Job Seekers Beware Please Read!!!!

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Jetsun

Post by Jetsun » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:55 pm

I am a local running a small business and I am aware of a part -time job near Kamppi which might appear on this forum very soon. I know the Employer through my business and we are considering legal action due to pay owed and other (not to mention the awful way we were treated dealing with this person) I cannot name or properly identify the person for obviuos reasons but if any of you are offered a job and any of these details ring the bell do not accept no matter how broke you are...contact me in private with employer's details and I will let you know yes or no if its the same person.

- Job is home help/aupair type related, either part-time live out or live in (for bed and food only, room to share).

- Employer is female ex TV personality in her early 50's. Has partner who lives in London and who studies for art degree.
They have daughter about 12 or 13 who has psychiatric disorder and can be challenging, lives between both parents. They are both different nationalities, neither of them is Finnish.

- The home is small 'kaksio' with sit-in kitchen near Kamppi. No pets in the house. House is full of new-age knickknacks and exotic plants. Very untidy with computers eg on floor and often food left sitting to rot for days.

-Employer has many different health problems she talks about all the time and in graphic detail. She is often unable to go shopping and will call you to get her shopping in your own time at no extra pay. Ofent calls late at night as has no one else to talk to.

- Employer speaks about 8 languages but has very poor English . She dresses very eccentric and flamboyant, is chatty and loud and can appear super-friendly , offering food and drink (gets aggressive if someone refuses). She often asks for advice like if a dress suits her or asks for help with beauty tasks such as shaving legs or applying cream eg ..she has generally very few boundaries with strangers.

-Often has violent arguments with daughter and partner in front of others,even in street, often lashes out at people.

-Will contantly moan that she has no money for things like milk and try to get out of paying wages.

We had words with her as we are unable to provide a personal beautician and best friend service and she has stopped paying us (we have a huge financial loss) as well as spreading lies via internet about us. luckily the recipients were on our side as they know how unstable she is.

contact me if you have offered a job there and I will let you know.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Jetsun

Re: Job Seekers Beware Please Read!!!!

Post by Jetsun » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:38 am

Have some good news, the forum has deleted the person's account, she actually has been a member of this forum. She will not be able to post the job anymore and I have also given her real name, phone no, workplace, emails and home address to the forum administrators so they are keeping out watch for any new members posting a job with these details.

I am in the middle of getting legal action taken out but as a person with little income I am relying on community legal help and have to wait until service is back on after the holidays. I have been left completely out of pocket because of this lady and things are very difficult. This is why I don't want anyone else to be abused by her, especially not a newcomer to this country who really needs a job and might think her behaviour is ok, it is NOT!

She will still be able to browse this forum and reply to jobseekers via private email or phone no. Anyone of you if you get a weekend job offer by sms or email and the sender/caller mentions this forum watch out.
I cannot identify this lady but read this:

- Job starts on the 11./12. January or weekends thereafter. Usually 2-3 paid hours a week, not every week. Some times weekday work required start before 7 am at very short notice.

-Apartment is on 3rd floor on main street in Ullanlinna. Nearest tram stop is Neitsypolku. Block is situated in a small park.

- Employer is early 50's appears a lot older but acts very childish and immature (chatty, giggles a lot, points to boy bands on tv and says 'he's real hot' eg) She looks quite unusual with bright purple/red dyed hair. The house is full of half-built furniture, bags of clothing and makeup she buys and then leaves in the bags. She also is very new agey and will sometimes send you home 'because your aura is not positive today'. There is a strong odour of rotting garbage and sweaty clothes in the house as she is often 'lazy' as she puts it and leaves fruit peel and laundry under the bed. When I worked there I had to have a full shower and wash all my clothes including coat on coming home! Even the paperbacks I was carrying to read on the train journey picked up the smell!!!

-Employer wears an old-fashioned type wind-up hearing aid.

-Her phone no ends with the digits 33 as the last 2 digits.

-Sleeps in a hospital-type bed adjustable via electric keypad, unusual for able bodied person of this age.

- Will want to employ a female preferably of European origin. Will ask at the Interview if you are single and live alone (she wants a friend to mop up the mess she makes 24/7 and be able to call late at night with her problems. If one actually gives her advice she loses her temper and curses and lashes out).

If she contacts you or you get incontact with her somehow please let me know ...also if you have worked for her before let me know in confidence, she has told me she got rid of several workers, pulled one's hair as she polished the kitchen tap and said 'don't make it glossy, but get rid of the smell' she thinks its ok to physically abuse people.

contact me if this sounds familiarto you...

Brent

Post by Brent » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:03 pm

This !"#¤% is really scary and weird. Somewhat sounds like a movie. I hope those who are desperate for a job won't fall into that trap.

cors187

Post by cors187 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Maybe someone wants the challenge and complete the tasks leaving the old bag with 2 choices.
1. she can sniff around for the next 20 years finding immigrants also sniffing about offering crap for crap .Horaay old bag , its like your crapping in your bed.
or
2. she finally learns what premium means and pays upfront.

Jetsun

Post by Jetsun » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:15 pm

Only to explain, I have given the description of the person and character traits and of the apartment to warn other people and maybe to hear from previous workers, Not to criticise her. I don't care about hairstyle or music likes of a client myself, its just someone who gives out work and we get paid, its not to make best friends!

