Residence permit, waiting for authorities to contact

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
rururu

Post by rururu » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:08 am

EDIT: The decision was negative. My husband received a 3 year Schengen entry ban. The appeal was not successful either.

My husband applied for a residence permit on family basis last September. We had an interview in May, and since then we have been anxiously waiting.

I randomly checked Enter Finland yesterday, and saw this.

24/06/2019 A decision has been made on your application.
24/06/2019 The decision will be served on you by the authorities. Please wait for the authorities to contact you.

So, it's been over a week now and we haven't heard anything from the authorities. How long did others have to wait? What was the decision?

(He does not have strong authentication on Enter Finland, only email, which means he won't receive the decision online at least according to Migri)
Last edited by rururu on Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vla

Re: Residence permit, waiting for authorities to contact

Post by vla » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:47 pm

rururu wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:08 am
My husband applied for a residence permit on family basis last September after we got married. He is Russian, I am Finnish. We had an interview in May, and since then we have been anxiously waiting.

I randomly checked Enter Finland yesterday, and saw this.

24/06/2019 A decision has been made on your application.
24/06/2019 The decision will be served on you by the authorities. Please wait for the authorities to contact you.

So, it's been over a week now and we haven't heard anything from the authorities. How long did others have to wait? What was the decision?

(He does not have strong authentication on Enter Finland, only email, which means he won't receive the decision online at least according to Migri)
You don't need strong authentication for entering Enter Finland, you can create an account using email and password. I guess if he doesn't have an account he applied on paper, and I guess that's why he will not get any online notification.

As Migri suggests, wait for the decision to be informed to you, I don't think there is anything else for you to do.

Processing times depend on a lot of factors and not every application is the same, so it's difficult to have an estimate.

rururu

Post by rururu » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:08 am

vla wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:47 pm
You don't need strong authentication for entering Enter Finland, you can create an account using email and password. I guess if he doesn't have an account he applied on paper, and I guess that's why he will not get any online notification.

As Migri suggests, wait for the decision to be informed to you, I don't think there is anything else for you to do.

Processing times depend on a lot of factors and not every application is the same, so it's difficult to have an estimate.
I know you don't need strong authentication, I was referring to this text on Migri's website:

"If you have used secure identification – i.e. you have logged into the service using Finnish online banking codes – you will be notified of the decision via the e-service.

In other cases, the e-service will inform you of the fact that a decision has been made. In this event, the status of your application in the e-service will change to waiting for notification."

But only now saw it was from 2014 so I suppose things might have changed a bit already.

And thank you for the advice, but I didn't ask what to do, since I know our only option is to wait. I just want to hear other people's experiences.

vla

Post by vla » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:32 pm

rururu wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:08 am
vla wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:47 pm

I know you don't need strong authentication, I was referring to this text on Migri's website:

"If you have used secure identification – i.e. you have logged into the service using Finnish online banking codes – you will be notified of the decision via the e-service.

In other cases, the e-service will inform you of the fact that a decision has been made. In this event, the status of your application in the e-service will change to waiting for notification."

But only now saw it was from 2014 so I suppose things might have changed a bit already.

And thank you for the advice, but I didn't ask what to do, since I know our only option is to wait. I just want to hear other people's experiences.
Clear enough. In my experience it took 8 days for my wife since the day they (she and our daughters) applied to the day they were granted the permit, and after that 6 days for the card to arrive in the embassy for pickup.

samsona112

Post by samsona112 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:25 am

08/05/2019 A decision has been made on your application.
08/05/2019 The decision will be served on you by the authorities. Please wait for the authorities to contact you.

13/06/2019 Thank you for your message. You still need to wait for a decision to be served. We will contact you as soon as possible.

still waiting...

rururu

Post by rururu » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:10 pm

samsona112 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:25 am
08/05/2019 The decision will be served on you by the authorities. Please wait for the authorities to contact you.

13/06/2019 Thank you for your message. You still need to wait for a decision to be served. We will contact you as soon as possible.

still waiting...
Did you receive the decision yet, or any contact from the authorities? We are still waiting, trying to stay patient...

Arel80

Post by Arel80 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:29 pm

Same issue here i am worried already..it most likely be a negative decision?any experience?please share

Arel80

Post by Arel80 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:08 pm

rururu wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:10 pm
samsona112 wrote:

still waiting...
Did you receive the decision yet, or any contact from the authorities? We are still waiting, trying to stay patient...
Did you recieved your decisio?same issue here!

Cate

Post by Cate » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:36 pm

In such mostly the decision is negative and the authorities are the police...they serve negative decisions while migri serve positive decision

Arel80

Post by Arel80 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:53 pm

Cate wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:36 pm
In such mostly the decision is negative and the authorities are the police...they serve negative decisions while migri serve positive decision
Im hopeless!

elhabeeb

Post by elhabeeb » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:21 pm

rururu wrote:
samsona112 wrote:

still waiting...
Hi, I just got same message that 'the decision will be served on you by the authorities. Please wait for them to contact you.' This was on my wife's application. The decision came just the day we submitted the application for our new born here in Finland.
Please I will like to know if you have gotten the decision yet and whether it is positive or negative

Arel80

Post by Arel80 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:33 pm

elhabeeb wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:21 pm
rururu wrote:
samsona112 wrote:

still waiting...
Hi, I just got same message that 'the decision will be served on you by the authorities. Please wait for them to contact you.' This was on my wife's application. The decision came just the day we submitted the application for our new born here in Finland.
Please I will like to know if you have gotten the decision yet and whether it is positive or negative
Its 2 weeks and 5 days now, but still no authorities contacted me...still waiting amd worried!

Stefani

Post by Stefani » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:44 pm

You will receive your residency card soon. They are probably manufacturing it.. it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to get a card. Stop worrying and wait

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:13 pm

Stefani wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:44 pm
You will receive your residency card soon. They are probably manufacturing it.. it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to get a card. Stop worrying and wait
This person did not get a positive decision.

Stefani

Post by Stefani » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:03 pm

But he didn't get a negative decision either