Applying for the right visa

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Jhenna88

Post by Jhenna88 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:38 am

Hi, I just want to seek some advice from you guys. I am a filipina and my bf is a finn. We've been together for three and half years and he visited me 2 times here in the Philippines ( March 2018 and recently February 2019). He doens't have job for now but he will sponsor and covering the expenses . I just wanted to ask an advice that what would be the right visa to apply? If we're planning to get married in finland?

Thank you guys๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Last edited by Jhenna88 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Applying for the right visa

Post by Upphew » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:25 am

Jhenna88 wrote: โ†‘
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:38 am
Hi, I just want to seek some advice from you guys. I am a filipina and my bf is a finn. We've been three and half years and he visited me 2 times here in the Philippines ( March 2018 and recently February 2019). He doens't have job for now but he will sponsor and covering my expenses while staying in sponsor. I just wanted to ask an advice that what would be the right visa to apply? If we're planning to get married in finland?

Afaik there is just the Schengen visa, so no choice there. Visa is for visiting, residence permit is for residing.
http://www.finland.ph/public/default.as ... ture=en-US
https://www.norway.no/en/philippines/se ... es-permit/
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:38 am
Hi, I just want to seek some advice from you guys. I am a filipina and my bf is a finn. We've been three and half years and he visited me 2 times here in the Philippines ( March 2018 and recently February 2019). He doens't have job for now but he will sponsor and covering my expenses while staying in sponsor. I just wanted to ask an advice that what would be the right visa to apply? If we're planning to get married in finland?

Hi! Kumusta :P
I will teach you how :wink:
Check your inbox :thumbsup:
Pinay din ako :beer_yum:

Jhenna88

Post by Jhenna88 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:15 am

Thanks for the response!

I really want to know if fiancee or tourist would be good because he doesn't have job yet๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Are you officially engaged? How can your Bf support you if he doesn't have a job and no income? I know on this Forum some have come from Asia on a tourist visa and married here but must depend on their financial situation.

Beequeenn

Post by Beequeenn » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:33 pm

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:15 am
Thanks for the response!

I really want to know if fiancee or tourist would be good because he doesn't have job yet๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Well if you want to come to Finland and get married here then tourist visa is the only option. Otherwise you have to get married somewhere, pretty much in the philippines, then apply for โ€œResident Permit base on family tiesโ€ at the Finnish embassy in your country and come to Finland with that. In either case, it might be difficult as your bf dont have a job hence hard to prove he can sponsor you. As far as i know, it doesnt really matter how well the sponsor is, but your situation back home is more important to officers, ie. you have strong ties in philippines for you to go back after visiting (in case you apply for tourist visa).

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:08 pm

Thanks for the response!

I'm here to help you with the requirements/ supporting documents for you to show, but how can your boyfriend/fiancee can support your stay if he dont have job? Do you think he's money in the bank is enough to support you?
If he's financially unstable whatever proof of relationships you will gonna show, you will be rejected over and over again. Unless you have your own money to show :thumbsup: .

I invited my sister to come here this summer 90days . I send her the invitation and I am the one who filled up the application online and paid everything. :thumbsup:
She dont have any clue what's all the papers I sent to her through email :lol:
I just told her what to do and she made it, she got her Visa and she's coming here soon :beer_yum:

If you have your own money to support your stay that would be better and I will help you with your application. (Sabihin mo sa boyfriend mo, hanap cya work).
Last edited by latikajamal on Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:44 pm

Beequeenn wrote: โ†‘
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:33 pm
Thanks for the response!

