while yet to say the least...i do have a background in playing in some ok teams back home but as i said in my earlier message i have never coached a team before so all i can say is i will try my best. but busy this weekend but i will leave a more in depth post about what i think we should do on monday or something, in the meantime how about everyone that is interested in laying leave me an 'im in' or whatever post and i can see what kind of numbers we have already. doesnt matter if you arent able to train just yet or something, just that you are definately interested....

ormeau

Post by ormeau » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:32 pm

Im in. Looking forward to it!

JD_Helsinki

Post by JD_Helsinki » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 pm

bit dissapointed that in the last few days since i put up the post asking for an online show of hands that only 1 person has said they are definately interested. hope it just means nobody has been on the board over the weekend! i have in the last few days made some enquiries into potentialy entering into one of helsinki's amateur leagues and also had a look at some of the available training pitches etc. also made some calls regarding some more advanced issues like how much to put together a full squad kit and other necessary items needed for starting our potential new club. hope that more of you will show interest and give an 'im in' over the next few days and weeks.....at first i was a little unsure about starting a new squad and taking on coaching the team etc. but now i have planted the seed in my mind and had a good think about it, i recon it could be good and if nothing else a lot of fun and the chance for us to get out there and play some football.

Hope to hear from more of you really soon....of course every nationality welcome. lets get the ball rolling and start Helsinki's most cultured international team ever fielded!!!

Nordisch

Post by Nordisch » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:16 pm

Well, the only reason I didn't say I'm in personally was because of the reasons disclosed on my last past on this thread. For begginers I should also be on that list, but I don't want to rush up a decision that can later backstab the number of people you're counting on. I think it's really good you're taking the initiative and all, one can spot your eagerness, but, you should first have the enough necessary people and only afterwards do such sort of contacts, just so that you don't end up getting disappointed (like you already seem to be).

JD_Helsinki

Post by JD_Helsinki » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:38 am

well dont worry im not trying to get too far ahead of myself, just trying to find out as much information as possible in the hope that when we have eventually got enough people interested i can move forward with procedures as fast as possible. good to know your on board too though, thats 3 of us to play already so far and counting!!........

Salopian

Post by Salopian » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:52 am

Training would be good. I'm interested.

Perhaps MagicJ, ChubbyP, Catfish and Simon would be, too.
Beth? Hä? 什么?

ImageImage

simon

Post by simon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:14 pm

Salopian wrote:Training would be good. I'm interested.

:thumbsup: Depending where and when of course.

ChubbyPoacher

Post by ChubbyPoacher » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:16 pm

If it's in the Helsinki area then I'm up for it.
Image Image

catfish78

Post by catfish78 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:29 pm

simon wrote: :thumbsup: Depending where and when of course.
Ditto
**** that and **** you

MagicJ

Post by MagicJ » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:09 pm

MagicJ wrote:If ever you fancy getting some extra practice in or arranging a friendly game the team/teams i play in with chubbyp, salopian, simon, and catfish78 would be up for a game i'm sure.
Plagiarism!
Salopian wrote:Training would be good. I'm interested.

Oh sorry i thought this was the caption competition. :D
ImageImage

fitzcarraldo

Post by fitzcarraldo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:16 pm

This is all great news guys :thumbsup:

Iuri Tarmulis's original post resulted in about 6 or 7 of us ulkomalainen regularly training on Tuesday evenings throughout the summer in Arabianranta. Our numbers were bolstered by about 10 Finns most of whom used to come every week and we 'd generally play 7 or 8 a side. It stopped as you can imagine in late September when the evenings got shorter.

Even in July last year it was apparent that nothing could be done until at least early 2009 about registering a team etc. So most of us resorted to playing futsal for the winter and plans were in the air about 2009.

The original guys Corey, Michael, Andrea, Gonzalo and myself are still totally interested. I have their email addresses if people want them. Iuri has disappeared back to London for work.

3 of us are playing on the wednesday futsal organised by Irnbru and Im sure we could get a few of the other guys interested too.

So I reckon there are plenty of opportunities to get a squad together. :beer_yum:

Im not a big fan of futsal and much prefer 11 a side but to be honest I had assumed that if I wanted to play any football this winter that it was my only chance. If you guys are training then count me in.

Ken

JD_Helsinki

Post by JD_Helsinki » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:48 pm

excellent everybody. glad that in the last 24 hours we have had such a good response, it seems we are well on the way to having a decent amount of interested squad players. fitzcarraldo thanks for your last post, really helpful and of course if you want to give the email addresses of the other lads you mentioned that would be great. either that or you can contact them yourself and tell them to get in touch with me on here or email me at.. [email protected] if anyone else wants to get in touch with me by email by all means use this address. as I proposed last week now we are seeming to get a good nucleus of players we could perhaps meet up for a chat and a beer or something in the next few weeks. that way we can all get to meet and talk about what training facility would be preferable, what playing positions we have covered with our current guys and hopefully by then I may have some of the paperwork needed to enter a team into one of the amateur leagues in the area. also as I said in earlier posts I would be happy to run training sessions, it will be my first time trying but I have been fortunate to play under some great coaches and managers and hopefully I can use their teachings to help our cause!

In the meantime, keep the 'I’m in's' coming and if you know of any friends that would be interested be sure to give them a call as soon as possible and tell them to get in touch either on here or email me at the fore mentioned email address. might be an idea for you all to drop me an email to say hi anyway, obviously I can’t put my phone number on this public forum but I am happy to give it out to any of you privately over email. that way I can text you etc. with any information and potential meeting arrangements over the coming weeks....

will check the board at least daily, look forward to more interested players.