Advise for applying Permanent residence!

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Dennis2014

Post by Dennis2014 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:43 am

Hello Everyone!

I am non EU citizen. I got married with Fin and have 2 kids. My kids are both Finnish citizen. We started living separated from last June. Lapsisuojahuolto at social office give me 100% custody for both of my kids. My husband have right to meet kids 2 times per month. This right is valid for 1 year then i and my husband will meet them again next June.

Now i want to apply for permanent residence permit. I have been hold A Types enough four years until this summer. My A permit type is still valid until next year. I would like to ask when i fill the form based of family ties. which family ties am i belong to my husband or children?
Are there any problems for application during separated living between my husband and I?
Can i submit application beforehand or wait for the next meeting with the lapsisuojahuolto at social office in June?

I am very appreciated for all your advises.
Best regards
D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Advise for applying Permanent residence!

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:57 pm

Dennis2014 wrote: Now i want to apply for permanent residence permit. I have been hold A Types enough four years until this summer. My A permit type is still valid until next year. I would like to ask when i fill the form based of family ties. which family ties am i belong to my husband or children?
As long as you are married, both should work. I would use the children so a potential divorce during processing has no effect (though given the 6 month waiting period for a divorce it's unlikely to happen).
Dennis2014 wrote: Are there any problems for application during separated living between my husband and I?
Irrelevant if you use ties to the kids.
Dennis2014 wrote: Can i submit application beforehand or wait for the next meeting with the lapsisuojahuolto at social office in June?
There's no need to wait for the meeting at the social office.

Dennis2014

Post by Dennis2014 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:31 pm

Thank you very much for explanation. I and my husband are now living in different address and city. But we haven't yet divorced. When we come to meet social office in next June i will ask them continue doing lapsisuojahuolto paper for one more year. If i use the based family ties with my husband during separated living. I don't know it works or not. I am still worried.
Regards
D

Post by 007 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:25 pm

Dennis2014 wrote:Thank you very much for explanation. I and my husband are now living in different address and city. But we haven't yet divorced. When we come to meet social office in next June i will ask them continue doing lapsisuojahuolto paper for one more year. If i use the based family ties with my husband during separated living. I don't know it works or not. I am still worried.
Regards
D
Worry not. As far as I know, unless you have committed a serious crime, as being a mother of underage Finnish citizens, you will definitely be given a residence permit. So, in my opinion also, you should use family ties with your children for residence permit extension.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:47 am

007 wrote: Worry not. As far as I know, unless you have committed a serious crime, as being a mother of underage Finnish citizens, you will definitely be given a residence permit. So, in my opinion also, you should use family ties with your children for residence permit extension.
Biological relation is irrelevant. The OP needs to be a guardian:

http://www.migri.fi/moving_to_finland_t ... ily_member

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 am

OP: Did you check the relevant application form?

http://www.migri.fi/download/41720_OLE_ ... da7bdbd188

It's possible to check both reasons so the question is somewhat moot on which ties to choose.

Dennis2014

Post by Dennis2014 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Thank you very much. Could you please give me advise which family ties suitable for my on this situation at this moment? I and my husband are only separated living but we haven't yet divorced. I have100 % custody for both of my kids from last June. If i choose family ties, parent/guardian they will consider why i don't choose family ties, spouse. I hope all of you could help me to choose a right selection.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:44 pm

You should choose family ties, because of your children. Not because of your failing marriage. That would be false. Your children are in your care 100% and I assume they are Finnish? So do the permit through them. Good luck :)

Dennis2014

Post by Dennis2014 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:10 pm

I am thankful to all of you.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:59 pm

tummansininen wrote:betelgeuse has told you twice now. Tick parent. Don't tick spouse. And stop worrying, your permit is virtually guaranteed. They CANNOT kick your kids out of the country, you have custody of them, and the authorities know that children need a parent!
To nitpick I didn't recommend skipping a mark on spouse. I see no reason why both couldn't be checked.

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:25 am

Though remember, while you say you have 100% custody of kids, it might not be as clear cut as you presume.

Because having SOLE custody is extremely rare, and in case where it is in reality shared (but you being the "close" parent) there are limitations to what you can do with kids.

This is notable specially as you are not yet divorced! It is my understanding (and please correct if wrong) but the final decision on custody is made once you are divorced.

Dennis2014

Post by Dennis2014 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:29 pm

As Betelgeuse mentioned that i could mark on both spouse and guardian /children. Is it possible for me to tick both mark on application form? Social officer want to give 100% custody for me because they noticed that my husband never help me to take care of kids. I have been taking care of my kids for whole time. Social officer recognized that my husband is alcohol addicted. That's why they don't want to give a custody right to him.

Rip

Post by Rip » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:13 pm

If they wanted, they could state 'choose one' (with online PDF probably even force you to do that) . You tick for the children of course. As for the spouse, I don't see it make it any difference if you choose that one too or not. You're still officially married, while kids are perfectly sufficient reason alone.

kubat15

Post by kubat15 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:14 pm

Can I ask does anybody know ?
If the non eu father has the half costudy can he get the resident permit. He has the half custody given by court!

kubat15

Post by kubat15 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:19 am

tummansininen wrote:He can apply (and be granted) a residency permit to live in Finland on the basis that his children live here. Yes.
Thanks ,I have other questions, I have been applied today is 6 mont actually . İ am still waiting for the decision.
I have finnish child.

My first resident permit was A family ties, Over merrige didn't work out then we divorced ,I live my self she live her self .
I have half costudy and visiting right for my son.
just don't know why it does take so long ,I can't go to my own country to see my family, I feel like I am RFC wich I am not .