..com down time...

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
Phil

..com down time...

Post by Phil » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:56 am

Our web host, valuehost.com, have been experiencing some server problems starting over the weekend. Those problems turned into a complete server outage which many of you experienced this morning.

I have talked with them late this morning and they said everything is fixed and back to normal.

..com down time...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:51 pm

I actually had no problems this morning, but Saturday was a disaster. And half of Sunday.
No connection to . whatsoever.

*dramatical voice*
I almost started crying!

:cry:

Juha H.

Post by Juha H. » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:44 pm

I also noticed the problems, but there was something more important, namely the Rally. Here in Central Finland we could listen to FM radio, but the Internet service was at times under such a heavy pressure that that server also went down at least once. They had listeners in Canada, Australia, Russia, Estonia, Germany etc. Anyone among us, apart from me, who listened to the rally commentary?

gavin

Post by gavin » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:57 pm

Juha H. wrote:I also noticed the problems, but there was something more important, namely the Rally. Here in Central Finland we could listen to FM radio, but the Internet service was at times under such a heavy pressure that that server also went down at least once. They had listeners in Canada, Australia, Russia, Estonia, Germany etc. Anyone among us, apart from me, who listened to the rally commentary?
When I was in Malaysia I was in the office working at the time of the British GP. I found pre-race radio coverage on Radio5 (UK) and cranked up the speakers. Unfortunately as the last red light went off for the warm-up lap I got the message that the FIA diesn't allow internet coverage, and that was that. I got live text commantary from the F1 site, but it was so frustrating not to see or hear what turned out to be a great race...

simon

Post by simon » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:15 am

Following on from gavins message. 5 Live has all the radio broadcasts for the football and motor racing and other sports but you can never listen to them over the internet due to broadcasting rights.
In the case of the football to listen to live broadcasts I found that the best way to do this is to go to the clubs own site and they generally have a link to the local radio station that usually covers it.

hth

Charlton for the title you mark my words :wink: