For Sale: Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
Great Scott

Post by Great Scott » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:25 pm

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/audigy2nx/

Bought this a few months ago and used it maybe twice. It's been sitting in my box of unused hardware ever since. I bought it for 189 euros and saw it in the verkkokauppa.com store for 119 today. Selling for 50 euros or best offer. Willing to ship if necessary but preferrably will sell to someone that can meet in Helsinki.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Phil

Post by Phil » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:38 pm

Hey Scott, just wondering, what do these expensive audio add-ons do for a PC? Does it take the place of your sound card? Is it only for people who have surround sound? I've got an okay sound card I guess with 2.1 speakers, what improvements would it give me?

alloydog

Post by alloydog » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:55 pm

Phil wrote:what improvements would it give me?
Well...
soundblaster.com wrote:Audio Playback satisfaction is guaranteed through the advanced audio tools, such as SVM, Audio Clean-up and CMSS 3D that provide incredible control and interaction with any type of audio.
Masterbation for your eardrums, mate ! :shock:
soundblaster.com wrote:The compact and stylish design even allows audio playback to be controlled from a distance using the supplied remote control.
And you don't have to get off yer ärse to pump up the volume ! :roll:

I didn't understand a word of that either :?

Great Scott

Post by Great Scott » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:51 pm

The reason I never bothered to use it is that I only have a 2.1 speaker setup as well. I use a laptop primarily and I wanted to pump up the output. It worked well but I have too many cables lying around that I didn't want to lose another usb port.

Basically it's nothing that you would really NEED, but the sound quality is great. It has audio inputs which work well, a DTS decoder and the like. Plus a whole bunch of other fun stuff. If you don't really know what you would do with it, I'm sure you don't need it any more than I do. I could bring it with me to the States and hook it up to the folks' PC, but I figured I would see if someone here wanted a crack at it first. You would always be first on my list if you were interested though Phil :wink:
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."

Mattlill2000

sound card

Post by Mattlill2000 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:12 pm

Hi, I'm interested. Right now I'm working right downtown Helsinki and have the money ready right now. Phone me. Matti 040 524 5892