I cannot post the person's full name , full contact details and full address on this public forum although admin has this info to stop her from posting under a new account. And I am sure there are several higher earning foreigners around the Kamppi area who maybe posting small jobs on here and they are of course not this person and are ok to work for. The facts I have posted are what one will instantly notice when entering this home so if people are faced with this situation they can just change their minds. I have to say when we took on the job in January 2013 the situation was not as bad and her behaviour got progressively worse when her daughter was diagnosed with an eating disorder (likely the stress of living in that house part-time) and then she was told in the summer that her work contract will be terminated and not renewed in Spring 2014 most likely due to her being difficult to work with( with that feedback finding a new one is not easy) also she speaks very poor English and no Swedish or Finnish. The family are not registered with KELA, the daughter is receiving care from an independent alternative practicioner at the cost of 700e a month and the mother's health issues go untreated. She has told me all this and moans she has no money for milk, yes pays a service to hang up her washing and vacuum her tiny flat! She has very poor life skills and is unable to cope with the simplest things ie she got a letter addressed to the previous tenant of her flat and got agitated, I asked her to contact Maistratti to take the lady of the list she moved 2010! and repost the letter with a written note 'Not at this address' and she went mental at me pushing fist under my chin and screaming' You stupid little...you are giving me HOMEWORK TO DO ! I will make your face unrecognizeable! I am intelligent and have been on TV, you are nothing...'all with her poor underage daughter cowering in a corner.'

I have informed youth services about the daughter being in a bad situation and they hopefully will act. The main thing is that I did lots of unpaid hours as she kept making me wait for her to be ready, often cancelling personal commitments to keep this contract and when I asked her to stick to the business and not expect me to be her friend as I have my own family/friends who need me as well as other work she insulted me nonstop for 30 mins and terminated the contract 4 weeks early without informing me (she send another client a message peppered with lies saying she wanted to punish us) and I waited for her call for 4 weekends keeping them free, not getting any other work instead, now 300 e out of pocket including the times I was sent home unpaid due to 'my aura being imbalanced' or her 'having women's problems', does not know how to use a phone it seems! I had paid the ticket from Sipoo area, made a loss there...now struggling to feed myself as her money was my main income. Only found out 4 weeks later when the client who got the message told me, he is also furious, and he says he will back up my claims if he needs to!

She also refused to give recommendations and to give a statement how much she was paying therefore I lost a chance of a funded training course as could not prove my income. Now I am trying to get the funding back and proving that this was her doing not mine. She said if it comes to legal action she will say that I asked to get paid under the table as I am up to some kind of fraud (not true of course). I have witnessed her behaviour and communication with other people, her daughter, her partner via skype, shop staff (she paid me in 50'seven the price was less than half and asked me to take the rest as a 'loan until next week' but I did not agree as cannot guarantee safekeeping of clients' money) and she would go into local shops to get change and a car hire firm in Brussels who billed her for hiring a car and not turning up without calling them, she is a very unstable person completely out of touch with reality and a car crash waiting to happen, she should be in a safe place for the safety of others and her own.

Jetsun

Post by Jetsun » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:41 pm

to make sure other people advertising jobs in Helsinki are not mistaken for my ex client here are some definite facts:

the lady mentioned in my post is from a small Balkan country. She uses her daughter's father's surname which is a common Cypriot family name. Her first name is also quite unusual, it is also a country, and definitely unusual in the Balkans, maybe an artists name as she used to be a TV presenter in her country in the 1980's. She is an only child, always talking about her parents who are still back home growing veg to sell at the roadside to survive. Her daughter is actually 15 or 16, also appears older, much taller than her mother. The apartment is less than 50 sqm with the kitchen used as a living room. She speaks very poor English and no Finnish/Swedish. No household pets. No car in household.

The job will only be on at weekends, and not every weekend, most likely to end in May 2014.

if you are offered a job and you are in any doubt if its her just mail me and I will tell you.

sonshitsu

Post by sonshitsu » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:42 am

Jetsun wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:55 pm
I am a local running a small business and I am aware of a part -time job near Kamppi which might appear on this forum very soon. I know the Employer through my business and we are considering legal action due to pay owed and other (not to mention the awful way we were treated dealing with this person) I cannot name or properly identify the person for obviuos reasons but if any of you are offered a job and any of these details ring the bell do not accept no matter how broke you are...contact me in private with employer's details and I will let you know yes or no if its the same person.

- Job is home help/aupair type related, either part-time live out or live in (for bed and food only, room to share).

- Employer is female ex TV personality in her early 50's. Has partner who lives in London and who studies for art degree.
They have daughter about 12 or 13 who has psychiatric disorder and can be challenging, lives between both parents. They are both different nationalities, neither of them is Finnish.

- The home is small 'kaksio' with sit-in kitchen near Kamppi. No pets in the house. House is full of new-age knickknacks and exotic plants. Very untidy with computers eg on floor and often food left sitting to rot for days.

-Employer has many different health problems she talks about all the time and in graphic detail. She is often unable to go shopping and will call you to get her shopping in your own time at no extra pay. Ofent calls late at night as has no one else to talk to.

- Employer speaks about 8 languages but has very poor English . She dresses very eccentric and flamboyant, is chatty and loud and can appear super-friendly , offering food and drink (gets aggressive if someone refuses). She often asks for advice like if a dress suits her or asks for help with beauty tasks such as shaving legs or applying cream eg ..she has generally very few boundaries with strangers.

-Often has violent arguments with daughter and partner in front of others,even in street, often lashes out at people.

-Will contantly moan that she has no money for things like milk and try to get out of paying wages.

We had words with her as we are unable to provide a personal beautician and best friend service and she has stopped paying us (we have a huge financial loss) as well as spreading lies via internet about us. luckily the recipients were on our side as they know how unstable she is.

contact me if you have offered a job there and I will let you know.
Thank you.