Well if you want to come to Finland and get married here then tourist visa is the only option. Otherwise you have to get married somewhere, pretty much in the philippines, then apply for โ€œResident Permit base on family tiesโ€ at the Finnish embassy in your country and come to Finland with that. In either case, it might be difficult as your bf dont have a job hence hard to prove he can sponsor you. As far as i know, it doesnt really matter how well the sponsor is, but your situation back home is more important to officers, ie. you have strong ties in philippines for you to go back after visiting (in case you apply for tourist visa).
I think financial stability of the sponsor reaฤบly matters.
Proof of strong ties it can be to some applicants but not in my case as a Philippine citizen, I never shown any proof of strong ties in my home country as a requirements.
Proof of relationships (3 pictures together, our travels, in other countries they can see it in the passport stamps pages both mine and my husband)
#3months bank statement of my husband, proof of accommodation (title of his 3 properties, my husband is an entrepreneur, so all I shown was everything about him really #realtalk :thumbsup: , and valid plane tickets/roundtrip, travel insurance and mandatory requirements documents from my application online. This happened on my first 90days summer vacation here in Finland and the 2nd was in this forum already :lol: I got pregnant and need advice from this forum and thankful for those who helped me here under "pregnant, unmarried ". :beer_yum:

When your boyfriend don't have work and can't even sponsor himself so how can he then sponsor you? The government is paying for those unemployed citizen, and one thing is for sure the Finnish government will not allow you to in. #realtalk

about the marriage, I will advice to do it here in Finland, tell them the reason in the invitation. Easy and simple. Just bring your Cenomar/certificate of impediment. Dfa legalized plus Finnish honorary consulate legalized (2 stamps) and bring it here :thumbsup:

KattyTheKitty

Post by KattyTheKitty » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:15 pm

I came to Finland with a schengen visa as a spouse of finnish. I didn't have a job when I applied my visa. But my husband has a job and I have savings in my bank account so ofc, I showed them my money, our marriage certificate, invitation letter from my husband, my husband's bank account and salary payment and etc that is required on the list. It was good enough for them. But If your future husband has enough savings to support your stay or you have enough money to support yourself, they might let you in. Getting married in Finland may be the best option, just mention that you guys are getting married in Finland on the invitation letter. Goodluck!!

Jhenna88

Post by Jhenna88 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:35 am

bm50 wrote: โ†‘
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:15 pm
Are you officially engaged? How can your Bf support you if he doesn't have a job and no income? I know on this Forum some have come from Asia on a tourist visa and married here but must depend on their financial situation.
Yes, we are. He does'nt have a job but he is well off enough.

KattyTheKitty

Post by KattyTheKitty » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:27 am

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:35 am
Just make sure that he has a lil bit of savings to support you. My husband has a job, but life in Finland is not as easy as you might think It is. Payments come and go easily so does the money. But If you are a grateful person enough to accept the reality that everything in Finland is way more expensive compared to the PH, I think you will be able to deal with it. And oh, asian foods are ridiculously expensive (I visit asian store at least once a month and spend hundreds euro on that), and you gotta learn how to cook finnish foods like I do If you want to help your husband saving his money a lil bit. You can learn it from youtube or internet. I make shopping lists with prices included (I use foodie.fi, you can download it on Google play store) to calculate how much money we need to spend and what we need to buy so It won't be too much even though my husband thinks I'm being ridiculous sometimes, but I wanna make sure that we have savings by the end of the month. It's important to have savings!! Goodluck!!

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:09 pm

KattyTheKitty wrote: โ†‘
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:27 am
Just make sure that he has a lil bit of savings to support you. My husband has a job, but life in Finland is not as easy as you might think It is. Payments come and go easily so does the money. But If you are a grateful person enough to accept the reality that everything in Finland is way more expensive compared to the PH, I think you will be able to deal with it. And oh, asian foods are ridiculously expensive (I visit asian store at least once a month and spend hundreds euro on that), and you gotta learn how to cook finnish foods like I do If you want to help your husband saving his money a lil bit. You can learn it from youtube or internet. I make shopping lists with prices included (I use foodie.fi, you can download it on Google play store) to calculate how much money we need to spend and what we need to buy so It won't be too much even though my husband thinks I'm being ridiculous sometimes, but I wanna make sure that we have savings by the end of the month. It's important to have savings!! Goodluck!!
Yes I agree with this.
The cost of living is very high. I could say that I'm so lucky to have a grateful life here now ,but knowing the experiences of some filipina living here, they said it's hard , they need to work to help their husband. as a regular employee, it's not enough. If we convert our money to PH. It's a lot yes but here it's not. Some selling foods and items to earn more for them to be able to send money to their family in the PH.
I stayed at home with my soon 11months old baby and getting benefits from kela.400โ‚ฌ plus(90โ‚ฌ for child support and 340โ‚ฌ for my home care allowance for taking good care of my son until he reach the age 3.) This money we saved and didn't spend . My husband told me to keep it and use it if ever I want to go home for a vacation in PH.
But thinking how much money my husband is spending for our foods, we go out to buy 2times a week and we always spent more or less 200โ‚ฌ every time we go out( its expensive to buy organic foods as well, we used to eat organic foods and healthy foods, it seems like eating healthy foods are much more expensive).
Yeah Asian stores, it's so expensive to buy there. We have 3 Asian stores here near our place. I used to go there twice a month :thumbsup:

