Residence permit, waiting for authorities to contact

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Okwuru

Re: Residence permit, waiting for authorities to contact

Post by Okwuru » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:51 pm

Stefani wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:03 pm
But he didn't get a negative decision either
In my case, I got same message last year and authorities invited me after 2weeks, they issued me a negative decision. It's good to tell people the truth, this paper thing is stressful. But always prepare your self for the worst. However, some cases might be that authorities wants to issue you a fine and they might as well serve you a positive decision. Just expect nothing when they invite you there for decision.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Stefani

Post by Stefani » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:26 pm

It's a nerve wrecking situation, better to be prepared for anything. I am here still waiting blindly for my decision. Spouse of a Finnish citizen applied in march 2019

Okwuru

Post by Okwuru » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:47 am

Stefani wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:26 pm
It's a nerve wrecking situation, better to be prepared for anything. I am here still waiting blindly for my decision. Spouse of a Finnish citizen applied in march 2019
You are even lucky you only waited for 7months, that was fast and you might be also lucky as well that it's a positive result because authorities can also contact you for some other reasons and they will give you the good news. Just don't keep your hopes high, but everything will be fine. Have in mind you have the right to appeal in case things doesn't go your way.

Arel80

Post by Arel80 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Okwuru wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:47 am
Stefani wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:26 pm
You are even lucky you only waited for 7months, that was fast and you might be also lucky as well that it's a positive result because authorities can also contact you for some other reasons and they will give you the good news. Just don't keep your hopes high, but everything will be fine. Have in mind you have the right to appeal in case things doesn't go your way.
My case was like this..its been a year now since i have applied my first residence permit.actuallg, i will be working with the same company as my fiamce here in finland.i came as tourist and it happen that my fiamce company was looking for an employee.last august 13,2019 my employer was wondering why my visa still did not come.he made a call and found out that my photo which i send to migri they cannot retrieve so migri ask again for a n new photo.After a week migir send email that they need me for oral interview. My employer again made a call to migri and migri told that they made an invitation letter which they send it in my home august 14,2019, from that date till 2 weeks i have waited my invitation letter but it does not come.so i emailed migri again but they told they have send already, to make it sure they send me also in the email the invitation letter with the appointment date of my oral hearing.So, oral hearing done last sept.16, 2019. And after 1 week Sept. 24, 2019.i open my enterfinland account and i recieved a notication that decision has been made and wait for the authorities to contact.so ive been waiting till now from the authorities..Then yesterday October 11, 2019 my invitation letter for oral interview arrived, so weird because it goes 2 months already just recieved the invitation letter, but interview has already been done.I am just wondering if you are not registered in maistratti there might be a conflict or delay in sending mail by post?or maybe i am already in the population system now in finland? does this sometimes happen?..but my concern now is still waiting for the authorities?and very stressful of waiting.

arfhamza

Post by arfhamza » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Its unfortunately a negative decision, happened to me personally.
Just go to the police station and tell them that you have something urgent, and you have to know the decision before you can make any move.
Then they will inform you about the decision.
If you are not in a rush. then enjoy your stay at Finland before they gave you the 30 days before you must leave

Arel80

Post by Arel80 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:29 pm

arfhamza wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:35 pm
Just go to the police station and tell them that you have something urgent, and you have to know the decision before you can make any move.
If you are not in a rush. then enjoy your stay at Finland before they gave you the 30 days before you must leave
Its my 3 weeks now of waiting for the authorities to contact me!for how many weeks have you waited?did you went to the police even without tneir call/txt/message?

arfhamza

Post by arfhamza » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:21 am

Arel80 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:29 pm
arfhamza wrote:
Its my 3 weeks now of waiting for the authorities to contact me!for how many weeks have you waited?did you went to the police even without tneir call/txt/message?
I have waited for 7 weeks before i went there.
but yes i went there without any notification from them

Arel80

Post by Arel80 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:56 pm

arfhamza wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:21 am
Arel80 wrote:
arfhamza wrote:
Alright!..did you made an appeal?..if said so,how much does it cost to get a lawyer?i just want to prepared for a worst scenario!

arfhamza

Post by arfhamza » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:54 am

A lawyer cost approximately 1000e, its not a fix fee
It varies from one to another.
You need to check first if the decision is negative, then what was the reason why they have rejected your application. If you can fix it then appeal. If not don't waste your money

Okwuru

Post by Okwuru » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:01 am

Arel80 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:56 pm
arfhamza wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:21 am
Arel80 wrote:

Alright!..did you made an appeal?..if said so,how much does it cost to get a lawyer?i just want to prepared for a worst scenario!
It depends on your application grounds because, if your application grounds are based on family ties, get a state lawyer, it's free of charge so long as you are a family member to finish citizen, but it's important to fix why you were rejected otherwise, the court will stand with migri and you will be deported.

rururu

Post by rururu » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 pm

Oh, we are still waiting. Not as much as a peep from the police after nearly 5 months. But a police officer personally confirmed that the decision will most likely be negative, and that there is a long line of people waiting for their decisions to be served so we should be patient. Not sure if I should call them about it or no, because it would be nice to move forward already instead of waiting around idly when we know the answer already. You know, so we can either begin the appeal process or get ready to move to Russia.

hira yaqub

Post by hira yaqub » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:23 am

Hi, did you get any message from authorities? i am going through same situation :(

simplyann

Post by simplyann » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:44 am

hira yaqub wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:23 am
Hi, did you get any message from authorities? i am going through same situation :(
I got mine from the authorities last October. Negative.

hira yaqub

Post by hira yaqub » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:26 pm

:(
my decision is also negative. i approached a lawyer now.

simplyann

Post by simplyann » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:22 pm

hira yaqub wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:26 pm
:(
my decision is also negative. i approached a lawyer now.
I filed an appeal but did not get a lawyer. My BF called the administrative court and gave us intruction on how to file an appeal so we do not need to get a lawyer anymore. We sent it via email. Saves money. Applied for new RP while waiting for the decision and got my RP 2 months after 😊