How bad is wet room renovation?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
lkpro91

Post by lkpro91 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi,

Has anyone here experienced the wet room renovation after buying an apartment? How bad was it? :D

We are considering making an offer for an apt in a good location but when we checked the list of upcoming renovations, this one shows up and actually will cost a lot (i.e. 13-18k, 10 year loan) and may take quite long (i.e. around 50 days) to be done. I mean "WTH?", this is not even the pipe or facade renovation yet but seems very bad. :shock: :shock:

Cheers,

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: How bad is wet room renovation?

Post by Upphew » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:24 pm

lkpro91 wrote:Hi,

Has anyone here experienced the wet room renovation after buying an apartment? How bad was it? :D

We are considering making an offer for an apt in a good location but when we checked the list of upcoming renovations, this one shows up and actually will cost a lot (i.e. 13-18k, 10 year loan) and may take quite long (i.e. around 50 days) to be done. I mean "WTH?", this is not even the pipe or facade renovation yet but seems very bad. :shock: :shock:

Cheers,
Kosteat tilat? In every apartment without doing pipes? That is new to me.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Piet

Post by Piet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:40 pm

WTF 50 days, are they gonna build the whole house again from scratch??

Friends apartment had the Sauna and bathroom renovation done because of moisture in the walls, so the whole thing was taken out, all tiles removed from the walls, walls equalized by sanding, floor (linoleum or something similar) removed, sauna dismantled, windows removed and then all walls and the floor were dried with a special heater / huge fan.
Then the new floor was put in (epoxy that looks like granite :lol: but looks ok) very tough stuff 8) .
Then the whole sauna was rebuild (including the alu foil) , new insulation new wooden walls, new benches, new window plinths, then the walls were covered with new tiles, the old sink and toilet were placed back old piping used, a new shower was mounted and supplied with new piping, the old heating radiator was replaced for a new one, old piping used. the old sauna door was placed back, all new plinths. Finished from start to end in 26 days by just one man and last day the electrician connecting the electric stuff (with the right equipment).

Of course this was paid for by someone else, not me :lol: (Friend is renting, this is sometimes better than owning :ochesey: )

So my advise, don't buy... too expensive and takes way too long.
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

steveroy

Post by steveroy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:43 pm

If it's not dealt with, wet rooms become a breeding ground for mould and bacteria, which not only looks unsightly but can also lead to bad health such as respiratory problems. Poor ventilation also leads to damp, which could result in rotting plaster and grout, tiling cracks and even tiles falling off

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:01 am

steveroy wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:43 pm
If it's not dealt with, wet rooms become a breeding ground for mould and bacteria, which not only looks unsightly but can also lead to bad health such as respiratory problems. Poor ventilation also leads to damp, which could result in rotting plaster and grout, tiling cracks and even tiles falling off
The original post was made 4 years ago. If there was water damage, it would be fixed right away to prevent it from getting worse (as opposed to being planned and budgeted in advance).