Aahh It's too many to mention....
let's proceed to the beauty in it. This is so nice and beautiful country. Clean,cold,peaceful.
at first I'm so afraid of the silence :lol: specially when we were in the summer house, I thought at first somebody will gonna show up and kill us :lol: I'm not get used to the silence imagine Philippines :lol: but now in 2yrs of stay I get used to it.
And I'm happy that i can take good care of my son and not working, not that easy but i love and enjoy every second of it, far from PH, family,relatives are there to help you, but I'm ok now :thumbsup:. I can't see myself working and leave my baby to someone else :thumbsdown:
My husband is the only son and both parents died already so I stayed alone at home with my son yeah he had some relatives but living far from our place, so that's the reason also why we Invited my sister to come here on summer so she will experience to stay here at the same time taking good care of my son during her stay and looking forward on how she will be able to stay here with us permanently.

So If you will gonna ask me about, if Finland is the best country to live in.... yes in my case :thumbsup:
But in the end of the day , there's no place like home, the reason why my son has dual citizenship so he can choose :D we have property in PH, properties here in Finland and he can stay in gran canaria Spain we have simple and nice apartment there so he can choose wherever :thumbsup: :beer_yum:
Last edited by latikajamal on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:41 pm

You can try to apply girl, if you think he's money is enough to support you.
https://www.vfsglobal.com/Norway/Philippines/ ( official site)
Apply for a VISITOR's VISA, visit boyfriend/girlfriend.
You can see all the requirements in the checklist.
Some details I will send it through email :thumbsup:
With this forum, you will know the different experiences and its nice to
learn from them :thumbsup:
And I hope you come back again in this thread to tell what happen in your application :thumbsup:
Goodluck :beer_yum:

Lolon

Post by Lolon » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:44 am

latikajamal wrote: โ†‘
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:44 pm
Beequeenn wrote: โ†‘
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:33 pm
Thanks for the response!

I think financial stability of the sponsor reaฤบly matters.
Proof of strong ties it can be to some applicants but not in my case as a Philippine citizen, I never shown any proof of strong ties in my home country as a requirements.
Proof of relationships (3 pictures together, our travels, in other countries they can see it in the passport stamps pages both mine and my husband)
#3months bank statement of my husband, proof of accommodation (title of his 3 properties, my husband is an entrepreneur, so all I shown was everything about him really #realtalk :thumbsup: , and valid plane tickets/roundtrip, travel insurance and mandatory requirements documents from my application online. This happened on my first 90days summer vacation here in Finland and the 2nd was in this forum already :lol: I got pregnant and need advice from this forum and thankful for those who helped me here under "pregnant, unmarried ". :beer_yum:

When your boyfriend don't have work and can't even sponsor himself so how can he then sponsor you? The government is paying for those unemployed citizen, and one thing is for sure the Finnish government will not allow you to in. #realtalk

about the marriage, I will advice to do it here in Finland, tell them the reason in the invitation. Easy and simple. Just bring your Cenomar/certificate of impediment. Dfa legalized plus Finnish honorary consulate legalized (2 stamps) and bring it here :thumbsup:

Hi can you help me? I'm in the same boat now