Aftermarket Performance In Finland

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland

What is your dream car?

Ferrari
17%
Lamborghini
17%
Porsche
67%
Chevrolet Corvette
No votes
Nissan Skyline
No votes

Total votes: 6

turbodank23

Post by turbodank23 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:20 pm

Hi I have been to helsinki a couple of times and i've noticed that aftermarket performance on cars is not as big as the U.S. In my city Harrisburg,PA we have many car shops for upgrading your cars performance and body style. Am I just blind or are they not really any performance shops in helsinki. dan

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
-- Ernest Hemingway

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:39 pm

What do you mean, like places to put a new exhaust on the Toyota? ;)

Mai

Post by Mai » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:53 pm

There is some car enthuastics who do such things as a hobby, but it is not common amongs ordinary folks. Generally we think car is just the way to get around.

And dream car? In Finland definately none of above. I know what my dream car is but i forgot what was the brand and model. I read about it in some car magazine and it was some new car model that just came available. It has both electric and gasoline engine. On city speeds it just uses electric part but on faster speeds it gets extra kick from gasoline motor. And same time it charges the battery, so you don't have to charge it separately. I think it is brilliant idea: you can keep up with the speed on the motorway, gasoline consumption is much less and so is polluting. :D

eric71

Post by eric71 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:58 pm

This type of stuff seems to be getting very popular among young people in the US. Especially Asians in the Bay Area.

http://www.andysautosport.com/

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:00 am

Just go to your local... err R-kioski and buy or just come to my local pub and read the "V8 magazine" ('yankee irons' and hotrods) and "GTI magazine" (teen toyota DX's performance & tuning for the modern shyte). there is 'mobilisti' for those guys that make a 1934 hupmobile look the like it came out from a factory, but I'm more with the tuning part of fvwa.

And yeah, i know a number of tuning shops...
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:03 am

My dream car is made say latest in 1950 without any of your modern idiot safety features, it has parts available and has easy enough mechanics I can take it apart and assemble in the middle of the street with one set of tools and starts in -30c weather. A VW beetle for example.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.