Free (almost) accomodation in Johannesburg

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
A11an

Post by A11an » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:05 pm

Would anybody be interested in accomodation in Johannesburg in exchange for accomodation in Finland ? A 3 bedroom house with lockup garage 15km from the airport and close to shopping centres etc. Please e mail/PM me.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

superiorinferior

Post by superiorinferior » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:44 am

Forever?

A11an

Post by A11an » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:03 pm

InitiallyI was thinking more in terms of on an ad hoc/temporary basis BUT "forever" can be VERY possible.

It's a double storey house, with a large veranda, lockup garage, parking for 6 cars, small gardern, downstairs loo, 3 bedrooms upstairs, bathroom upstairs, kitchen, lounge and dinning room downstairs. Within walking distance of schools, shops, and sports facilities. Located in Eastern Jhb, near highways, an established area, lots of greenery and hills. The area is middle class and the service is good. The house is fully serviced by the council with electricity, drinkable water, natural gas, sewage and refuse removal. The cost to run is about 125 Euro a month.

See this site for a pic of house :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/ ... kAug03.jpg

superiorinferior

Post by superiorinferior » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:11 pm

Wow. Big place...

Sorry mate, I guess the "fantasy" of moving to Africa was a little more realistic back when I made my last post on your offer... But with a house like that I bet you'll find somebody willing to trade soon!

cheers

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:13 pm

If this was last year I'd have *gone* already. getting a work permit to ZA is a bit tricky though. All the soutpiels leaving but still...

BTW I have "n kamer vry" if you need to find your bearings in Helsinki area. Cheap. With heating. No kakkerlaks :wink:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

A11an

Post by A11an » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:42 pm

Ok - but if you change your mind let me know, also remember there is no snow down here ;-)

Baie dankie Hank, en hoeveel geld soek jy vir die kamer ?