Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
quillcentaur

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by quillcentaur » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:03 am

@pepino I applied inside Finland. Got supplementary questions to answer by physical mail. Nothing else after that. It's a long process. Been 5 months since I applied.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pepino

Post by pepino » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:42 pm

quillcentaur wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:03 am
@pepino I applied inside Finland. Got supplementary questions to answer by physical mail. Nothing else after that. It's a long process. Been 5 months since I applied.

@quillcentaur My partner received the supplementary questions through physical mail a little over 3 weeks after submitting my application at the embassy. Have you had any updates since sending back the questions?

quillcentaur

Post by quillcentaur » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:09 am

Nope. I'm not really surprised. There are so many people applying for Student RP who haven't even got their RP even though the school year already started!

pepino

Post by pepino » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:12 pm

I've just received an email today (1 month and a little over 3 weeks after applying in my country) that a decision has been made and that it is ready to be picked up from my local Finnish embassy. Has anyone received a similar email? I won't be able to get it until Monday and I'm just hoping that it's positive!

pepino

Post by pepino » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:38 am

Just to update in case someone comes across this and would like to know, I have received a positive decision and my residence permit card now just under 2 months of submitting my application at my local Finnish embassy.

quillcentaur

Post by quillcentaur » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 am

pepino wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:38 am
Just to update in case someone comes across this and would like to know, I have received a positive decision and my residence permit card now just under 2 months of submitting my application at my local Finnish embassy.
Congrats! That's so quick! In what country did you apply?

pepino

Post by pepino » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:56 pm

quillcentaur wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 am
pepino wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:38 am
Congrats! That's so quick! In what country did you apply?

Thank you! I applied in the UK at the London embassy.

Sharkbait4

Post by Sharkbait4 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:26 am

Update:

From other grounds, I applied for Family Ties RP (my other grounds RP will expire June 2020). I submitted my application via EnterFinland last December 20th. Lucky to come across an early appointment slot (January 31st).

Long story short, I went there Friday (January 31st) for my 10:30 am appointment and got the POSITIVE decision TODAY, Monday (February 3rd).

12/20/2019 We have received the processing fee for your application.
12/20/2019 We have received your application and it is pending.
1/31/2020 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
2/3/2020 A decision has been made on your application.
2/3/2020 The decision can be read on your user account.
2/3/2020 You have received the decision.

Good luck to everyone.😍💜

aambuchholz

Post by aambuchholz » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:14 pm

This forum has been very helpful - thank you to all that have posted!

Hoping someone can help with a related question - for the income requirement, does your partner have to prove the funds for a sustained period of time? Or just prove they meet in the income requirement on the most recent bank statement?

Thanks!

Nakki

Post by Nakki » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 pm

Hi everyone!

It is nice to share an experience here. It seems this is the only place I found related to this topic
I have also applied for https://migri.fi/en/intimate-relationship visa in the middle of March, within one week I received mail with 10 questions. I sent in the midnight and the next morning received requests for extra attachments. It seems in my case is super fast, maybe because I am here in Finland.

According to the below messages I was expecting questing to come in at least in 2-3 month but I have received them in one week.
Anyway, I will keep updated here. Good luck everyone who is waiting and stay safe!

darubillah

Post by darubillah » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 am

Nakki wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 pm
Hi everyone!

It is nice to share an experience here. It seems this is the only place I found related to this topic
I have also applied for https://migri.fi/en/intimate-relationship visa in the middle of March, within one week I received mail with 10 questions. I sent in the midnight and the next morning received requests for extra attachments. It seems in my case is super fast, maybe because I am here in Finland.

According to the below messages I was expecting questing to come in at least in 2-3 month but I have received them in one week.
Anyway, I will keep updated here. Good luck everyone who is waiting and stay safe!
Hey Nakki,

I am also looking forward to apply on this basis, I want to know about income do we have to show reserved funds?
I am already in finland and working so i and my partner both have a job and having been living together for 3 years.

So about income what documents did you give?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:56 am

darubillah wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 am
Nakki wrote:
I am also looking forward to apply on this basis, I want to know about income do we have to show reserved funds?
I am already in finland and working so i and my partner both have a job and having been living together for 3 years.
Applying for a residence permit on other grounds would be a bad choice in your situation, it does not even offer a full right to work in Finland.
What you write implies that you are likely eligible both for a residence permit based on work and for a residence permit as family member. Extending whichever of these you already have would be the easiest option.

darubillah

Post by darubillah » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:35 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:56 am
darubillah wrote:
Nakki wrote:
Applying for a residence permit on other grounds would be a bad choice in your situation, it does not even offer a full right to work in Finland.
What you write implies that you are likely eligible both for a residence permit based on work and for a residence permit as family member. Extending whichever of these you already have would be the easiest option.
I am working as a web developer in a software house, and in migri website its written that you can be able to work in middle or top position of a company, so i believe i am in the middle position of a company. and for family ties its taking more then 5 month for initial process and for temporary I need to get RP as quickly as posible so this is the only quickiest and easiest RP process i found, but yeah in future we can apply for marriage or family ties.

Also a question came in my mind, that what if we broke up not saying that we are gonna, so does any records shows that my girlfriend is in relation with me, as we belong to middle eastern family and parents could be little wild about this relationship.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:07 pm

darubillah wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:35 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
darubillah wrote:

I am working as a web developer in a software house,
What is your current RP and why can't you extend that one?
darubillah wrote:
for family ties its taking more then 5 month for initial process and for temporary I need to get RP as quickly as posible so this is the only quickiest and easiest RP process i found,
The Migri estimate for the other grounds RP is 3–8 months processing time, which is similar to the family ties RP.
It also wouldn't make sense if the exceptional other grounds RP would be processed faster than the normal RP categories.

Now is the time of the year when Finnish universities are publishing admission results, and in normal times Migri is then busy with priority processing of student RPs (and Migri staff taking summer vacation) until autumn.
What will happen this year is impossible to predict.
https://migri.fi/en/faq-coronavirus#times
Migri wrote: Will the coronavirus outbreak influence the processing times of the Finnish Immigration Service?
It is very likely.

darubillah

Post by darubillah » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:45 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:07 pm
darubillah wrote:
FinlandGirl wrote:

I am working as a web developer in a software house,
What is your current RP and why can't you extend that one?
Right now my application for asylum is in process for past three years, i have reappealed for once. so still waiting for court decision.

so that why i want to apply for RP on some other grounds.