Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
Hafjavid
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:33 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Hafjavid » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:21 pm

annie33 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:30 pm
Hej hej,

Just have one question. I've proven my identity on Fabruary 2020 and my status is still on 1 ("waiting for processing") and I constantly log in and check it compulsively. Do they let you know by email that the status of your application has change to 2 ("processing") or yo only know when they have made a desiiton (status 3)?
We ll get email once has been made or migri requests supplements. You don’t get any email if status changes to processing.



Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

annie33
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by annie33 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:44 pm

Hafjavid wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:21 pm
annie33 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:30 pm
Hej hej,

Just have one question. I've proven my identity on Fabruary 2020 and my status is still on 1 ("waiting for processing") and I constantly log in and check it compulsively. Do they let you know by email that the status of your application has change to 2 ("processing") or yo only know when they have made a desiiton (status 3)?
We ll get email once has been made or migri requests supplements. You don’t get any email if status changes to processing.
Thank you very much for the reply. Sorry for the typos

Admin123
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 2:18 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Admin123 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:50 am

Got decision yesterday!
Proved my identity in Helsinki on 11.3.2020
Positive decision yesterday. No extra supplements asked. Was just checking my enter finland at around 10:30, still was waiting for processing. Around 12 I got a text message about the decision.

krapulassa
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by krapulassa » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:02 am

Admin123 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:50 am
Got decision yesterday!
Proved my identity in Helsinki on 11.3.2020
Positive decision yesterday. No extra supplements asked. Was just checking my enter finland at around 10:30, still was waiting for processing. Around 12 I got a text message about the decision.
I have a friend who passed the yki test after the 4th try but he still cannot carry on a conversation in Finnish. During the citizenship interview, are you expected to be fluent in the language or just a few words are acceptable?

heretostay
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by heretostay » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:27 pm

krapulassa wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:02 am
I have a friend who passed the yki test after the 4th try but he still cannot carry on a conversation in Finnish. During the citizenship interview, are you expected to be fluent in the language or just a few words are acceptable?
You are expected to have a simple conversation with the person taking your documents. So 100% fluency is not required but definitely more than a few words is needed. You need to understand the questions they ask you and respond in Finnish.

rickx1234
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by rickx1234 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:34 pm

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Applications even with similar backgrounds still make a difference in processing time. The queue concept is irrelevant. Good luck to everyone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wwa4Gx ... sp=sharing

dipc
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by dipc » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:26 pm

Applied on 09.03.2020.
Processing started on 04.09.2020. Additional documents were requested.
Received decision on 15.09.2020 (withing 2 working days of sending the additional information).

rickx1234
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by rickx1234 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:49 am

dipc wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:26 pm
Applied on 09.03.2020.
Processing started on 04.09.2020. Additional documents were requested.
Received decision on 15.09.2020 (withing 2 working days of sending the additional information).
Have your checked with the digi ja väestötietovirasto, whether your citizenship status is now updated? I have checked mine. It hasn't been updated yet.


Post Reply