Watching fotball in Finland via sky sports?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
upperreule

Post by upperreule » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Hi all,

Is there any way i can watch the Premier league with English commentary (ideally through sky sports) in Finland? Also, can i access Match of the Day somehow?

Thanks for any advice, i need my fix;)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sinikala

Re: Watching fotball in Finland via sky sports?

Post by sinikala » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:35 am

upperreule wrote:Hi all,

Is there any way i can watch the Premier league with English commentary (ideally through sky sports) in Finland? Also, can i access Match of the Day somehow?

Thanks for any advice, i need my fix;)
Match of the Day you can get on iPlayer ... you need to use a UK vpn service to make the BBC think you are watching from the UK. Dead easy, I've been doing this for years.

Sky sports is a bit trickier, I've never tried ... you need to have access to a UK Sky subscription, then I believe you can watch Sky Go using a vpn
https://thevpn.guru/watch-unblock-sky-go-outside-uk-vpn
but I've heard that Sky is better at detecting if you re using a vpn, and clamps down on users trying it on.

MagicJ

Post by MagicJ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:07 am

Also, anything on bbc/itv (fa cup, CL etc.) Can be watched directly from filmon. Or just stream via footballlol.com or similar, better quality streams other than flash are good through acestream or streamtorrent. Always get hd streams on acestream if arsenal aren't on katsomo.
If a family member has sky you can just get their access code from them, i think. Not tried this method.
ImageImage

upperreule

Post by upperreule » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:45 am

That's really useful, many thanks:)

sinikala

Post by sinikala » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:57 pm

MagicJ wrote:Also, anything on bbc/itv (fa cup, CL etc.) Can be watched directly from filmon. Or just stream via footballlol.com or similar, better quality streams other than flash are good through acestream or streamtorrent. Always get hd streams on acestream if arsenal aren't on katsomo.
If a family member has sky you can just get their access code from them, i think. Not tried this method.
FilmOn is a last resort for me, their streams freeze so often that they are usually unwatchable.

Everton's Europa league games have all been on ITV4 not sure if it's HD, but it's damned good quality even through a VPN.

For games on Sky I use an Android app called "sopcast games" there's usually a stream, but most often ccoming from Russia, so no english commentary that the OP was after.

MagicJ

Post by MagicJ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:24 pm

Yeah, i might only use filmon on the phone app, phone discretely hidden behind the salad bowl so i can continue warching a game during dinner. :-)
ImageImage

Post by 332415 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Download the ZenMate extension for Google Chrome and set it to UK, then you can watch Match of the Day on iPlayer, or BBC and ITV channels live through their websites

For live games not on BBC/ITV (like Prem for example) use a streaming website.

Here are a couple I use

http://www.vipleague.me/sports/football.html
http://firstrowne.eu/

The first one is usually better.

Also, go to Reddit (subforum /r/soccer) and go to the matchday thread (highlighted in green). People will post streams in there (HD sometimes too).

MTV Sport has games on TV here in Finland too. Though with Finnish commentary, obviously

MagicJ

Post by MagicJ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Zenmate is on opera and firefox too.
ImageImage

Post by 332415 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:58 pm

MagicJ wrote:Zenmate is on opera and firefox too.
Oh, well there too then! :thumbsup:

MagicJ

Post by MagicJ » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:14 pm

sinikala wrote:
MagicJ wrote:Also, anything on bbc/itv (fa cup, CL etc.) Can be watched directly from filmon. Or just stream via footballlol.com or similar, better quality streams other than flash are good through acestream or streamtorrent. Always get hd streams on acestream if arsenal aren't on katsomo.
FilmOn is a last resort for me, their streams freeze so often that they are usually unwatchable.
Tbf i watched the whole of motd2 on the filmon app on my s5 with no glitches/buffering at all.
ImageImage

Post by 332415 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Filmon quality is bad though, at least with ZenMate and on the BBC or ITV website the quality of the live stream is a bit better

Can't believe ITV still don't have HD on their catch up service, that's pretty bad

foca

Post by foca » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:30 pm

Sky go works over vpn without any problems. Make sure you have proper subscription (sky sport).
What do you want from me?????

Huwster

Post by Huwster » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:34 pm

foca wrote:Sky go works over vpn without any problems. Make sure you have proper subscription (sky sport).
Which VPN provider do you use to get sky go to work? I have tried using purevpn but sky go detect I am not in the UK.

Does anyone else have any other solutions for this? I have a sky subscription in the UK and spend part of the year living in Finland. I'd love to be able to access sky. I have managed to get BBC ITV etc with my current VPN provider but not sky go.

sinikala

Post by sinikala » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:26 am

Huwster wrote:
foca wrote:Sky go works over vpn without any problems. Make sure you have proper subscription (sky sport).
Which VPN provider do you use to get sky go to work? I have tried using purevpn but sky go detect I am not in the UK.

Does anyone else have any other solutions for this? I have a sky subscription in the UK and spend part of the year living in Finland. I'd love to be able to access sky. I have managed to get BBC ITV etc with my current VPN provider but not sky go.
Foca's post was nearly 2 years ago, whichever vpn he was using has likely long since been blocked by Sky.

Back to watching footy ... Kodi and it's Sportsdevil add-on are worth investigating.

foca

Post by foca » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:26 am

sinikala wrote:
Huwster wrote:

Foca's post was nearly 2 years ago, whichever vpn he was using has likely long since been blocked by Sky.

Back to watching footy ... Kodi and it's Sportsdevil add-on are worth investigating.

VPN is Still working fine. Moreover , it seems that sky does not care that much about VPN. I have at least 2 different subscriptions working perfectly well.
What do you want from me?????