looking job

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Sandyendiny

looking job

Post by Sandyendiny » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:21 am

searching work in finland
Last edited by Sandyendiny on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

looking job

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Flossy1978

Re: Brazilian Woman Searching Work in Finland

Post by Flossy1978 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:50 am

I am sorry, but unless you speak fluent Finnish, you won't be able to work for the Social Services. Especially not with children. And it could be your education might not even be acknowledged here.

And to learn Finnish takes many years. Many many many years. And to get to the level you need to work in Social Services.... A whole lot. What would you do in the 5+ years it'll probably take you in intensive courses to learn the language?

And then if you could even get a job, your employer would need to prove no one else in the entire EU could fill the position of the job if you don't have a residence's permit.

You can't just turn up on a visa and get a job and decide to stay.

Think of your children. Teenagers. If you work in Social Services, you would know it can be the most difficult time in our lives, teenagehood. To uproot them from all they know to live in Finland.... The shock alone could mess them up bad. Especially since they'd know no Finnish and it could take time to learn Finnish and even longer to make friends.

I think you should just keep doing your holidays here. Which in itself is kind of weird. What attracts you to this country? Is it because you were married to a Finn? Your kids are half Finnish? That might get you into the country, but I am not sure. Having half Finnish children, if they have Finnish Passports.

I don't think you'll get to come here, I am sorry. You offer nothing to Finland but the need for Finland to have to support you and spend tax payers' money on you. That's just reality.

Sandyendiny

Searching Work in Finland

Post by Sandyendiny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:30 pm

Last edited by Sandyendiny on Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:02 am

Trying to explain facts is like trying to teach a pig fly, but I will try.

First, you do not look for "any" job, you look a job nobody in the EU is available to do to get a permit. Second, unless you abandon the children, you need a permit for them, so you need to find a job that pays 1000 for you, 500 for the 1st and 400 for the second, so 1900 in hand after taxes.

So, you are looking for a job that pays something like 2700 a month.

Maybe you find a job as the Minister of Social Affairs. The pig will have learned by then also.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sandyendiny

Post by Sandyendiny » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Last edited by Sandyendiny on Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Jesus, you don't like hearing the truth.... Do you?

Now I get it....

Your friend came here and magically got a job easily.... So you think you can do the same thing?

I knew there had to be some reason.

There is no way Finland is being advertised as giving jobs in other countries, other than probably nursing. When the country is sinking into an economic crisis.

Obviously you DON'T read the news. Do you not know the EU is suffering from an economic crisis??? Finland is now beginning to head down the same pathway as many of the other countries in this EU. The other day 700 workers were just laid off from one company. Nokia is laying off workers constantly too. So you think you can turn up here and just get a job easily, cause you had one friend do it?

So yes, I do know what I am talking about. And so does the other poster who replied to you. You just want to hear what you want to hear.... 'yes, come here, get a job easily.... You'll do well here and get a job paying you loads' bla bla bla......

Wake up and smell the roses. You can't just decide to move here. It doesn't matter WHAT job you want to do. If you were a nurse, you might through an agency have a slight chance of getting here. But that is about it. You won't get a job in social services or almost any other job. Your English isn't even very good, so you couldn't even get a job based on it. And especially with NO Finnish - no job.

Welcome to the real world. Don't like what you read, maybe think about it, rather than being defensive and nasty.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:22 pm

And how are you going to even get a Residence Permit that will give you the opportunity to even come here?

You can't turn up with a Visa and magically get a job and then apply for a Permit to live here. That's illegal and it won't happen.

hollydolly

Post by hollydolly » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:05 pm

I have only read but not said any thing as there are many naive ppl asking the same question all the time.

To Pursuivant and Fossy1978, you both are so kind to give lesson for free for those who want to pay with their money. If they dont want to listen, there is no point to keep explaining. They may want to play lottery, they can win if they are lucky enough, but they also can lose and that is their choices as they want to pay for the lesson that some one giving for free.

To Sandyendiny: I guess that you already know the probability to win in lottery :) but remember you may lose so much more than in normal lottery. If you can handle the worst situation, then do what you want!

Ice_Man

Post by Ice_Man » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:51 pm

1 in 8 Helsinki residents are non-Finnish speaking. This is forecast to increase to 1 in 5 by 2030. Many of whom are from outside the EU - in particular Russia. Not saying it's an easy ride to get here. But the stats show it is possible ?

http://yle.fi/uutiset/helsinkis_foreign ... le/6878517

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:07 pm

just busting your bubble by posting a link to today's news. I believe foreign websites/news papers full of "all is good in Finland" and "Finland is among top 10/number 1 in x, y, z" won't publish these stories at all.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/jobseekers_now_st ... er/6891228
The average length of unemployment was 43 weeks last year – three weeks longer than in 2011. During this year’s first quarter, the figure fell to 42 weeks.

Getting back to work is particularly difficult for over-55s, who stay out of work for just over a year and a half on average. Young jobseekers tend to be out of the job market for a comparatively shorter three months.

Workforce numbers have gone down in all sectors of the job market, notably heavy industry, services and local authorities. However the construction industry has not suffered as badly as some analysts expected.

Ministry of Employment researcher Heikki Räisänen said that every week spent unemployed has a deep impact both on society and the economy.

”We’re talking about a cost of tens of millions of euros every week, running to hundreds of millions each year,” Räisänen said.

One knock-on effect is that queues at Helsinki’s job centres have been getting longer this year, with thousands of new jobseekers swelling client numbers.

The new figures also show that young, well educated women are particularly prone to being excluded from the job market, with the number of jobseekers in this group growing 80,000 within a year.

The reason for this particular spike is not yet clear, says researcher Heikki Räisänen, but many jobseekers will have to look at acquiring new skills or moving to an area with better employment prospects.

“The workforce does not currently meet the demands of the job market, meaning that half of all jobless people are difficult to employ without further training, or perhaps changing profession completely,” Räisänen said.

Ministry of Employment figures put the number of unemployed at 300,000. New figures are to be published next week.
We should have a thread titled "not-so-awesome-news-from-Finland-you-never-read" linked to all reality based news.

NB: scew you phone grammar.
Image Image

Tullynessle Turnip

Post by Tullynessle Turnip » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:29 pm

We need a nice pretty Brazilian woman to clear the snow each winter as Finns are too darned lazy to do it themselves.

By the way Pouttu meat firm in Kannus sells Brazilian chicken - 50% water you notice once it's in the frying pan. I wonder what conditions are like in a Brazilian abattoir? Hygienic?

I'd say yes, hardworking Brazilians welcome to Finland - for every one that comes in perhaps Finland could send one gipsy to Brazil? They'd like it there, nice and warm.

Redshift

Post by Redshift » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Oombongo wrote:just busting your bubble by posting a link to today's news. I believe foreign websites/news papers full of "all is good in Finland" and "Finland is among top 10/number 1 in x, y, z" won't publish these stories at all.

We should have a thread titled "not-so-awesome-news-from-Finland-you-never-read" linked to all reality based news.
Very true. Finland is often portrayed in other countries as a best-in-everything paradise. But they don't bother to know the actual situation of the country. A bit like what I saw happening regarding Iceland and the banking collapse. Lot's of news about Iceland not bailing the banks, jailing the culprits, citizens rising to take lead of the country, etc. Well... not really...

Sandyendiny

Post by Sandyendiny » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:33 pm

Sandyendiny

Post by Sandyendiny » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:33 pm

Sandyendiny

Post by Sandyendiny » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:35 pm