Working in Finland

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
pradeep1001

Working in Finland

Post by pradeep1001 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi,

I am currently in Finland with student visa. However i attended an interview and now they are ready to offer me a full time job in Finland.

Is it possible for me to convert my residence permit to work permit and also continue my studies part time?
Should i need to quit my studies?
There is no option i can convert to work permit?

I could not find these details in the immigration website or elsewhere.
Kindly help.

Thanks

Working in Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Working in Finland

Post by rinso » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:21 am

With a student RP you can work up to 25 hours per week. More than that and you violate your RP conditions.
If you take the job you have to change your RP. But there might be some problems:
- your new RP might be refused (job contract doesn't qualify, job is not offered to EU candidates and so on)
- you might not start working before you get the new RP (not sure about that)
- if you quit your study (or kicked out) you might not be able to get in again. (places will be reserved for new students)

But as long as you have a RP (old or new) you can continue your study. (combining a full time job with a full time study of course is a challenge in itself)

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:03 am

Also, if you then lose your job, as you haven't been full-time studying and not have enough credits, theres no going back onto a student permit...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

rosyl_0817

Post by rosyl_0817 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:37 am

Hello, any update from you?
Did u apply work permi or did u got ur work permit?